International Rules - Australia v Ireland

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood sparked the revival. Is there anything this bloke can't do? What a legend.
With a cheap shot, in a meaningless series.
Woo
Character.

Well fifty pages of posts for a game no one gives two hoots about isn’t too bad. Long may it continue. Needs to be played every year to maintain momentum and must be a two match series minimum to gain momentum within the series (if that makes sense).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the black card, Selwood should be suspended automatically from the next international rules game, and I think its only fair, as the rules apply in the VFL, SANFL, NEAFL and WAFL that he shouldn't be able to play AFL until all match bans are served.
I think a 6 week AFL suspension to be served in the regular season should just about cover it, 1 week for the bump and 5 weeks for stinking it up.

Fyfe is a monster, the AFL forgot how good he is thanks to the new Danger and Dusty toys but he looks primed to destroy the AFL again.

One thing that's sad though is that compare Dusty Fyfe and Danger to the Voss Hird Buckley years and they are very different footballers.

The modern 3 are all powerful men who could have made a career as FFs in the 80s. Danger and Fyfe are brilliant above their heads while dusty relies more on moving his opponent for a mark. Dusty with the best kicking skills and the other 2 fairly average in the AFL world. All 3 probably up there for power to weight.

The other 3 weren't as powerful, all were tough as nails but weren't physically dominant compared to their peers. Hird was awesome above his head and the other 2 just average while Hird and Buckley were 2 of the most skillful in the game and Voss no slouch.

The best players in the game now need that extra bit of athletisicm to stand out in the highly contested game we have.

Haven't read all of the thread, but just checked in to say that I enjoyed that game.

Yes it is a hybrid game only played once every few years between 2 countries with really not that much at stake in terms of prestige. But I was entertained and choose to live in the present rather than s**t on everything on the basis of a few technical issues.

Enjoy it for what it is and move on.

On GT-I9507 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back