Jan 31, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Irvine out, Webber in at Jaguar

from Sportal.com.au

The Jaguar Formula One team has released both its 2002 drivers, Eddie Irvine and Pedro de la Rosa, and will replace them with Australia's Mark Webber and Brazilian Antonio Pizzonia, according to British tabloid the Sun.
Jaguar has so far refused to comment on the reports.

Irvine, whose contract with Jaguar expires at the end of the year, was expected to stay on after a number of impressive performances, including a podium finish in Italy, towards the end of the season.

De la Rosa still had one year left on his contract at Jaguar.

Pizzonia is currently the Williams test driver.

Webber has long been linked with a closed-season move from Minardi to Jaguar after his stunning debut season with the struggling F1 team.

-----------

That's very good news for Mark, he's going to be able to show what a good driver he is in a half-decent car. But its bad news for my favourite F1 driver Eddie Irvine, he's just been on a downhill spiral since coming second to Hakkinen a couple of years back. I heard he might be going to Cart next season.

Originally posted by mongrelpunt
Irvine out, Webber in at Jaguar

from Sportal.com.au

The Jaguar Formula One team has released both its 2002 drivers, Eddie Irvine and Pedro de la Rosa, and will replace them with Australia's Mark Webber and Brazilian Antonio Pizzonia, according to British tabloid the Sun.
Jaguar has so far refused to comment on the reports.

Irvine, whose contract with Jaguar expires at the end of the year, was expected to stay on after a number of impressive performances, including a podium finish in Italy, towards the end of the season.

De la Rosa still had one year left on his contract at Jaguar.

Pizzonia is currently the Williams test driver.

Webber has long been linked with a closed-season move from Minardi to Jaguar after his stunning debut season with the struggling F1 team.

-----------

That's very good news for Mark, he's going to be able to show what a good driver he is in a half-decent car. But its bad news for my favourite F1 driver Eddie Irvine, he's just been on a downhill spiral since coming second to Hakkinen a couple of years back. I heard he might be going to Cart next season.

bet me 2 it

im rapt that mark's going to jag - he deserves this ride

And all the Aussies Minardi 'fans' will now dump that lot quicker than a hot potato and Jaguar will have a legion of new Aussie 'fans' :D

But going from Minardi to Jaguar is only like going from a Lada to a Skoda, still a dog of a car

As a Jaguar fan and an Aussie, I'm happy as hell with this new partnership. I've been telling a mate at school it would happen all year, but he wouldn't believe me!

I was an old Stewart fan before the transformation into Jag, so no question of where my loyalties lie.

Kind of sad to see the charasmatic Eddie to go, but he is old, and it's been a long season. Hopefully Jag can actually finish races, and then maybe we can think about reguarly getting points. We've been on a downward spiral for a few years now.

The Hitman

P.S. Maybe this will lead to some half decent TV coverage from channel nine. Doubt it, but we can only hope.

Originally posted by The Hitman
P.S. Maybe this will lead to some half decent TV coverage from channel nine. Doubt it, but we can only hope.

Dountful - as from all reports Channel 10 are taking over the coverage next year, hopefully it will be much better.

With the new qualifying format we should get to see some more of it as well.

Well done to Mark - the Jaguar is a dud still, and it won't change overnight, but it will still be competative on 2-4 circuits a year, and with a bit of luck Webber could pick up 15 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back