Opinion If we had to play an away final who would you rather us play and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Available Options:

- Melbourne (MCG)
- Western Bulldogs (Marvel Stadium)
- Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
- Richmond (MCG)
- Sydney (SCG)
- Geelong (MCG)
- West Coast Eagles (Optus Stadium)

All the teams at the MCG (Melb, Richmond, Geelong)....because we have to learn to win there to win the flag.
Desperately want us to win a game there this year, If Gold Coast can surely we can with at least 2 opportunities against Richmond & Hawthorn. We're long overdue.

Finals talk belongs when finals are definitively secured. You clearly have not been here long enough to understand the concept of "Tempting the Deities"
This thread needs to be closed. NOW.
Thanks mods.

Finals talk belongs when finals are definitively secured. You clearly have not been here long enough to understand the concept of "Tempting the Deities"
Thanks mods.
It's Hypothetical

Thanks mods.

BRB, starting a "How will you celebrate when we win the premiership?" thread.

Available Options:

- Melbourne (MCG)
- Western Bulldogs (Marvel Stadium)
- Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
- Richmond (MCG)
- Sydney (SCG)
- Geelong (MCG)
- West Coast Eagles (Optus Stadium)

Without trying to sound like a selfish prick on here by any means, but if we had to play an away final at any of those team's home ground, I would choose to play Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval cause of two reasons:

A) I live here in Adelaide, so of course I would love to see my club play in a finals match here in the future ;)

B) Out of those states/grounds you mentioned above, I seriously believe that we have played our best "away" matches (other then Marvel) under Fages coaching for the past 4 years. Sure we have only played there 3 times with a record of 1-2 against the Power, but we haven't been smashed out of the park in each match there compared to other grounds like the MCG with a (40 point loss in 2017), (5 point loss in 2018) and a (48 point win in 2019). Add in the fact that we have a pretty good record against the Power in recent history (in Brisbane though mind you), I think they seem the most easiest opposition to play at their home ground currently, as I don't think we will be playing Sydney at the SCG tbh so it leaves us either playing at the MCG, Optus Stadium or Adelaide Oval for away finals matches.

However, we really do need to start winning though at the Melbourne Cricket Ground though sooner then later like this season for example, cause the only way we will ever win a Premiership & Grand Final will be winning on that ground and nowhere else.

Besides remember though, we only focus on one week at a time during the season around here mate, so lets concentrate on beating Fremantle instead on Sunday before we get carried away ;)

Geelong or Dogs at the G. Not their home ground even though they get to play there more often then we do. Richmond at the G is Everest and K2.

Answering a different question, but geez I'd hate to have to play an away final against Geelong. Particularly if it was Week 1, I get the feeling the AFL would schedule it down at Kardinia.

Generally I’d agree, but if we got another chance at Kardinia Park this year after what happened in round 2, I reckon we would be up for the fight to make amends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back