Bumped If...

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe without Jolly holding him back his potential could have truly been unlocked. Beside, all a ruckman have to do is win tap, take marks and maybe go forward and kick a goal. What else did Jolly do?

Wood was more happier to Party and Chase Girls

Our Recruiting and Drafting would be very Different

I think we still would have taken Ball and Jolly. It is interesting that so many posters say they want the club to recruit a big name, and yet when we tried to, somehow it is good that we failed. Meanwhile Sydney recruit Buddy and we get their hand me downs.

I think we still would have taken Ball and Jolly. It is interesting that so many posters say they want the club to recruit a big name, and yet when we tried to, somehow it is good that we failed. Meanwhile Sydney recruit Buddy and we get their hand me downs.

How we would of Payed Ball and Jolly, IF Brown got a Ton of Money?

If Davis was kept over Maccaffer and Goldsack we would have won the premiership in 2012.
Ha.

If Davis was kept over either of those two in 2010 we'd probably still only have 1990 to hang our hats on.

Pull your head out of your arse muppet.

In which draft, the years confuse me.

Think it was 2008. Maybe they could of asked for 1 young tall out of Brown,Reid or Dawes was more Likely now I remember it was the 2008 when this was a Chance

If Jonathan Brown had signed for Collingwood in 2008 what would have happened over the next 5 years?

The if questions are always interesting.

What if Chris Judd chose Collingwood instead of Carlton? Would he have have then won another premiership?

What if Collingwood didn't trade Wellingham to West Coast? Would West Coast have picked Grundy or let him slip like everyone else did and have taken Kennedy or someone else instead?

But to answer your question if Brown came to Collingwood what would have been given up to make it happen is the first and most obvious question? If Josh Fraser and say Alan Didak could have been traded that might have worked and maybe Collingwood get another additional premiership from that than what we won. Lose Pendlebury and those first two picks (Sidebottom and Beams) and we almost certainly win no premierships.

Brown would have cost us about one 5th of our salary cap at the time if reports were to believed.

So you ask the question what would have happened?

For me I don't think we would have won any more flags with Brown, he had become almost kamikaze in his approach that he was beginning to get those impact injuries that would eventually end his career. 2009 we were that far off the pace (of Geelong and Saints) that one player wouldn't have won us the flag.

I just don't think he would have made that much difference, in fact it may have been a negative in that other players that we have re-signed since then may have left because we would have spent so much of our salary cap on one player.

His best years were behind him. Over valued......don't forget the game evolves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Knightmare" said:
What if Collingwood didn't trade Wellingham to West Coast? Would West Coast have picked Grundy or let him slip like everyone else did and have taken Kennedy or someone else instead?

I would almost be Certain that Eagles would of Passed on Grundy as they had Cox,Natanui and Lycett.

Who they picked I would not be sure on

I would almost be Certain that Eagles would of Passed on Grundy as they had Cox,Natanui and Lycett.

Who they picked I would not be sure on

I speculate the same and my guess is they would have pickd Kennedy. Though they did take Sinclair as a rookie so it's plausible they still may have taken him as they wanted yet another ruckman to add to their stocks.

His last 5 years have been fairly down. I doubt he would've improved us as a team. Dawes Brown Cloke L. Brown means maybe Leroy or Dawes don't play in a flag. Brown might not have helped us in to the 2010 gf. His season with Brisbane wasn't that great.

Yes it would have.

If Davis stayed at Collingwood, Krakouer wouldn't have done his knee because they are good mates and that would have affected space and time making sure Krakouer doesn't do his knee and Maccaffer wouldn't be on our list to so his knee injury wouldn't spread. That would made our ball use at both ends would be allot better. Because our ball use is allot better less ball would be delivered Keeffe in the backline so his knee wouldn't give way.

Now because Goldy wouldn't be on our list we would need another tall forward. We would try Wood but realize that he is too slow and eventually play Ceglar. Dawes wouldn't have had to second ruck so he would have had a much better season.

Because Davis is in the backline, Heritier Lumumba or O'Brien wouldn't have had to man up on the likes of Eddie Betts and wouldn't be a liability in the backline and he too would have had a much better season.

Since the knee injury disease didn't spread Luke Ball would have also been available to play. Luke Ball availability would make our midfield depth allot better and would allow more time for Daisy Thomas to heal his ankle so he could come back in in flying form.

Peter Yagmoor wouldn't have debut in round 1 and have a ridiculous expectation that he could replace Davis setting back his career by a couple of years, Instead he would have had a role model at the club and would have been introduce to AFL easier.

B: Alan Toovey, Nathan Brown, Nick Maxwell
HB: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw

M: Sharrod Wellingham, Luke Ball, Dale Thomas

HF: Alex Fasolo, Chris Dawes, Dayne Beams
F: Andrew Krakouer, Travis Cloke, Jonathan Ceglar

R: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan

I/C: Heritier O'Brien, Steele Sidebottom, Jarryd Blair, Alan Didak

That team could of won us premiership.
2011? Ceglar was boy who couldn't get a kick in the twos. Only just hanging in at Hawthorn due to injuries. No way Ceglar helps us get a flag.

Also Brown got injured. Reid got injured in the GF. Fact is we weren't good enough. Hawkins destroyed us.

Fraser and Didak gets traded for Brown. We trade pick 11 and pick 40 for pick 21 and Warnock. We pick David Zaharakis pick 21. We trade pick 30 (the one we would have used on Ball for Brett Peake. In 2010 we don't our pick for Jolly and pick up Lewis Jetta. Beams plays the Ball role and Zaharakis plays the Beams role. Lewis Jetta plays the Didak role. Warnock plays the Jolly role and Brown plays the Cloke role and Cloke plays the Dawes role. Peake plays the Sidebottom role.

In 2009 Brown doesn't peak because he is at a new club so he peaks in 2010 kicking 85 goals.

Our 2010 Premiership side would look like this.

HB: Heath Shaw, Ben Reid, Heritier O'Brien

M: Brett Peake, Dayne Beams, Dale Thomas

HF: Lewis Jetta, Travis Cloke, David Zaharakis
F: Leon Davis, Jonathon Brown, Leroy Brown

R: Robert Warnock, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan

I/C: Sharrod Wellingham, Paul Medhurst, Ben Johnson, Brent Maccaffer

Because Didak is not on the team room was left for Medhurst.

Leon Davis stays in 2012 and our next premiership side looks like this.

HB: Heath Shaw, Ben Reid, Leon Davis

M: Ben Johnson, Dayne Beams, Dale Thomas

HF: Lewis Jetta, Travis Cloke, David Zaharakis
F: Andrew Krakouer, Jonathon Brown, Jonathon Ceglar

R: Robert Warnock, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan

I/C: Sharrod Wellingham, Jarryd Blair, Heritier O'Brien
Sub: Alex Fasolo

2011? Ceglar was boy who couldn't get a kick in the twos. Only just hanging in at Hawthorn due to injuries. No way Ceglar helps us get a flag.

Also Brown got injured. Reid got injured in the GF. Fact is we weren't good enough. Hawkins destroyed us.

Brown is a meat head imbecile. Bad for club culture.
He can play but he's stupid. Hes a modern day Sam Newman.
He captained Brisbane from top to the bottom of the ladder.
They got worse every year of his captaincy, and he resigned it with a club culture in tatters.
Glad he did not come to the pies.
Same goes for Riewoldt, captained his team to the bottom of the ladder, ran a club with a poor culture and fittingly both these players will retire with wooden spoons.
Very over rated captains.
Pendles is a true captain.

Last edited:

I want a big name forward

Reason i was glad we did not take Brown is because he hated Collingwood and they really rubbed it in our faces when we lost those 2 flags he was a Brisbane man its different to say someone like Cameron or Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back