Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't plan my degenerate time. If there's a morning tea, pub lunch, big weekend etc I go for it.

There's a morning tea full of cakes/muffins/etc literally every single day at my work.

It took a while but I've developed an iron will towards abstaining completely from any of it now.

I eat any leftover fruit once I've had lunch, but the rest of it can go in the bin no matter how much the kitchen ladies try to palm it off to me.

Some fat guy in his 50s told a young bloke to stop doing db lateral raises too much to the side or it will stuff his shoulders and walked off. He then overcompensates and does it so it's almost half a front raise.
He was in there today talking the ear off a young bloke that is one of the very, very few people around in legit impressive shape and trains properly. With headphones I couldn't hear what he was saying but I hope it wasnt dishing out advice..

He was in there today talking the ear off a young bloke that is one of the very, very few people around in legit impressive shape and trains properly. With headphones I couldn't hear what he was saying but I hope it wasnt dishing out advice..

Yeah I really don't give advice too much in the gym unless it's something fairly basic and I'm positive it's correct (keep your hands up, punch from the chin and straight back etc etc), you don't want to be the guy like the one you mentioned.

I wouldnt give advice unless specifically asked.

Im not qualified and what works for me may not work for others.

Even if I was qualified unless they're actively going to injure themselves I'd probably stay out of it unless asked.

I see people swimming poorly all the time but they're not going to hurt themselves doing it so I let it be.

I struggle to even give advice to people who look like they could hurt themselves. Got to weigh up whether the awkward conversation is more painful than the potential injury.

Can't imagine picking someone up on not doing something to whatever I think is optimal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My feet, achilles, and calves are f*cked. If someone nosey saw me doing lunges or squats they'd either applaud me for the bravery of trying to get out of my wheelchair or rush and help assuming I'm going to die, but it works for me. I just try and stay out of people's way and ideally around a corner if I'm doing that haha

I can't imagine offering unasked for advice. People do what works for them I assume. Me using a machine at my height is going to look wildly different to a 5 foot 4 lady doing it anyway. Who are people to jump in?! Weird

Even if I was qualified unless they're actively going to injure themselves I'd probably stay out of it unless asked.

I see people swimming poorly all the time but they're not going to hurt themselves doing it so I let it be.
Only time I've thought about it was with someone swimming breastroke all the time, she had no timing mainly. Could probably fix it in 10 minutes and it would go from something that barely resembles proper BR really to being pretty good. I do this for work but even though you would just be trying to do somone a generous favour it's way too risky that you would look like a tool.

Only time I've thought about it was with someone swimming breastroke all the time, she had no timing mainly. Could probably fix it in 10 minutes and it would go from something that barely resembles proper BR really to being pretty good. I do this for work but even though you would just be trying to do somone a generous favour it's way too risky that you would look like a tool.

I justify it by thinking that if they were more efficient they wouldn't be working as hard so would get less of a workout

I should add that I train in a group setting, so we often give each other advice etc. Agreed it would be a bit weird if you were doing solo weight training or something.
Yeh i gotta admit MMA/Boxing etc, you do alot in pairs etc and are supposed to point out technique issues and provide feedback, that is different

My current training is all about maximizing time efficiency.

So its all circuits, free weight work, keeping HR up. 5-7 minute circuit, 4-6 sets depending on the time ive got.

Its probably the most functionally fit ive ever been tbh.

If i have longer it extend the circuit with more stations or whatever.

When you have to tweak stuff if you have some knowledge its easy to do.

Ive said it before but ive had colleagues and friends ask for my workouts and ive sent them, theyre ALL shocked by how simple (even boring) and short they are.

I've put on some fat across the stomach that i guess I'll have to look at dieting off at a later date.

For the moment to just stall it from increasing I've cut back on eating a bit, no junk, only eat when actually hungry and more slowly.
What I don't get here is that despite this drawback over the last few months I'm definitely bigger and better through the arms in particular yet have somehow dropped around 2kg weight on the scale, like wtf.

The fat is 95% in only this one spot though, with maybe just a tiny bit on the chest.

What I don't get here is that despite this drawback over the last few months I'm definitely bigger and better through the arms in particular yet have somehow dropped around 2kg weight on the scale, like wtf.

The fat is 95% in only this one spot though, with maybe just a tiny bit on the chest.
I had a little procedure last week which meant a week off exercise.

I put on about 3kgs in a week but looking at myself in the mirror it looks absolutely assured it’s muscle and not fat. My abs and shoulders are visibly more defined.

I usually get a little swole with a rest (muscle growth in the rest phase) but to look leaner in a rest phase AND easter is bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back