Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Crossfit boxes are the exception (and totally excepted); there's something satisfying about completing a lift or complex and just dropping the barbell and watching it bounce.

Crossfit boxes are the exception (and totally excepted); there's something satisfying about completing a lift or complex and just dropping the barbell and watching it bounce.
My gym in Bondi (god I miss that gym) was a real old school iron paradise.

Rubber floors as far as the eye could see, old punching bags and just a musty old sweat smell in the floor, they loved heavy lifting and clanging the bars and dumbs around. There’s absolutely places for it.

My gym in Bondi (god I miss that gym) was a real old school iron paradise.

Rubber floors as far as the eye could see, old punching bags and just a musty old sweat smell in the floor, they loved heavy lifting and clanging the bars and dumbs around. There’s absolutely places for it.

I've just spent $5k on a home gym (totally worth it, right?), anyway, in my research I learned there are literally dozens of barbells, each for a different style of training or personal preference. Same for any piece of equipment!

i think i might have said this at some point in the past but but i SWEAT when i work out, like A LOT. i clean up after myself but yeah i think i am someone elses annoying gym person :$

Ditto. There is usually a pool of sweat left after I finish a workout.

I've just spent $5k on a home gym (totally worth it, right?), anyway, in my research I learned there are literally dozens of barbells, each for a different style of training or personal preference. Same for any piece of equipment!
Ive got a home gym set up too (although not 5k worth!) Collection of bits and pieces ive accumulated over the years and then a new bag and bench.

Nothing shits me in the gym anymore!

Ive got a home gym set up too (although not 5k worth!) Collection of bits and pieces ive accumulated over the years and then a new bag and bench.

Nothing shits me in the gym anymore!
My most peaceful workouts ever was actually training at home when we had our shutdown in SA.

While I prefer the gym, working out at home has a lot of positives.

Ditto. There is usually a pool of sweat left after I finish a workout.
Third that.

The old Bondi gym would get more humid than my panties mid HIIT and had only a real old school industrial fan.

If you didnt leave at least half a litre puddle on the floor in mid summer you werent putting in.

Third that.

The old Bondi gym would get more humid than my panties mid HIIT and had only a real old school industrial fan.

If you didnt leave at least half a litre puddle on the floor in mid summer you werent putting in.
I think that's generally the way society views things. If you don't sweat (noticably), you're not working out and cheating yourself

I think that's generally the way society views things. If you don't sweat (noticably), you're not working out and cheating yourself
Yeh, I’m all for a bit of mobility and flow on odd days here and there and even doing a 20 minute pump if I’m not feeling it but generally speaking I’m heart rate up and staying there

Yeah stay the hell away from me you disgusting sweaters.

Especially on the treadmills, where they are so close together sweat... could be... ugh I dont even wanna contemplate it.

HAPPY TRAINING TONIGHT YALL. Enjoy.

What I might do... cause im still paranoid af about getting sick. Im heading down the beach Sunday, so what I'll do is a super early terrific workout at like 7 or 8am Sunday morning before I go. Surely.. it wont be too busy at that time??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah stay the hell away from me you disgusting sweaters.

Especially on the treadmills, where they are so close together sweat... could be... ugh I dont even wanna contemplate it.

HAPPY TRAINING TONIGHT YALL. Enjoy.

What I might do... cause im still paranoid af about getting sick. Im heading down the beach Sunday, so what I'll do is a super early terrific workout at like 7 or 8am Sunday morning before I go. Surely.. it wont be too busy at that time??
Here in SA, most gym users had that level of paranoia about getting sick etc, initially everyone was meticulous with wiping down, social distancing etc etc.

After a few weeks gym users relaxed.

A workout at 7am on Sunday should be dead quiet, however being the first weekend gyms are reopening. Be prepared to see some other gym users.

Here in SA, most gym users had that level of paranoia about getting sick etc, initially everyone was meticulous with wiping down, social distancing etc etc.

After a few weeks gym users relaxed.

A workout at 7am on Sunday should be dead quiet, however being the first weekend gyms are reopening. Be prepared to see some other gym users.

Yeah tbh I'm just not that type of person to go rushing when things reopen. (Am going to avoid the retail shops like the plague as well for a while). My gym is on the way to the freeway, on the way to my beach house. So if there's a tonne of cars outside the place, I can just keep on driving no worries.

There's also a gym about 15 mins from where I'll be staying the next week, so idm paying for a workout or two at that place, just to get "started".
Will also be exercising like hell at the beach- go on long walks + will be swimming Mon + Tues. :thumbsupv1:

Loved being back in the gym... to the title of the thread, though; lost my fob so had to buy a new one... now their online system that has my fob and my vax cert doesn't match up, so had to wait for their system to sort it out before they'd let me workout... but still loved the time in the gym and the DOMS today

Loved being back in the gym... to the title of the thread, though; lost my fob so had to buy a new one... now their online system that has my fob and my vax cert doesn't match up, so had to wait for their system to sort it out before they'd let me workout... but still loved the time in the gym and the DOMS today

I hate that bs where they dont let you workout unless "admin issues" are sorted out.

Never happened to me, but Ive always asked very politely if I can start my workout and well check in at the end of my workout about the issues being sorted. Mind you its very rare, maybe once or twice a year, but I hate waiting around doing nothing when Im ready to hit the weights.

yeah, I wasn't too fussed, just happy to be there haha... the price of the FOB replacement, though... fair dinkum, they cost less than $1 to produce... I'd love to clone the shitty fobs into something better/hardier.

yeah, I wasn't too fussed, just happy to be there haha... the price of the FOB replacement, though... fair dinkum, they cost less than $1 to produce... I'd love to clone the shitty fobs into something better/hardier.

I remember I lost my keyring member tag back in the olden days and they wanted $15 for a replacement. The front desk flog made a big song and dance about having to order new ones in. God knows how much they cost now.

I told them they either give me a replacement free of charge or I cancel my membership and they will have to refund the 6 months I had left. They miraculously found a spare one under the desk, and promptly handed it over at no cost to me, thank you very much..

15 bucks for a shitty little keyring, the nerve of 'em! They are damn lucky I wasn't running tren back in those days.

I went at around 8pm last night and there were only a handful of people there, so you could get any equipment you wanted without waiting around for anyone and didn’t have to cross paths with anyone. It was good because there is a bit of anxiety there for me with the number of cases in Melbourne each day ATM.

I always go first day back after lockdowns and it’s always quiet the first few days - people who have friends (not me) tend to catch up with them, visit shops they haven’t been able to go to, dine out, get drunk at bars...etc ahead of getting back into workouts. These people tend to return Monday evening (universal chest day) judging by the last few lockdowns, so I would avoid that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back