Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anyone cares but as an update.

14 days 7 emails, 2 phone calls and a very public Facebook post finally got the gym to liaise with their accounts team and I got an email with the generic “you missed the cooling off period and we don’t refund” line.

I’ve now spoken to consumer affairs and they’ve said the gyms contract is not only crap it actually doesn’t cover pandemics or remediation in the event of closure.

If I haven’t heard from the gym by Monday I’ll be lodging an application with Vcat.

please keep us informed, I want to know what happens. All the best.

I know they are delaying, stalling and avoiding in the hope ill just give up and im sure this works for them most of the time, but its pretty sh*t and prior to this i would have recommended my gym, good rates and good equipment, but now, ill trash them on every platform i can find.

Buy a casual visit pass, walk in, take a bench and a few dumbbells, walk out and call it even.

Very minor update, I emailed this morning noting that due to a lack of response i would be lodging with VCAT (following advice from CAV on Friday). They actually responded to this with a smartass email saying that my contract was 12 months with 3 months free (nowhere in the contract does it state that, literally just says 15 months paid in full) and that VCAT will not provide a civil ruling that would have the gym pay for the lodgement fees under any circumstances (again, wrong, both CAV and the VCAT website says they can do either or both things).

Anyway, that was last chance for them to actually offer me something and they doubled down with "transfer membership or continue on suspension" so VCAT lodgement will be tonight.

Ive been hitting my traps really hard over the last few months, I admit Tom Hardy was my inspiration.

Ive been getting looks. I feel like reacting to these looks.:think:

pGTJXq.gif

No my head is not that big, lol. I think the result will be the same as this fight.

ie Me thinking Im better than Tom and me in reality being the guy with the mohawk. :p

Man talking about smart ass emails... i remember booking at a day spa for a 1 hour massage + a pedicure. What i ended up with was a 45 minute massage + one of the shittiest pedicures ever.

Emailed them complaining- mainly about the 45 min massage, and i get back "we allow an amount of time for our clients to get changed". Like u wot mate.

Absolute disgrace they get away with that s**t. Obviously wasnt going to take it further, but i did ensure i sent an email back saying what absolute rubbish that was, i'd never be going back there, and i'd make sure i'd tell everyone i knew not to either.

I would be asking for for a 25% discount. Thats fcuked up.

Yup! I should have gone back and asked for $20 back. IIRC I paid $80.

The ******* cheek of em..

Anyway dm- they closed down a year or two later!!! It was in my local area too- they lost alot of business from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time ever, I almost threw up from at the gym.

I wish I could say it was because I went heavy at the deadlifts or pushing myself hard.

No, I got assaulted with the most powerful BO I thought I had encountered and I as you know I have encountered a few.

But FMD, this BO was powerful and relentless.

I literally almost asked the guy to leave. At what stage do you have to get to for someone asks a person to change/shower/use deodorant ???

Yup! I should have gone back and asked for $20 back. IIRC I paid $80.

The ******* cheek of em..

Anyway dm- they closed down a year or two later!!! It was in my local area too- they lost alot of business from me.

15 mins is ridiculous. So if you book a 30 min massage you get 15 min???

I think the respectable amount of time is 5 mins MAX.

For the first time ever, I almost threw up from at the gym.

I wish I could say it was because I went heavy at the deadlifts or pushing myself hard.

No, I got assaulted with the most powerful BO I thought I had encountered and I as you know I have encountered a few.

But FMD, this BO was powerful and relentless.

I literally almost asked the guy to leave. At what stage do you have to get to for someone asks a person to change/shower/use deodorant ???
i come here to post the opposite. There was a gentile and fragrant fragrance in the gym this week, the time i patroned the place. It was really pleasant and invigorating. Walked past cardio stuff and into the weights area to be confronted with no less than 3 female members, fit and seemed to be enjoying their separate workouts. Obviously use good, working deo. It was as if when they walked it left a trail of good scent.

Buy a casual visit pass, walk in, take a bench and a few dumbbells, walk out and call it even.
You laugh, but a couple of years ago somebody stole the (only) scales at my gym.
Of all the things to take, electronic scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back