Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m might be on my own but I really don’t think leaving plates in bars or machines is that great a sin. On the floor just lying around sure, that’s s**t but on a bar, meh, I’m not upset by that.

Imagine you want to use one of the limited squat racks for some RDL's, rack-pulls, rows, etc.. the barbell, however, is set up with high safety-arms and loaded with two plates aside.. I don't know about you but F taking off 4 x 45's every time I want to use the squat rack.

Perhaps more pertinent, what if an elderly person wanted to use the rack? Or a teenager? Or someone who didn't want to begin squatting 100kg straight of the bat?

It's inconsiderate and disrespectful - we have etiquette on golf courses, walk/bike paths, roads and in society.. there has to be guidelines and consideration shown in the gym as well.

I’m might be on my own but I really don’t think leaving plates in bars or machines is that great a sin. On the floor just lying around sure, that’s s**t but on a bar, meh, I’m not upset by that.
it's a dick move and lazy

loading and unloading the bar is part of the workout, not unloading is cheating :)

I've helped a couple of old ladies at the gym unload stuff before because no way could they get the plates off and put away so that they could use the equipment safely at the level they needed to

I have a personal rule...but i wont remove other peoples weigts, if i go to a bar thay already has 20's on it...i will add my weights and when im finished i will remove the weights i put on there and leave the original plates that someone left on

Yeah there’s one particular insta “model” that I always reference as an example as she set up a second Instagram account and now also does voyeuristic photos on a paid patron account in addition to spruiking a couple of clothing brands.

Lol how does that work if she’s advertising for the direct competitor(s) of a company?

It’s one thing to be a person who’s at the top of the tree with 200,000 followers, but when you’re a nobody that gets 25-35 likes to a post and you become an “ambassador” for a brand no one has heard of before you’re kidding yourself

She trains at anytime fitness, they arent an official sponsor but think may have some free membership deal with them. And she is an ambassador for the local F45. The all co-exist peacefully haha.

I only have an issue with people leaving their weights on there as I don't know if they are coming back. My gym's got two bench setups and the other day both had some weights on them, no towels in sight though. Did another exercise and decided they weren't coming back so I moved their stuff on.

99.5% of online 'influencers' and Gary Vanerchuk (whatever his name is) acolytes are destined to be total nobodies forever. It's like the doors of d-grade reality TV have been thrown open to the masses and you don't even need to pass an audition. Definition of bottom feeders.

A mate of mine has recently fallen under the spell. I feel like slapping him extremely hard in the face. But he would only turn the other cheek the poor wee blessed campaignerie.

PS I've been in a temp gym for a while while the original location (just down the road, zero traffic light journey) was re-built and fitted out. It's done now and it is SWEET. Brand new equipment and weights wall-to-wall. The odd fancy thing here and there, nice lighting, a few things to work on (too cold and I'd like louder music but that's just me) but overall, pleased with the vibe. It's literally right next to the train station too.

I think the treadmills are a touch out though, giving fast readings by maybe 5%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the general consensus on asking a stranger for a spot if you are a lone gym goer?

Yeah go for it, as long as you ask them during one of their rest periods and not when they're trying to set a new PB.

I'll happily give a spot to someone who asks for it. Whether they need it or not is a different story - I've spotted blokes who say "i'll try and do 4 reps" and end up doing 6 comfortably, and also spotted blokes who try and do 4 reps but are struggling after 1.

Also allows you to have general chit-chat with the person, which makes going to the gym a bit more fun IMO

Another one for the "doesn't bother me but still weird" sub section of this thread.

My gym has an MMA/BJJ gym inside it and a bunch of those dudes will do a little workout after their session, but you cant wear shoes on the MMA mats so they just roll into the gym section in barefeet to do lifts etc. Now I don't care but
1- Its gross man, gym floors are filthy
2- They often walk back onto the mats after this which anyone who has been in a BJJ/MMA gym will tell you is just feral and leads to infections for the guys rolling on the mats

The scales at the gym are out of calibration, been like that for a few weeks and I'm still chucking a dumbbell on them to check it at the end of every few workouts. Seems to be about 2.5% lower, I keep bagging the morning PT out that it's a scam to give false results so members keep coming in.

went to another gym using my fit pass. towels seem optional. phones aren't though....glued to most folks hand.

an interesting observation, most of the folks who looked good / big didn't have a phone or kept it in their pocket/strapped to arm and used it as a music device.

the average *er was on it during 5 minute rest intervals.

The scales at the gym are out of calibration, been like that for a few weeks and I'm still chucking a dumbbell on them to check it at the end of every few workouts. Seems to be about 2.5% lower, I keep bagging the morning PT out that it's a scam to give false results so members keep coming in.

DO you hate scams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back