If you were a terrorist, where would hit Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Perhaps its easiest to answer where you live.

For Sydney, obvious targets are:

- Lucas Heights Reactor, when a big southerly is bowling

- Serious truck bomb in Harbour Tunnel

- Surface to air missile attack on 747 taking off over the inner west

- General CBD infrastructure attacks (power, telecommunications etc

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Perhaps its easiest to answer where you live.

For Sydney, obvious targets are:

- Lucas Heights Reactor, when a big southerly is bowling

- Serious truck bomb in Harbour Tunnel

- Surface to air missile attack on 747 taking off over the inner west

- General CBD infrastructure attacks (power, telecommunications etc

Not that I would want to see anything like this happen but for pure impact I would suggest the Harbour Tunnel and/or Bridge just before peak hour as that would cause the most chaos to ordinary people..........

If the aim was for actual death's and long term problems Lucas Heights would cause the most long term problems.........

and if the aim was to affect the leadership of this country a bomb on Canberra's Parliament House whilst both houses are sitting.........

Well I can tell you I am scared that the Anzac Day match would be the perfect target, 70,000 people & Anzac Day which is a remembance of war, hope my fears are wrong cause I will be there. :(

Re: Re: If you were a terrorist, where would hit Australia?

Originally posted by dreamkillers
and if the aim was to affect the leadership of this country a bomb on Canberra's Parliament House whilst both houses are sitting.........

Bombing Parliament House is virtually impossible to do serious damage to unless you could find a away to put a bomb right in the middle of it

It's built downwards from ground level into the ground

Even a car/truck bomb parked in the underground carpark would just make a crater of the front courtyard as it isn't near the actual buildings foundation

Re: Re: Re: If you were a terrorist, where would hit Australia?

Originally posted by The Ewok
Bombing Parliament House is virtually impossible to do serious damage to unless you could find a away to put a bomb right in the middle of it

It's built downwards from ground level into the ground

Even a car/truck bomb parked in the underground carpark would just make a crater of the front courtyard as it isn't near the actual buildings foundation

You mean to say some of the bombs we are seeing used in Iraq wouldn't have an impact...........I tend to think otherwise.........

What about a car that is in the underground car park........or a truck in the underground delivery area

Collingwood v Adelaide.

I'M JOKING.

Re: Re: Re: Re: If you were a terrorist, where would hit Australia?

You mean to say some of the bombs we are seeing used in Iraq wouldn't have an impact...........I tend to think otherwise.........

What about a car that is in the underground car park........or a truck in the underground delivery area

Good point. I reckon hang on there's someone at the door

ASIO?

Um, I have to go....

trashing the sydney harbour bridge would cause a bit of trouble i reckon

in melbourne the obvious targets would be crown, a full MCG, west gate bridge, rialto etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I missed the most glaringly obvious target that would affect Australia and more importantly the US if looking from a terrorist point of view...........it would be one of the most difficult given it's location but blowing up Pine Gap would certainly have to be no 1...........

Actually I missed the most glaringly obvious target that would affect Australia and more importantly the US if looking from a terrorist point of view...........it would be one of the most difficult given it's location but blowing up Pine Gap would certainly have to be no 1...........

Well I hope that Pine Gap is the target, no big loss, except to the US.

They will just be doing what Gough wanted to do to the place.

Originally posted by mantis
Well I hope that Pine Gap is the target, no big loss, except to the US.

They will just be doing what Gough wanted to do to the place.

Well I would think that more than half of the people that work there would disagree being Aussies.........any life destroyed in conflict or terror is 1 too many.........

Well I would think that more than half of the people that work there would disagree being Aussies.........any life destroyed in conflict or terror is 1 too many.........

I agree, so why don't the Aussies leave the place, it is an American installation, so I think it has no right to be here, just makes us another target.

I agree, so why don't the Aussies leave the place, it is an American installation, so I think it has no right to be here, just makes us another target.

It's actually a Joint Defence Facility and take it from me we have just as much involvement in the place as the US. It's one of a number of Joint Defence Facility sites that are located around Alice Springs - it's just the most prominant one that is always in the press.

I've worked in Alice Springs and Woomera in the past and know many people that work/ed on the bases in all sorts of roles unlike the early days where Australians were primarily employed for domestic duties.

my god - listen to you people!

America isnt perfect, but they are one of our allies!!

why do you people keep bitching about them?

Would you rather be part of a dictatorship, or fascist regime? Or would you rather be a free country with the backing of one of the worlds superpowers?

I mean....think about what you say, please

Apart from obvious and difficult places like airports...

Sydney: Centrepoint - iconic, and the collateral damage would be enormous Of course, it could be a bit tricky. Central or Redfern stations would work too.
Melbourne: MCG
Adelaide: Rundle Mall - easiest target in Australia.

For a biological attack, Town Hall station.

Originally posted by Porthos
Apart from obvious and difficult places like airports...

Sydney: Centrepoint - iconic, and the collateral damage would be enormous Of course, it could be a bit tricky. Central or Redfern stations would work too.
Melbourne: MCG
Adelaide: Rundle Mall - easiest target in Australia.

For a biological attack, Town Hall station.

i have always thought Centrepoint if blown up and collapses would casue a lot of damage that would extend all the way up George St.

As for bombing plains that are flying over the inner west...I dont think so..I live right under the flight path thank you very much!

.....would affect Australia and more importantly the US if looking from a terrorist point of view

If you were going to attack Australians and try and get Americans at the same time I would have thought Fremantle during a US ship visit would be a prime target. Plenty of American military to attack.

Originally posted by Mr Q
If you were going to attack Australians and try and get Americans at the same time I would have thought Fremantle during a US ship visit would be a prime target. Plenty of American military to attack.

Or even Darwin as we regularly have their ships in port when exercises are held to the north. There was one weekend earlier this year when there were more than 15,000 US sailors in town after an exercise to our north and you can probably add another 5,000 sailors from other western countries who were involved.

Actually a good way to do some damage there would be to use the influence of 'Ladies Of The Night' who do a roaring trade whenever the US Navy is in town.

Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
i have always thought Centrepoint if blown up and collapses would casue a lot of damage that would extend all the way up George St.

As for bombing plains that are flying over the inner west...I dont think so..I live right under the flight path thank you very much!

So do I, and I work right under centrepoint!.

No, it would be far easier to launch a surface to air missile from a boat, and therefore easier as the planes are taking off toward Cronulla.

But as we saw on 24 the other night, it is quite easily to survive a Surface to air missle attack and crash.

Most terrorists seem to pick dates and targets which are significant to them, more than their victims.

They would want to strike at America and would see a terrorist strike in Australia as a way of getting at America and sending a message that alliances with America are dangerous.

Offices of US companies like Citibank would be prime targets. Americans abroad and where they gather would have to be the number 1 target.

I don't know if it would 'work' but a surface-to-surface missile into the wall of a dam could affect the water supply, cause floods and effect the power supply. Would be a fairly soft target.

Poisining the water supply is always a favourite, might be the wrong season but starting bush fires has proven to bring this country to the point of chaos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back