Toast I’m on the Plane! - Real time travel

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see much but seats and tiny windows. Just ate breakfast.

They have free wifi on Planes now

Extraordinary
I flew once from Mildura to Melbourne with another bloke from work. They had free beer on a twin engine propeller driven plane (if I remember it was a Short - don't quote me on that though). But...

There was a four can limit per person.

I gave one of my cans to my workmate as he'd finished his four. The stewardess got angry and they threatened to ban us from their planes in future.

He finished the fifth can.

No WiFi.

I flew once from Mildura to Melbourne with another bloke from work. They had free beer on a twin engine propeller driven plane (if I remember it was a Short - don't quote me on that though). But...

There was a four can limit per person.

I gave one of my cans to my workmate as he'd finished his four. The stewardess got angry and they threatened to ban us from their planes in future.

He finished the fifth can.

No WiFi.

Toilets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance of lamb chops. You should see the price of them here !

$50 for whiting and mash

What the blazes is going on???

Lamb chops should be as cheap as (unless a decent proportion of the price is going directly to the farmers, which I somehow doubt). Supermarkets gouging here and probably the same in NZ. Butchers know they can charge higher so I'm betting they just do (and my father's cousin was a butcher - he did OK for himself).

But here's the travesty...

Whiting and mash? For goodness sake. Mash. GAGF. I have eaten mash one time since 1979. I couldn't avoid it on that occasion due to certain circumstances however, if I'm eating fish, whiting or otherwise, it comes with chips. They can describe them as French Fries if they want, but the meal cannot be served with mash.

And $50.

That must have been at least 4 fillets.

What the blazes is going on???

Lamb chops should be as cheap as (unless a decent proportion of the price is going directly to the farmers, which I somehow doubt). Supermarkets gouging here and probably the same in NZ. Butchers know they can charge higher so I'm betting they just do (and my father's cousin was a butcher - he did OK for himself).

But here's the travesty...

Whiting and mash? For goodness sake. Mash. GAGF. I have eaten mash one time since 1979. I couldn't avoid it on that occasion due to certain circumstances however, if I'm eating fish, whiting or otherwise, it comes with chips. They can describe them as French Fries if they want, but the meal cannot be served with mash.

And $50.

That must have been at least 4 fillets.

Nup 1 fillet, mash (love mash) and book choy

The main meal price anywhere out starts at $40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back