Opinion When did you feel we hit rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great sobering read, loathed Angus, but that 'stain on the underpants of life' Fevola coming to our club sure was a low point for me.

Recall days after we signed him stories of his very bad behaviour at the Brownlow leaked out, am certain had the club heard those stories whilst negotiating his services they would have walked away.

Carlton got what they deserved in the prelim for sneakily offloading him to us.

Great sobering read, loathed Angus, but that 'stain on the underpants of life' Fevola coming to our club sure was a low point for me.

Recall days after we signed him stories of his very bad behaviour at the Brownlow leaked out, am certain had the club heard those stories whilst negotiating his services they would have walked away.

Carlton got what they deserved in the prelim for sneakily offloading him to us.

Also, he seemed to have an undisclosed gambling debt which of course followed him. His dream new start in Brisbane with his family quickly went down the tube and he ended up being treated for depression at the New Farm Clinic. Quite a sad story for everyone really. I am glad that he seems to be OK now because many people don't make it through situations like that.

Found this buried on my phone. #sad

View attachment 1827448
Is that Adelaide? Can’t quite see.
They were never a high drawing side during our lean years.
That top section of stand was closed for quite a number of years due to our shitness!
We used to sit at that end and got moved when they shut it down. Our seats are much better now so happy about that.
But I agree that is a sad photo.

Is that Adelaide? Can’t quite see.
They were never a high drawing side during our lean years.
That top section of stand was closed for quite a number of years due to our shitness!
We used to sit at that end and got moved when they shut it down. Our seats are much better now so happy about that.
But I agree that is a sad photo.
Looks like us vs. Giants in 2016.

Just went back to have a look at that score sheet. That Giants team (while most of them very young or past their prime) was absolutely stacked:

Greene
Coniglio
Kelly
Cameron
Patton
Ward
Haynes
Davis
Shiel
Jack Steele
Devon Smith
Scully
Z. Williams
Lobb
Tomlinson
H. Shaw
S. Johnson
Mumford
Himmelberg
Kennedy
Patfull

Didn’t play that day but on their roster:

Whitfield
Ryan Griffen
Hopper
N. Wilson
Hoskin-Elliott
Marchbank

Bloody hell.

I know this is about the Brisbane Lions but can i just make one point when i knew Fitzroy had hit rock bottom. We traded Paul Broderick, Michael Gale and Matthew Dundas for Jeff Hogg who had issues with his back as well. Disaster trade and knew we were in heaps of trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back