Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

PT takes a jumper off, ditto client. Where do you think he put them?

If you guessed "right in front of the dumbbell rack during the lunch rush hour", you win 10 points.

PT takes a jumper off, ditto client. Where do you think he put them?

If you guessed "right in front of the dumbbell rack during the lunch rush hour", you win 10 points.
See I think they shouldn’t have the designated jumper storage point in front of the dumbbell rack personally.

Might change my mind but I think I'm finally done with running, too old.

In fact have done bugger all cardio since the pool closed a couple of months ago.
Goggined up and went for a 1.5km run.

Even if I do that only 2 times a week it's a lot better than nothing which really is not good for your general health and maybe not even lifting.

I’m posting here because I’m not looking for a solution so feel free bit to bombard me with fixes, I won’t use them.

Returning to running I cannot seem to keep my hr down under load. I can slow to 6min/kms. 6.30, 7 and my HR will still inevitably creep up to 170-180.

Really, really pissing me off

I’m posting here because I’m not looking for a solution so feel free bit to bombard me with fixes, I won’t use them.

Returning to running I cannot seem to keep my hr down under load. I can slow to 6min/kms. 6.30, 7 and my HR will still inevitably creep up to 170-180.

I've got a mate with the same issue. Doesn't matter how slow he goes, his heart rate will always end really high. Zone 2 runs are impossible for him. I'll go on a run with him, he doesn't appear to be exerting himself greatly but his HR will end up close to 190. He once posted a 10km Strava run with an average HR of 193, which is insane to me.

What I mean to say, is that you're far from the only one and could just be physiological. Did you measure your HR before the two Achillies/is this something that has changed?

I've got a mate with the same issue. Doesn't matter how slow he goes, his heart rate will always end really high. Zone 2 runs are impossible for him. I'll go on a run with him, he doesn't appear to be exerting himself greatly but his HR will end up close to 190. He once posted a 10km Strava run with an average HR of 193, which is insane to me.

What I mean to say, is that you're far from the only one and could just be physiological. Did you measure your HR before the two Achillies/is this something that has changed?
I’ve generally had a higher at work HR (my resting is pretty low) but it’s certainly increased since the Achilles.

A bit like your mate I can generally sustain it for far longer than woukd be expected

Lot of dudes having a swing at the bag tonight, was there a big fight on over the weekend or something?

I'm guilty of trying to practice fight finishing combos on the bags on a Monday morning ha ha, was trying to practice Canelo's uppercut he landed on Mungaia the day after that fight. It's fun and keeps me interested.

I had this issue as well, during a 5km run, my heart rate wouldn’t drop below 170, even topping 190 for a lot of it which shouldn’t be possible if you go by the adage that max heart rate should be 220-age. I didn’t even know it, but I had a deviated septum that restricted the air that I could breathe in to about 50% of what it should be. Apparently it’s not uncommon.

220 - minus is fairly crude, can do a max HR test to see what yours actually is if you care to do so, maybe you are in a good range for you.

Could also be sick, run down, or less (aerobically) fit than you think. Especially if you've gained muscle since you used to run regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do a thing called the "Thunderstruck Challenge" at our gym, basically they play the song and you run on the spot and every time he says "THUNDER" you have to do a burpee, it's ****ed.

Anyway the new plan today was to do the challenge but we had to be holding our choice of dumb bells (5kg or larger) or a medicine ball! **** me it was hell, this annoys me!

We do a thing called the "Thunderstruck Challenge" at our gym, basically they play the song and you run on the spot and every time he says "THUNDER" you have to do a burpee, it's ****ed.

Anyway the new plan today was to do the challenge but we had to be holding our choice of dumb bells (5kg or larger) or a medicine ball! **** me it was hell, this annoys me!
Sounds like the challenge with the Moby song Flower, used to do that at footy and boxing a bit, it was brutal.

Dude this morning training in jeans. You have to be a psycho to choose jeans while exercising. Trackies, shorts, jeez even suit pants would be better!
I couldnt even train in trackies tbh, shorts only.

Jeans is ****ing insane.

Incline leg press?

b865f8ff32426c05d2344d103d37785e.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back