Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on track about people/things that may have already been discussed:

blokes who carry their massive bags around the gym so it then becomes a nuisance in passageways and around other equipment. When you get 5 or 6 guys at the same time doing it, the joint really becomes cluttered. take what you need for the session, dump the bag in the locker.

on the flipside, folks who walk into and around the gym with a towel around their neck. I don't know, it's normally average looking bloke who thinks they know it all, but knows shit. The look just irks me. Carry the ****ing towel in your hand like a normal person.

I got that off my chest, I can now get on with my day. :cool:

on the flipside, folks who walk into and around the gym with a towel around their neck. I don't know, it's normally average looking bloke who thinks they know it all, but knows s*t. The look just irks me. Carry the ****** towel in your hand like a normal person.
I do that in summer a bit, it's just stopping a main sweat point at its source.

Although it's probably more when sitting using a machine like a leg press.

on the flipside, folks who walk into and around the gym with a towel around their neck. I don't know, it's normally average looking bloke who thinks they know it all, but knows s*t. The look just irks me. Carry the ****** towel in your hand like a normal person.
Irritated by someone putting a towel around their neck? Joises. Slight roid rage vibes with this one lol.

Bugger, I get there at 610am
Excuse Me Focus GIF by Cameo

I got that off my chest, I can now get on with my day. :cool:
I got gym shorts with a little loop for my towel, so it sort of looks like it hangs out of my rear pocket.

Swear by them TBH
A 30 minute walk... I'm not adding an hour to my morning routine when I have to be out of the house by 7.30 to get to work.
Whats the distance, make it a jog. My fave ever gym in Sydney was about 2.5 kms, run there and run home was 10-12 minutes depending on lights, got the HR up before a sesh and was a cool down on the way home.

Class starts at 6 for me, i arrive at 5:58 to wrap my hands and get the gloves on.

The tradies down the gym get there at 5, punch the s**t out of each other and then go for a full day on site, tough campaigners ha ha
I play soccer and basketball, non contact sports, and work in an office yet still sore regularly! Not sure how people with tough jobs still play footy or boxing etc. Mental cases

I play soccer and basketball, non contact sports, and work in an office yet still sore regularly! Not sure how people with tough jobs still play footy or boxing etc. Mental cases

They get used to it I suppose. I mean boxing is dangerous and all but not as prone to joint and limb injuries like footy is. I could break a leg and still do my job, a tradie would be ****ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. When you wrote 4 min drive, it sounded like it was down the road.

It's just in the next suburb over... google says 5min drive but 33min walk.

Whats the distance, make it a jog. My fave ever gym in Sydney was about 2.5 kms, run there and run home was 10-12 minutes depending on lights, got the HR up before a sesh and was a cool down on the way home.

3.2kms, but I do my running after work. And I never run on consecutive days to give my old joints plenty of recovery.

I can leap out of bed excited for gym in the morning... running not so much :tearsofjoy:. I need to be a bit more awake and motivated for that. Plus I have my gym bag with my belt, squat shoes, straps, micro plates etc.

Might change my mind but I think I'm finally done with running, too old.

In fact have done bugger all cardio since the pool closed a couple of months ago.
I would be suprised if I ever run more than 5kms again, the double Achilles has absolutely ****ed my impact absorption.

Still riding, boxing, skipping, rowing etc. though. Quite enjoy getting the heart rate up

Might change my mind but I think I'm finally done with running, too old.

In fact have done bugger all cardio since the pool closed a couple of months ago.
I don't run at CrossFit anymore. Always jump on the assault bike or rower if the workout involves running.

I had a week off recently and even 2 weeks back into lifting I've still lost so much strength on some lifts, it's really weird. Bench is easily the worst it's like I've lost 15%. Like what I could do previously with 25kg db's I can barely do with 20s now.

The program was getting stale anyway, might just re do it all. And kind of start from scratch with lower weight with an empahasis on form and build it all back up.

I can leap out of bed excited for gym in the morning... running not so much :tearsofjoy:.
I used to actually not mind it in the depths of winter as the sun was rising. Would warm you up nicely for the day.

One morning it was so cold when I went to get water from the hose and it was frozen solid :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back