Bumped If...

Remove this Banner Ad

For one, this is an 'If' thread on Jon Brown joining Collingwood, not Leon Davis leaving Collingwood.

None of this would have happened, I can't understand how someone could actually type this and be serious.
BTW: you forgot that because Leon Davis stayed at Collingwood 1 year longer, it resulted in Dayne Beams, Dane Swan and Scott Pendlebury all doing ACL's meaning Collingwood didn't make the top 8 :drunk::drunk::drunk:. That's the exact same logic that you have used, in other words, the exact same rubbish logic you used.

No, the logic i used was that the knee injuries would spread

I guess this come from him stating he was very close to signing with the Pies twice during his career on the footy show.

Ya think? Had he signed and produced his great 2009 season for the Pies the succession plan may never have happened, and we may be sitting on 16 flags now.

If Jonathan Brown had signed for Collingwood in 2008 what would have happened over the next 5 years?

We would have won the premiership in 2009

Yes it would have.

If Davis stayed at Collingwood, Krakouer wouldn't have done his knee because they are good mates and that would have affected space and time making sure Krakouer doesn't do his knee and Maccaffer wouldn't be on our list to so his knee injury wouldn't spread. That would made our ball use at both ends would be allot better. Because our ball use is allot better less ball would be delivered Keeffe in the backline so his knee wouldn't give way.

Now because Goldy wouldn't be on our list we would need another tall forward. We would try Wood but realize that he is too slow and eventually play Ceglar. Dawes wouldn't have had to second ruck so he would have had a much better season.

Because Davis is in the backline, Heritier Lumumba or O'Brien wouldn't have had to man up on the likes of Eddie Betts and wouldn't be a liability in the backline and he too would have had a much better season.

Since the knee injury disease didn't spread Luke Ball would have also been available to play. Luke Ball availability would make our midfield depth allot better and would allow more time for Daisy Thomas to heal his ankle so he could come back in in flying form.

Peter Yagmoor wouldn't have debut in round 1 and have a ridiculous expectation that he could replace Davis setting back his career by a couple of years, Instead he would have had a role model at the club and would have been introduce to AFL easier.

B: Alan Toovey, Nathan Brown, Nick Maxwell
HB: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw

M: Sharrod Wellingham, Luke Ball, Dale Thomas

HF: Alex Fasolo, Chris Dawes, Dayne Beams
F: Andrew Krakouer, Travis Cloke, Jonathan Ceglar

R: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan

I/C: Heritier O'Brien, Steele Sidebottom, Jarryd Blair, Alan Didak

That team could of won us premiership.

Way to highjack a thread.

No, the logic i used was that the knee injuries would spread
Hold on, you think the only reason ACL's happens is because they spread from teammate to teammate? Like the only reason Keeffe did his ACL was because Luke ball did his and it spread to Keeffe?

Brown would have cost us about one 5th of our salary cap at the time if reports were to believed.

So you ask the question what would have happened?

For me I don't think we would have won any more flags with Brown, he had become almost kamikaze in his approach that he was beginning to get those impact injuries that would eventually end his career. 2009 we were that far off the pace (of Geelong and Saints) that one player wouldn't have won us the flag.

I just don't think he would have made that much difference, in fact it may have been a negative in that other players that we have re-signed since then may have left because we would have spent so much of our salary cap on one player.

Brown would have cost us about one 5th of our salary cap at the time if reports were to believed.

For me I don't think we would have won any more flags with Brown, he had become almost kamikaze in his approach that he was beginning to get those impact injuries that would eventually end his career. 2009 we were that far off the pace (of Geelong and Saints) that one player wouldn't have won us the flag.

I just don't think he would have made that much difference, in fact it may have been a negative in that other players that we have re-signed since then may have left because we would have spent so much of our salary cap on one player.

So you think we Dodged a Bullett?

What players wouldn't have re signed?

You may be correct Matty. I found it interesting that Brown spent an hour with Mick and whilst being impressed still decided not to sign. Perhaps that was part of the reason why Ed decided to on the sucession plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably would not of got Jolly and Ball

Okay so the addition of Brown wins us the premiership in 2009.

We develop a young and up an coming inside mid and Cameron Wood. 2011 and 2012 we win the premiership.

You may be correct Matty. I found it interesting that Brown spent an hour with Mick and whilst being impressed still decided not to sign. Perhaps that was part of the reason why Ed decided to on the sucession plan.
I don't think Brown ever really considered leaving Brisbane, comes across as someone who is intensely loyal and while the money dangled in front of him would have enticed him into the meeting, I doubt he was ever going to leave.

Cloke for one, and yeah that was after 2009 but he wouldn't be at Collingwood right now, I'd guarantee you that.

So how long would Cloke stay for?

I don't think Brown ever really considered leaving Brisbane, comes across as someone who is intensely loyal and while the money dangled in front of him would have enticed him into the meeting, I doubt he was ever going to leave.

We can only go on what he said, and that is he was very close to signing.

Okay so the addition of Brown wins us the premiership in 2009.

We develop a young and up an coming inside mid and Cameron Wood. 2011 and 2012 we win the premiership.

0SBuk.gif

rofling.gif

Maybe without Jolly holding him back his potential could have truly been unlocked. Beside, all a ruckman have to do is win some taps, take marks and maybe go forward and kick a goal. What else did Jolly do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back