interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by dockerbabe

i did see the incident but the footage that was shown on the news wasnt the best that they could have shown and i am just saying what i seen

and so all the people that believed that freo went out to shed blood on that derby in 2000 also have the intelligence of a dried pea simply because clive made a joke

i just would have loved to have seen croad stay on a bit longer and to be matched up against primus that would have been quite an intersting game

Im sorry but I have to laugh!

Primus would have chewed up and spat out Croad like a dried pea.

Originally posted by Macca19

Showing your hypocritical side yet again are we young Sabre??

Dockers fans say the SAME thing about what Kickett did to Read...even youve said it before that Read deserved to have the crap kicked out of him. You feral pig sabre :rolleyes:

But of course...its ok for Dockers fans to say things like that :rolleyes:

Firstly Kickett gave as good as he got
Secondly Read wasnt stretchered off
Thirdy Ports thugs didnt cop half the suspension Kickett did.

Does that clear it up for you Macca:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sabre_ac

Firstly Kickett gave as good as he got
Secondly Read wasnt stretchered off
Thirdy Ports thugs didnt cop half the suspension Kickett did.

Does that clear it up for you Macca:rolleyes:

NOt at al actually.

Have you even seen the game yet??

First of all, Croad wasnt stretchered off (if youd seen the game you would of realised that)

Second of all...Barnaby French didnt throw 12 punches and hit 5 different players like Kickett did. He raised his arm recklessly in a crappy Croad shepherd.

That clear it up for you??

Originally posted by Macca19

NOt at al actually.

Have you even seen the game yet??

First of all, Croad wasnt stretchered off (if youd seen the game you would of realised that)

Second of all...Barnaby French didnt throw 12 punches and hit 5 different players like Kickett did. He raised his arm recklessly in a crappy Croad shepherd.

That clear it up for you??

Kickett was suspended and wasn't proud of what he did. Read got a couple of black eyes not two nights in hospital and a couple of CAT scans. French got two weeks and was lucky not to get more IMO.

Oh btw Scott. I'm not sure if you saw my last post. Since you came back again without apologising. **** off!

Originally posted by funky_monk

Kickett was suspended and wasn't proud of what he did. Read got a couple of black eyes not two nights in hospital and a couple of CAT scans. French got two weeks and was lucky not to get more IMO.

French was unlucky not to get less considering his impecible record, he has never been a dirty mongrel type player... same cannot be said for Croad "I am gonna bash heads" Croad, Jeff "Who was that?" (after a extremely fair bump as he kicked a goal) Farmer and Dale "Punch everyone in sight/never done anything" Kickett.

SKC

Originally posted by kaysee

French was unlucky not to get less considering his impecible record, he has never been a dirty mongrel type player... same cannot be said for Croad "I am gonna bash heads" Croad, Jeff "Who was that?" (after a extremely fair bump as he kicked a goal) Farmer and Dale "Punch everyone in sight/never done anything" Kickett.

SKC

croad was in hospital for two nights he doesnt even remember how he got to the game and if you are right about french's record then he got what he deserved two weeks is very fair

French was unlucky not to get less considering his impecible record, he has never been a dirty mongrel type player

He is now.

What if it happened to Tredrea. Don't try to defend the indefensible

What about the 2 games croad will have ended up missing.

2 weeks is rubbish should have been atleast 4.

Wiz got 3 weeks in the pre-season for primus being a giant handbagger. Primus wasn't even hurt, he was barely touched, the soft part on the inside of wiz's arm hit him.

Originally posted by Browny 3:16
What about the 2 games croad will have ended up missing.

2 weeks is rubbish should have been atleast 4.

Wiz got 3 weeks in the pre-season for primus being a giant handbagger. Primus wasn't even hurt, he was barely touched, the soft part on the inside of wiz's arm hit him.

So suspend to player more longer then the victim instead on the merits of the incident hey??? Good theory there... NOT ... if a player deliberately tripped another player who injured his knee and required a knee reconstruction so was out for 12 months, then by your theory the guilty player should also be suspended for 12 months???
What a joke.... why don't you have the rule that the instigator cannot resume playing until the victim returns from his injuries?

Wiz is a wuzz and a mongrel player ... he always was at the Ds and is at the Dockers.

SKC

The incident will show that French now does have a record for beating players heads in whether it was a first offence or not. You have a go at kickett for punching everyone in sight yet before that was he ever considered a dirty player?

Are your actually trying to justify a player putting another player in hospital by saying that they should not get a high sentance because there are more dirty players in the AFL? I mean the way you were writing that it almost seems like you think these freo players should be suspended just because they did something a few years ago. They've done stupid things and they've taken a few weeks off, why shouldn't French have the same fate for an equivilent act?

Dale "Punch everyone in sight/never done anything" Kickett.

SKC
You ignorant ****ing bastard.

Sure feel free to snipe away, at all and sundry if you will, but to make calls like that regarding one of the most couragous players going around, that he has 'never done anything' does nothing but make you look like the prat you have no doubt set out to be - it is intentional surely?

Since when has the players character, in your biased eyes, had jack to do with the result of a tribunal descion - if mother therasa pulled on the boots, then proceeded to hammer everyone in sight head high, would she get off for 'good character'?

Why am i even wasting my time, with one so ****ing clueless? Thats right, overtime.

Evening all.

Originally posted by funky_monk

Oh btw Scott. I'm not sure if you saw my last post. Since you came back again without apologising. **** off!

A little touchy aren't we???

My comment was taken completely out of context, as if anyone would wish for Croad to go to hospital.

I have nothing to apologise for and I will post here if I want to, so **** off yourself!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by kuepper

Sure feel free to snipe away, at all and sundry if you will, but to make calls like that regarding one of the most couragous players going around, that he has 'never done anything' does nothing but make you look like the prat you have no doubt set out to be - it is intentional surely?

Since when has the players character, in your biased eyes, had jack to do with the result of a tribunal descion - if mother therasa pulled on the boots, then proceeded to hammer everyone in sight head high, would she get off for 'good character'?

Why am i even wasting my time, with one so ****ing clueless? Thats right, overtime.

Evening all.

Welcome back - we've missed you. Hope it's going well over East.

your right i didn't make it up i heard it but there is no excuse for losing to one of the best sides in the comp and chris connelly said at the after match function that there was absolutely no excuse even if haselby and croad had played the full game it wouldn't have gained us over 10 goals it is as simple as we got beaten on the day by the better side

I get short of breath reading your posts :/ Please put a full stop somewhere...anywhere..PLEASE..just pick out a space and put one in there!

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Welcome back - we've missed you. Hope it's going well over East.
Thanks champ, much appreciated.

Other than the proliferation of thugby league, been having a great time - alot of work, but then again, a reasonable amount of play - been upto the Gabba to see a good effort from the lads, to the SCG from a not-so-good effort (but alot of Beer in the sunshine) and tomorrow trek down to Canberra and lets hope we can go one better.

Anyway, on site I go - try and keep these port ferals honest ladies and gentlemen - if you let them run loose, look what happens.

Originally posted by kuepper

Evening all.

You are obviously from overseas and haven't been following Australian Rules Football for very long so I can understand you confusion in the matter.

A tribunal (panels of people who pass judgments and hand down penalties for reported players) at any level of Australian Rules Football takes into account several factors when judging the reported player. One of these factors is clearly how long the player has been playing for and any past reported incidents (whether they were found guilty or not).

This is why if both Craig Bradley and Dermott Brereton got reported for exactly the same incident you would find Brereton would receive a more severe penalty because he has a far worse record throughout his playing career.

So now having enlightened you about that aspect of the tribunal process we can apply this to French's case. French has played for 4 years with absolute no prior reports and has a record of being a 'clean' player.
Did his elbow make contact with Croad's head, hence did he strike croad? Inconclusive (according to the actual tribunal)!
Was Croads Concusion and time spent in hospital caused by contact with French's elbow? Again Inconslusive!
Was the incident with Croad reckless?? Yes!
Did French deserve to be suspended? Yes!
Did French deserve 1 - 2 games suspention? Yes since is was deemed as being reckless and not a premeditated strike action, and taking his past record into account?
Did French deserve a 3-4 game suspention like so many posters here are crying out for? Absolutely NOT!!! especially because
it wasn't a premeditated strike... not like the Kickett incident in the Derby!

French got what he deserved by everyones viewpoint expect for a number of Fremantle supporters, so perhaps it is their vision that is rather biased.

BTW thanks for all those stars... they sure are pretty... who needs a telescope when you can just read one of your posts.

SKC

Originally posted by FreoDocker

The incident will show that French now does have a record for beating players heads in whether it was a first offence or not. You have a go at kickett for punching everyone in sight yet before that was he ever considered a dirty player?

Yep you're right he now does have a record and he must watch himself now over the coming years and the next time he is up I am certain that this report will and should be taken into account.
I was simply trying to point out that French hasn't been the type of player to attempt to go around and purposely try to strike players. His actions were reckless and careless but whether they were intentional or not is debateable.

I clearly stat that I think French deserved 1-2 games... the action was reckless contact that caused Croad to be consused (whether it was by actual contact with his elbow to the head or causing Croad to hit his head on the ground), it was not a premeditated wind up strike to the head which would have certainly deserved a 3-5 game suspension.

My gripe is that there are suggestions here by posters that he deserved 3-4 games or atleast 4 games... these people just have no idea, but hey they're entitled to their opinions... I am just glad they're not on the tribunal otherwise we might be lucky to have players on the ground.

Cheers
SKC

AAh, kaysee.... wannabee.

I hear your argument, but would refute it thus.

If Croad was James Hird post-op, do you think he would have only received two weeks?

Protect the head, consistency, and tribunal are tough to fit in the same sentence, (this one excepted).

In my opinion it was three weeks taking into account Barnaby's faultless record.

blockerhall, your comment is only valid if you think James Hird is the average circumstance.

To counter, I could say that if it happened to Libba, French might've only got one week.

For the average player that isn't protected by God on high, two weeks would be normal.

Originally posted by S.J Rollin
He deserved another week just for having the name Barnaby....

Parents can be so cruel!!!!

Spot on! Sounds like he should have his own detective series.

Originally posted by gretel_killeen

I get short of breath reading your posts :/ Please put a full stop somewhere...anywhere..PLEASE..just pick out a space and put one in there!

when i first joined bigfooty, what in 2000 i think it was i got **** for not having full stops not spelling correctly but to tell you the truth i don't care any more i cared back then but i don't care now i will write how i want to write and if people cant breath while reading it then they will just have to read it slowly.

especially because
it wasn't a premeditated strike... not like the Kickett incident in the Derby!

SKC

ok there is no proof that the kickett incident was premeditated except for a clive joke
and if people believe a joke like the afl did then they are pretty damn stupid
and why are we not bringing michael gardiner into it as much considering he tried to have a boxing match with a first year player before first bouncedown

Originally posted by dockerbabe

ok there is no proof that the kickett incident was premeditated except for a clive joke

There is no proof that the French incident was premeditated either, not even a joke, yet you seem to believe that. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Remove this Banner Ad

Back