Roast I’m a footballer so people shouldn’t criticise me

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m going to start moving posts to SRP threads, I know its a blurry line but this board in an AFL one so keep your posts (somehow) related to footy and players. Sorry if the threads get messed up a bit but it is what it is.

Cheers and thanks

Edit:
Ok I’ve done my best with one eye closed, please use the report button on anything that should be moved to SRP or crosses lines, it helps alot.
There ARE threads over there for Jordan Peterson, transgender, toxic masculinity…whatever your black heart desires.

Last edited:

Make those screenshots a little bit bigger could you mate? I can't quite make out the text

Judging by your laugh react, I take it you were just taking the piss. Hard to tell sometimes so erred on the side of caution. No worries, less work for me anyway! :)

X: I dont consume animal products
Y: I think X is a vegan because of the above quote
Carringbush2010: how can you say that Y? you haven't provided anything that states X has said 'i am a vegan'
Speculate away, but that's all this is, speculation that ROB has stated 'I'm a footballer so people shouldn't criticise me'

Knock yourselves out.

Make no mistake if you don’t use the correct pronouns to a trans person and they go to the media you are completely f’ed. You might as well become homeless cause everything you have will be trashed especially your reputation. That’s what he’s advocating against essentially but he goes on a deeper level than just that.
Who is homeless because they mis gendered someone?

Who is homeless because they mis gendered someone?

I said you might as well be homeless, people have lose their jobs, rep and have their business boycotted. What else do you have left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I said you might as well be homeless, people have lose their jobs, rep and have their business boycotted. What else do you have left?

Who?

Did they just accidentally say "he" instead of "she"? Or did they do it without apology and refuse to change?

Your reading comprehension seems to be a bit bunk

A professor of law (you know, an expert in the field of LAW) is saying that Peterson is wrong and mischaracterising the bill.

There's another name for mischaracterising; LYING.

Yeah and I agree he’s incorrect in this case. I said before I don’t agree with him. Im just saying the issue he is raising whether it is relevant or not in this situation is an actual issue which is why he has so many followers and also why he is shown as a grotesque person that left wingers froth from the mouth over whenever they see him, hence the thread. The guy should really be a nobody.

haven't read almost all this thread, so sorry if i'm about to repeat something or people have moved on from discussing the topic to other things like circular arguments, insulting each other, etc.

I think we’d like more opinions, especially from AFL players. AFL players can be a bit vanilla compared to American sports, for example.

i don't care if he follows peterson, but this is a guy who couldn't have his finger any further from the pulse of society before we even get to discussing jordan peterson himself. thinks we want to hear what footballers have to say, thinks everyone will play nice for aligning in some way with a polarising figure.
i think he will have learnt a few lessons from this exercise. might or might not feel like the response validates what jordan has to say about the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So mainstream media blatantly informs you that 'Masculinity is bad' and 'feminity is good in ALL FORMS'.
TOXIC masculinity.

TOXIC.

Just like milk is good but TOXIC milk is bad.

Rigid gender norms that shame people for their clothes or hair are bad.

Geddit???

It's a News Corp article so... pfft whatever. "Thanks to men wearing skirts" is just clickbait. Engage with it as such instead of a statement on feminism or gender politics or whatever it's trying to get your goat about.

Empowering the modern woman... why is that "bad"?

It sounds a bit of an overreach for a fashion brand, but they are aiming it at women. What is bad about it? Where does that marketing spiel say "masculinity is bad"?

TOXIC masculinity.

TOXIC.

Just like milk is good but TOXIC milk is bad.

Rigid gender norms that shame people for their clothes or hair are bad.

Geddit???

It's a News Corp article so... pfft whatever. "Thanks to men wearing skirts" is just clickbait. Engage with it as such instead of a statement on feminism or gender politics or whatever it's trying to get your goat about.

It sounds a bit of an overreach for a fashion brand, but they are aiming it at women. What is bad about it? Where does that marketing spiel say "masculinity is bad"?

Okay, also consider the Gillette 'Men, we can do better' campaign.

Now, what do you think the general reaction would be if a rival men's razor company came out with something similar to that Ell and Voo campaign? 'Let's celebrate masculinity in all it's exceptional expressions'?

They couldn't do it. The argument would be that toxic masculinity cannot be celebrated, but must be eradicated. For most examples of genuine toxic male behaviour I actually agree.

However, why is toxic feminity excused in the same example? It absolutely exists and I'll happily provide evidence if required, but according to the marketing example in my first post, ALL forms of feminity must be celebrated.

The fact we're having this conversation is why Jordan Peterson has an audience who feels validated. Even if you personally find him a repulsive, morally corrupt and entirely misguided human being.

PS. Empowering the modern woman is a great thing. I have a daughter who will grow up in a world capable of achieving absolutely anything and I love that.

Sadly there are people out there who seem to view any sort of discussion around gender as being a zero sum game. Hence a statement like “empowering the modern woman” immediately reads to them as another gender winning out over theirs (rather than simply being encouraged to reach the level theirs has enjoyed for centuries). As such they immediately feel a need to criticise with lines like “FFS why aren’t there marketing spiels about empowering the modern man!! MEN ARE THE NEW OPPRESSED” 🤦🏻‍♂️

However, why is toxic feminity excused in the same example? It absolutely exists and I'll happily provide evidence if required, but according to the marketing example in my first post, ALL forms of feminity must be celebrated.
Toxic masculity refers to the rigid set of ideals attached to men, like suppression of emotion or tying violence or dominance to being a man. Men are the main victims of this.

What exactly is toxic femininity?

Now, what do you think the general reaction would be if a rival men's razor company came out with something similar to that Ell and Voo campaign? 'Let's celebrate masculinity in all it's exceptional expressions'?

When you're referring to marketing collateral as your central evidence, you've already lost.

Lol, people discussing femininity and masculinity should probably not be discussing it without a basic university understanding - either through Sociology, Anthropology or Gender Studies (yes I know Jordy those horrible Humanities subjects).

Some of you are wildly missing the point.

??
Why not?

They couldn't do it.
Why not?

The argument would be that toxic masculinity cannot be celebrated, but must be eradicated. For most examples of genuine toxic male behaviour I actually agree.
Excellent!

Wait... most?

This is just weird. "All of it's exceptional expressions." It's obviously... OBVIOUSLY... not talking about whatever it is you are.

The fact we're having this conversation is why Jordan Peterson has an audience who feels validated. Even if you personally find him a repulsive, morally corrupt and entirely misguided human being.
No it's not. Jordan Peterson and other grifters are why we are having this conversation.

PS. Empowering the modern woman is a great thing. I have a daughter who will grow up in a world capable of achieving absolutely anything and I love that.

So let's use your reasoning:

Absolutely?? You mean arson?? OR MURDER?? You monster.

(BTW Jordan Peterson advocates men become absolute monsters... and later on they try and control it).

Just watch any ads or tv show where the husband or significant male is presented as a bumbling idiot and the wife/female is presented as the smart and competent person

Sorry mate, but no that's not even close.

Don't know what the problem is, the vast majority of the public would agree with Peterson on almost everything. The very vocal woke minority don't of course. But they can just go on living their life offended about everything.
Agree with Rory, great Man Jordan Peterson.

Lol, if that were true there wouldn't be widespread political support for both gender pronouns and gay marriage. Not to mention climate change being considered the most important political issue on most surveys in Western countries (all things Peterson opppses)...and people voting for all of the same type of people who support these things. If what you said was true, Scott Morrison and Donald Trump would still be in charge.

Go crawl back in your cave mate.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back