Opinion Is there such a thing as too much?

Remove this Banner Ad

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Hullo all, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

In the off season, with no live footy to watch and twiddling my thumbs until the Women's season starts, I was genuinely wondering if there is such a thing as

displaying/having too much Lions stuff?

If I was to go solely on my own opinion I would give an emphatic NO. I LOVE buying Club stuff (both official and unofficial). In fact it is an obsession. My car is

covered in Lions stickers, my wardrobe has really not much else bar Lions themed clothing, my Lions odds and ends take up a lot of space.....and I still want more!

If I was a bajillionaire I would spend most of my moolah on the Club. I guess I'm speaking to the converted here but is there such a thing as too much Club love??

In the off season, with no live footy to watch and twiddling my thumbs until the Women's season starts, I was genuinely wondering if there is such a thing as

If I was to go solely on my own opinion I would give an emphatic NO. I LOVE buying Club stuff (both official and unofficial). In fact it is an obsession. My car is

covered in Lions stickers, my wardrobe has really not much else bar Lions themed clothing, my Lions odds and ends take up a lot of space.....and I still want more!

If I was a bajillionaire I would spend most of my moolah on the Club. I guess I'm speaking to the converted here but is there such a thing as too much Club love??
If I was a Bajillionaire???
The Club would have had new Facilities long before now!

If I was a Bajillionaire???
The Club would have had new Facilities long before now!

If I was a bajillionaire I'd buy the gabba and keep Kevin Mitchell on as groundsman and when the women earn the right to play at the Gabba for their GF I'd threaten to sack him if he said no.......still a bit salty 'bout that....

I suppose you can have too much Merchandise. I’ve got the standard jumper, a range of membership caps, Fitzroy and Brisbane Lions scarves and that’s about it. I tend to keep things like game tickets, football records and old membership tickets. F06919B4-E108-4A86-8318-C2D49EA7F375.jpeg

I suppose you can have too much Merchandise. I’ve got the standard jumper, a range of membership caps, Fitzroy and Brisbane Lions scarves and that’s about it. I tend to keep things like game tickets, football records and old membership tickets. View attachment 800215

$40 for a membership? Bring back those days!.....I also keep little things like membership cards, lanyards, AFL records for certain games, m'ship caps,

anything and everything. If it's maroon, blue, and gold, it goes into the collection. There are some things I'd never spend money on like bbq tools

with the Club logo, or the salt and pepper grinder with that neoprene sleeve, or that collapsible bucket(????) Anything that looks like it just had

the Club logo slapped on as an after thought is avoided. I mean I love the Club but I still have standards.

3K your approach to just keeping a jumper and some small items is too minimalist for me.

I LOVE buying Club stuff (both official and unofficial). In fact it is an obsession. My car is

I actually got ribbed by my family for only having lions merch for clothes when I went home for Christmas this year. It was only two tshirts and a guernsey too so can't imagine how they'd react if I had a collection that rivalled yours!

And to answer your question I'd say nup,as long as you don't end up on an episode of horders you can't have too much. Buying mech is fun, and it's a great way to identify with the team.

I actually got ribbed by my family for only having lions merch for clothes when I went home for Christmas this year. It was only two tshirts and a guernsey too so can't imagine how they'd react if I had a collection that rivalled yours!

And to answer your question I'd say nup,as long as you don't end up on an episode of horders you can't have too much. Buying mech is fun, and it's a great way to identify with the team.

I don't know your family but I reckon they'd self combust being confronted by that much awesome! It can be a lot to take in....like looking into the sun....

I love collecting things to do with my passions so I'm probably a hair's breadth from being a hoarder already but that's not a reason to stop IMHO. You stop when you're dead :grinning:

A bizarre thread lol.
I suppose buying Lions Merch is better than blowing your cash on smokes and grog and the majority of the time you are supporting the club which is always a plus

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bizarre? Really? I just thought it was a fun thread to put up as something a bit different. Not everyone thinks going over stats or every little detail of game moves is interesting :D

Out of curiosity, where would anyone recommend the best spot is to sell footy merchandise is...eBay, Facebook, Gumtree or somewhere else?

I have a quite a bit of brand new (some with tags, some without) old Lions polos (99-04 era), Lions premiership T's that came out the week after the GF wins and on-field training gear from the 97-99 era that I am wanting to get rid of. As mentioned, none of it has ever been worn and really is just clutter, but unlike footy jumpers, I haven't found any of that sort of stuff online so a bit lost where it should be listed.

It is also the same for AFL Records from every Brisbane Lions game I've attended since 97 and other random games throughout that time that I'd like to move on.

I wouldn't say I have ever been a collector of anything and I wouldn't say I was in regards to AFL Records, just found it difficult ever throwing them out, but I think now is the time to find a good home for Lions stuff that I'm sure someone else would more appreciate.

Anyway's interested in what anyone's thoughts are on what is the best place to list footy stuff online. Does BF have a buy & sell section?

In answer to the first question I would say ebay.

As for the polos, if you don't mind me asking, why buy things you had no intention of wearing?

zcd125848d3e599d3a2d700031562d90a--oscar-wilde-quotes-oscars.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back