Mod. Notice Ice Hockey board – your feedback is required

How would you describe the state of the Ice Hockey board?

• Stanley Cup worthy – no changes necessary

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Borderline playoff team – a few tweaks are needed

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Basement dweller – blow it all up, fire the GM and coaching staff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Hi all,

As part of a BigFooty-wide initiative, we are looking for your feedback about the Ice Hockey Board. What works, what doesn't, how the board is moderated, and what we can do to make it better.

Vote in the poll, but take some time to give us your thoughts. This thread will remain open for seven days and we will respond seven days after it's closure. The only moderator intervention will be to remove offensive material.

Hopefully we get some great feedback we can all work with!

I believe it's 'Stanley Cup worthy'.

This is a great board for what is very much a minority sport (I guess you could say with a cult-like following). While it may not be the busiest board, people here are passionate about the sport and know what they're talking about. While it would be great to have some more discussion, realistically, it would be challenging given most NHL matches occur during working hours, and with support for the NHL the smallest out of the big 4 US sports.

One possible improvement could be during the NHL season, perhaps have match day threads. I'm not suggesting one for every game (an 82 game season with games just about everyday will probably just result in one ridiculously clogged board), but perhaps one for every day or week of the NHL season (e.g. 19 October matches thread, or 5-12 October matches thread), which would complement the general NHL discussion thread. For the AIHL season, perhaps have a thread for each round.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've tried addressing any of the questions or suggestions you had below.

Actual catch ups to watch important games......? Im usually just a reader not a poster. But still?
I'm not in Australia anymore, but if you guys want to organise meet ups, please feel free to arrange them on the forum.

One possible improvement could be during the NHL season, perhaps have match day threads. I'm not suggesting one for every game (an 82 game season with games just about everyday will probably just result in one ridiculously clogged board), but perhaps one for every day or week of the NHL season (e.g. 19 October matches thread, or 5-12 October matches thread), which would complement the general NHL discussion thread. For the AIHL season, perhaps have a thread for each round.
This is not something that we've tried before, as it's always been one long season thread. So far we haven't had any complaints about the way that it's done, but we could possibly put it to a vote and see what people think. Feel free to start a thread asking everyone what they think.

One reason why I'd lean towards the status quo is that the NHL season isn't broken up into neat weeks like the AFL or NFL seasons are. Because of this, it does make it easy to just have all the discussion in the one thread. It also limits the amount of (locked) threads we have filling up the forum. Either way, I'm happy to put it to a vote and go with what most of you guys think.

Its a great board except for a few weeks a year when the ring-ins show up.

Can we get rid of a few of the stickies?

Done. It will get clogged from time to time with various announcements or what have you, but I'm happy to keep an eye on it and make sure it's a bit more manageable.

Only change i'd have is less Penguins fans.
Forum ban incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back