USA Is the USA the worst nation to exist since classical times?

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn’t have to be though, it would help if all 3 were on more level pegging actually.

I don’t consider the US more moral than the other 2 when it comes to foreign policy.
Russia is a dying nation, EU, India, a post Xi China and (Trump in jail) US having equal influence would be a much better world

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It doesn’t have to be though, it would help if all 3 were on more level pegging actually.

I don’t consider the US more moral than the other 2 when it comes to foreign policy.
Well one is still a liberal democracy, and two are authoritarian dictatorships.

I wouldn't like the latter to be the global cops in the interests of liberal democracies, coz they're not interested in liberal or democratic values.

Russia is a dying nation, EU, India, a post Xi China and (Trump in jail) US having equal influence would be a much better world

So we've just gotta wait for russia to die off and xi to fall off the perch, could be a long wait.

Oh and hope and pray that don doesn't win office.

Wow. Im stunned that people would think this. Have you been reading the news in the past couple of years regarding ukraine and hong kong?

I’ve also read the news regarding Israel, Yemen, and well the Middle East in general.

The US are on the right side of the conflict in Ukraine, but pretending it’s for any moral crusade is absurd.

None of this is to say that Russia or China are more moral than the US, they are clearly worse on personal freedoms in their own countries than the US, but foreign policy, all just look out for themselves.

Last edited:
US also support plenty of dictators.
This is not news, but they do it for self interest reasons, not ideological ones, and they're not the only ones, one could speculate that many if not all liberal democracies do support dictators for self interest.

Not the point though is it. If you want a real threat to liberal democracy then having xi and vlad as the global cops is the way to go about it.

Regardless of what and how bad you think of the US, it's still a liberal democracy and will remain that way unless don gets in. Would rather them than the alternative.

So we've just gotta wait for russia to die off and xi to fall off the perch, could be a long wait.

Oh and hope and pray that don doesn't win office.
Xi is leading China off a cliff and has only survived so far with increasing authoritarianism and claiming the successes from his predecessors reforms. Unfortunately he will probably launch an unprovoked attack on peaceful Taiwan killing millions of civilians to distract from his ever growing list of failures.

If the West keeps supporting Ukraine and tightens restrictions further, Putin and Russia will fall as well.

Xi is leading China off a cliff and has only survived so far with increasing authoritarianism and claiming the successes from his predecessors reforms. Unfortunately he will probably launch an unprovoked attack on peaceful Taiwan killing millions of civilians to distract from his ever growing list of failures.

If the West keeps supporting Ukraine and tightens restrictions further, Putin and Russia will fall as well.

Yep, just a question of when.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not news, but they do it for self interest reasons, not ideological ones, and they're not the only ones, one could speculate that many if not all liberal democracies do support dictators for self interest.

Not the point though is it. If you want a real threat to liberal democracy then having xi and vlad as the global cops is the way to go about it.

Regardless of what and how bad you think of the US, it's still a liberal democracy and will remain that way unless don gets in. Would rather them than the alternative.

As I am saying Russia and China being more powerful than the US and running things now they see fit definitely doesn’t enthuse me.

The self interest part in terms of supporting dictators, I think we are in agreement here, it’s out of self interest and not ideology. Thing is the US claim that supporting Ukraine is some sort of moral crusade, which is total BS (even though I do agree with them supporting Ukraine)

As I am saying Russia and China being more powerful than the US and running things now they see fit definitely doesn’t enthuse me.

The self interest part in terms of supporting dictators, I think we are in agreement here, it’s out of self interest and not ideology. Thing is the US claim that supporting Ukraine is some sort of moral crusade, which is total BS (even though I do agree with them supporting Ukraine)
Who cares, I'll redirect you to your post 381

Regardless of the US being disingenuous from a moral viewpoint isn't really what's important.

If you like liberal democracy you don't want two oppressive dictators to be global cops, thought that would be pretty evident.

There's a growing strain of geopolitical thought that suggests the moment to invade Taiwan has already passed due to the change in China's demographics reducing the viable population required to make such an invasion - one which would risk war with America - successful.

And with no guarantee of success, Xi will not move.

Remains to be seen. Russia has too much economic strength and their veto means they'll always have power in world affairs, Putin or no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back