PS4 inFAMOUS: Second Son

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned earlier how this game will be to the inFamous series what GTA IV was to the GTA series.

The first game on the new system. It'll look good but wouldn't be an amazing game.
I agree, but it doesn't really make it okay. If this game was on PS3 it would still be disappointing; the issues I have aren't really grounded in next gen difficulties, they come mainly from sheer laziness and unoriginality. They utilised the PS4's new features well - light bar was cool, game looked brilliant, frame rate was great and didn't stutter, touchpad use was creative, improved SixAxis was utilised well...but then they dish up the same repetitive crap they did in the first game. They got spanked by players and reviewers alike for it in the first game, worked to improve it in the second, then went backwards. The story was equally disappointing. My issue is that a move from last gen to current gen shouldn't influence failings of story and variety of gameplay. It's not as if they tried new things and failed at it, many of the ideas were old and just as mediocre as they were the first time they tried them. The new aspects they tried mostly worked well but were overdone due to a sheer lack of more variety.

Next one will be better and this may end up inFamous' "GTA IV" but I don't think that comparison makes the game's failings okay imo. Not sure why they had to take such a backwards step.

I agree, but it doesn't really make it okay. If this game was on PS3 it would still be disappointing; the issues I have aren't really grounded in next gen difficulties, they come mainly from sheer laziness and unoriginality. They utilised the PS4's new features well - light bar was cool, game looked brilliant, frame rate was great and didn't stutter, touchpad use was creative, improved SixAxis was utilised well...but then they dish up the same repetitive crap they did in the first game. They got spanked by players and reviewers alike for it in the first game, worked to improve it in the second, then went backwards. The story was equally disappointing. My issue is that a move from last gen to current gen shouldn't influence failings of story and variety of gameplay. It's not as if they tried new things and failed at it, many of the ideas were old and just as mediocre as they were the first time they tried them. The new aspects they tried mostly worked well but were overdone due to a sheer lack of more variety.

Next one will be better and this may end up inFamous' "GTA IV" but I don't think that comparison makes the game's failings okay imo. Not sure why they had to take such a backwards step.

IMO they and most others are still figuring out what they can do on this console.

However I don't see how the repetitiveness will change at all. Where can they actually go with a game like this? It's not like they can add some pirate ships like AC.

I can't say I like Delsin though.

After playing the game I was bit surprised at all the negative comments about him in a lot of the reviews. I actually didn't mind the character.

After playing the game I was bit surprised at all the negative comments about him in a lot of the reviews. I actually didn't mind the character.

I'm the same; when I first started the game I was so prepared to hate the guy, but to my amazement I didn't find him bad at all. He just reminded me of a smart-arse kid.

started a 2nd run through last night, playing evil this time. Evil is sooo much more fun, a lot easier aswell.
I started my second run through over the weekend too, playing the evil side on expert. I couldnt decided if it was easier because i knew the controls better or it was easier to blow people away rather than shooting them in the leg !
Im half way through part 5 of the paper trail too, I think the concept of the paper trial is great but it gets annoying swapping between internet and game all the time.

I started my second run through over the weekend too, playing the evil side on expert. I couldnt decided if it was easier because i knew the controls better or it was easier to blow people away rather than shooting them in the leg !
Im half way through part 5 of the paper trail too, I think the concept of the paper trial is great but it gets annoying swapping between internet and game all the time.
I have not really tried the paper trail yet. I find it easier to get my evil points, esp. to get karma up to get special power

I have not really tried the paper trail yet. I find it easier to get my evil points, esp. to get karma up to get special power
Yes it feels easier to get the evil points up. It always seemed hard to get good karma to a high because if you just want to shoot everything quickly a civilian would end up getting hit as well.
I'm struggling to find the want to finish it a second time around the story does not feel different enough to go through it again...

Yes it feels easier to get the evil points up. It always seemed hard to get good karma to a high because if you just want to shoot everything quickly a civilian would end up getting hit as well.
I'm struggling to find the want to finish it a second time around the story does not feel different enough to go through it again...
Its pretty much exactly the same

except for the ending cutscene, but that's shit too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the same; when I first started the game I was so prepared to hate the guy, but to my amazement I didn't find him bad at all. He just reminded me of a smart-arse kid.

Yep, that was my take on it too.

I was sure that Delsin would grate on me but by the end I actually found him surprisingly likeable.

I'm glad they made a departure from the standard bad ass superhero character.

Finished it. So annoyed with the amount of "boss" missions to kill Augustine. Ruined it for me. **** u Sucker Punch

The one on the small island I thought was the last battle then it wasn't.

Yeah agree re: the boss fights, the length was one thing but when coupled with the repetitive actions required for most of them it made them serious chores eg. for the last fight; concrete run, hide behind pillar, get a few shots in, concrete run etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back