Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

BOOOOOOOO!

Be more of an arsehole please.
I'm a massive arsehole, its just a big place and I've not been there when its super busy so no issues so far.

Haven't noticed a PT or group session hogging s**t either

give it time and I'll be like my preferred squat rack was being used and I had to use one of the other five empty ones

The obsession with techno and the water fountains not having the drink bottle tap are my only issues so far.

Did see a loaded bar left in a squat rack but there were plenty of others free

Did you unload it or just leave it for The Next Guy?
Left it, I was halfway through my sets when I even noticed as it wasn't the first free rack, was the one next to me.
Plus there was waaaay more weight on that bar than the one I was using and I'm only just getting back into doing stuff, I'm cooked enough from doing my own workout and loading and unloading my own weights currently

Having to perfect that blank expression where you're looking forward whilst doing cable chest flyes, but don't appear to be focused on anything in particular. All the while and directly ahead, is a very pretty lady wearing tights that show EVERYTHING

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about water fountains that aren't cold enough- or even room temp. Screw that s**t.
The one at the pool used to get turned off occasionally after someone complained about a 'shock', not what you need when it's around 40 degrees.

Finally after about 4 years and every electrician in town having looked at it they finally realised it would be just easier to buy a new one with a drinking attachment for $1300...

Having to perfect that blank expression where you're looking forward whilst doing cable chest flyes, but don't appear to be focused on anything in particular. All the while and directly ahead, is a very pretty lady wearing tights that show EVERYTHING

Guys that flat out stare at you when you are working out or wear too much cologne
Were you two in the same gym or something :p

On the topic of this thread, on a de-load week... makes me look about half as strong as I actually am haha (vain AF, I know...)... I'm equally sure nobody pays me any attention either, so all good :)

Was working out today using the back machine going heavy and midway through my set, a PT who had two options to fit through a small gap to get to the other side or walk around, which is basically the same distance.

Of course her fat arse couldnt fit through the small gap (when the machine is being used) and she "gently brushed" the machine while I was pulling, the distraction caused a slight jarring in my elbow, when she made contact with it.

Sometimes, stupid things happen in the gym, not that I have ever done it, but Ive come close so I can appreciate it happening. A simple sorry would have been suffice and more than enough as should be the gym etiquette, she said or did nothing, I gave her a dirty look and continued my workout.

Forgetting my drink bottle

I have a system in place so that those kind of things doesnt ever happen to me.

Thats not to say I dont forget things, from time to time, like headphones, watch, water, jacket, towel.

Gloves. :$

But I always do another check before driving off and have not ever been to the gym in years where it has happened.

Tiptoeing back to "A/C or no A/C in the gym"

Or fan v no fan.

I turn on the AC now when I arrive at the gym before the PT's. :$

I would rather them off, however I would rather them on for the entire of my workout, then put on half way through it.:think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back