Play Nice Is Gil really this much of a fool? Jobe's Brownlow and the commission's "hard" decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done Jobe. Now waiting for AFL to mark Mitchell and Cotchin's essays "Why I should be awarded the Brownlow."
That's actually the tie breaker!

"One of the most frustrating elements of this entire process has been my belief that many of the decisions in this matter have been based on perception rather than evidence."

Jobe still doesn't understand his responsibilities under the WADA code.

Players who would have won Brownlow votes didn't because they were awarded to Watson. The same goes for every game Essendon played in (as none of them should have played). How can we say that Mitchell/Cotchin would still have won it? The medal is tainted.
its really no different if he had been suspended. the brownlow is always slightly tainted if the first past the post winner is ineligible so in keeping with traditional values cotch and mitch should be acknowledged as the joint winners of the 2012 brownlow.

I'm thinking now this ends the entire saga. Essendon players are back from suspension and are now training at the club, Jobe's handed back his Brownlow. There's nothing more left. 100s' of 1000s of posts over close to 4 years since the initial press conference.

All done and dusted! On with the footy!!!

not really finished though is it? the compensation claims each player has/or will lodge need to be finalised.

His statement basically states that he still thinks he is innocent and did nothing wrong.

which is why i give him no kudos at all. he has been a complete disgrace since day one. as club leader would have resisted the program or at the very least advised his players to honestly complete there asda declarations. its this lack of insight from one of the supposedly great leaders that makes me wonder how deep his involvement was.

lets just hope he has an epiphany and guilt makes him retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back