Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

didn't bother to skip any workouts thinking the lockdown would be extended at least a week... not at the gym, obviously, but "street workout" style as I did all the way through the previous lockdowns... worth it anyway but sweaty AF in the 30+ weather.

The real kicker, is that I bet these guys view themselves as muscular and fit. I notice these guys have the shape body shape for years (probably most of their lives) under the delusion that they are "healthy" as they go to the gym several times a week. Not realising that their diet is more important than lifting heavy weight incorrectly.
Probably like a froth too

I do wonder if I was viewed in this light when I was still going :(
Glory be, it reminds me the other day, I went to increase my bench press by adding an extra kilo on each side.

I missed on these plates because a newbie decided to add 1 kilo to each side while doing the leg press. A machine where people deliberately show off and stack as many 20kgs plates on as possible, this newb decided to add 1kg weights to each side. While I applaud him for not ego lifting, I thought to myself adding an extra kilo to each side on a leg press is going to literally do sweet f**k all.
Lel

Don't think I have used a 5kg plate on a leg press since I was about 16

20s and 25s rule supreme (the odd 10 or 15 if needed)
IPF_World_Champion_Dean_Bowring_performing_the_three_Powerlifting_moves.jpg

that?
335-340kg? 6x25s a side that looks like

Solid
If you think it's a cake walk for everyone at 130kg bodyweight to get to a 200kg squat you're absolutely deluded
This

When I was going hard at around 120kg bw before my back issues 10 years ago I didn't go more than 160kg on the squat, was the heaviest I felt comfortable training in the cage with the pins on and all that, but I'd also leg press 350-400kg easy for extra volume. I probably had 2-2 1/2 solid years working my way up once I gave up footy (started squatting about 4 years before that)

Did pull about 210kg off the floor but, normally 180kg was my max weight for reps (2-3-4), that was the lift I was most comfortable with going heavy on at the time. Had I not had those injuries I felt I probably would've eventually doubled my bw for the deadlift, not sure on the squat.

Giving myself a few days off, I hate the timing though with this weather. Hot and humid gets a ripping sweat on, all about that drip during a workout

See id be the opposite to you. Id be giving myself a few days off BECAUSE of this heat.

In saying that..7am went for a nice 1 hour walk before the sun came up.

And later on will be hitting the pool.

See id be the opposite to you. Id be giving myself a few days off BECAUSE of this heat.

In saying that..7am went for a nice 1 hour walk before the sun came up.

And later on will be hitting the pool.

Yes!

unless the gym fans and a/c are on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably like a froth too

I do wonder if I was viewed in this light when I was still going :(

Lel

Don't think I have used a 5kg plate on a leg press since I was about 16

20s and 25s rule supreme (the odd 10 or 15 if needed)

335-340kg? 6x25s a side that looks like

Solid

This

When I was going hard at around 120kg bw before my back issues 10 years ago I didn't go more than 160kg on the squat, was the heaviest I felt comfortable training in the cage with the pins on and all that, but I'd also leg press 350-400kg easy for extra volume. I probably had 2-2 1/2 solid years working my way up once I gave up footy (started squatting about 4 years before that)

Did pull about 210kg off the floor but, normally 180kg was my max weight for reps (2-3-4), that was the lift I was most comfortable with going heavy on at the time. Had I not had those injuries I felt I probably would've eventually doubled my bw for the deadlift, not sure on the squat.

I feel ya mate.

When my weight got up to 95kg I took my 1RM squat from 135kg to 160kg and boy oh boy did I have to grind out every single one of those extra kilos. Spent a lot of time experimenting with different foot and bar positions to get it there.

I don’t have the 160kg lift on camera but here’s a vid of when I hit a 150kg PR. I’ve got skinny long legs which means I fold over a lot to get below parallel.

Lol does that even work?
For about half an hour if you go out straight after your pump. Chest and shoulder pumps are the best for tshirt filling imo, bicep pumps are overrated.

*I'm a sweater most of the year, so it's definitely a big no for me because I'm not a greasy stinky flog

**I hav trained many a time before going out, but I'll pick up a 4/6 pack of something on the way home, have a bite to eat have a shower (normally with a can in hand), then I'll head out

***Only once I went straight out to Summerdayze after a NYD chest session at Dohertys in Brunswick, just changed singlets and a spray of deodorant, think I wore a hat so wasn't too fussed with any facial perspiration that could've been an issue if I gelled the hair up. By the time I got to Myer Music Bowl my pump was nearly gone :( I was 21 and still on my Ps at the time, it wasn't a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back