Israel Folau Can Go To Ell

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh lord, give me the strength to withstand the stupidity of your disciples.

Nobody is persecuting Christians. Stop trying to use the victim card, nobody is buying it.

Freedom's do not live in tiny little vacuum's, for example, the state won't allow me to put you in a woodchipper, even if it is my religion. Does that mean the state is somehow intolerant of me and my religion?

I've already told you I have no religious belief. I just don't react well to hypocrisy wherever I find it. And I am finding bucketfuls here.

And your supposed comparative illustration is fatuous.

If you are so secure in the rectitude of your views, why the need for abusive labels and manufactured alliances?

Stupid, stupidity, Nazi, Facist, Isis, Taliban, Al Qeada; to pick out a few.

For someone with no religious beliefs, you were awfully familiar with Catholic dogma and accused the Anglican church of conspiracy to deny hell publicly while maintaining belief in it.

Yeah the woodchipper thing is silly, but necessary given you can't think beyond one Voltaire quote.

Nazis, fascists, ISIS, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Israel Folau and you. All hate homosexuals. Please explain to me the mental gymnastics you go through to assume your homophobia is somehow special and not related to these groups?

For someone with no religious beliefs, you were awfully familiar with Catholic dogma and accused the Anglican church of conspiracy to deny hell publicly while maintaining belief in it.

Yeah the woodchipper thing is silly, but necessary given you can't think beyond one Voltaire quote.

Nazis, fascists, ISIS, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Israel Folau and you. All hate homosexuals. Please explain to me the mental gymnastics you go through to assume your homophobia is somehow special and not related to these groups?
Where do you get the idea that Laph hates homosexuals? Sounds like the only thing he hates is hypocrisy.

Where do you get the idea that Laph hates homosexuals? Sounds like the only thing he hates is hypocrisy.

Nothing I have said is hypocritical, freedom exists within a social context. Laph assumes the belittling of beliefs is somehow antithetical to a free society, but it's not. Read Karl Popper.

Nothing I have said is hypocritical, freedom exists within a social context. Laph assumes the belittling of beliefs is somehow antithetical to a free society, but it's not. Read Karl Popper.
without putting words into anyone's mouths, i never said you were hypocritical.
but people who become outraged over someone who is stating his beliefs by trying to silence him is pretty much the definition of hypocritical.
If people want to shut Israel up for regurgitating his religious tripe, then they are obstructing his religious freedom.
I imagine people saying "oh he can think that but he should keep it to himself and not voice his opinion". Wouldnt that be like people saying "i dont mind gays, but i dont want to see them being gay in public or telling people they are gay".
Thought control is dangerous. It would be different if Israel was calling for a gay lynch mob, but he is saying gay people will go to this place called "hell" which is a religious construct.

I'm an educated, broadly experienced and thoughtful person with an enquiring mind.

I am capable of thinking and learning beyond my own beliefs and prejudices - no, I take pride in thinking and learning beyond my personal beliefs and prejudices.

You, on the other hand, seem proud about being ill informed concerning the things you condemn; and perversely wear your ignorance as a badge of honour.

So stick your small minded personal abuse right up your arse.

. Laph assumes the belittling of beliefs is somehow antithetical to a free society,

It actually is.

A deeply entrenched underpinning of our society is freedom of religion and religious expression.

Attempting to interfere with it, then going on to fire a person from his job for insisting on it, then going on to attempt to interfere with the person's legal right to test the reasons for his dismissal in court.

How antithetical does it have to get to qualify as be antithetical?

Read Karl Popper.

Try to understand the principle before nailing it's colors to your mast.

It is a nugatory argument to take the idea that limitless tolerance may have destructive impacts, and use it to support the idea that your own intolerance is justified.

Our own Australian society formally recognises the difference. We have legal impediments to certain behaviours, and indeed limits on freedom of expression.

Last edited:
It actually is.

A deeply entrenched underpinning of our society is freedom of religion and religious expression.
You don't have a very good grasp of the issue if this is your argument. Right now the Queensland and Victorian state governments are allowing the demolition of Indigenous religious monuments and historically have always done so. There is no freedom of religious expression in Australia, never has been.
Attempting to interfere with it, then going on to fire a person from his job for insisting on it, then going on to attempt to interfere with the person's legal right to test the reasons for his dismissal in court.

How antithetical does it have to get to qualify as be antithetical?
Criticism≠interference, Folau has never been impeded from anything, just a whole heap of salty reactionaries upset we didn't have a pity parade for him.

Try to understand the principle before nailing it's colors to your mast.

It is a nugatory argument to take the idea that limitless tolerance may have destructive impacts, and use it to support the idea that your own intolerance is justified.

Our own Australian society formally recognises the difference. We have legal impediments to certain behaviours, and indeed limits on freedom of expression.

Took you a whole 24 hours to respond to that one, I guess you were waiting for your mates @ r/jordanbpeterson to wake up and give you a hand.

A tolerant society requires limits and we've drawn the line on homophobic dog whistling like this. I'm sorry you can't understand it, why don't you write a book about why Popper was wrong and swing past Stockholm to pick up your award.

You don't have a very good grasp of the issue if this is your argument. Right now the Queensland and Victorian state governments are allowing the demolition of Indigenous religious monuments and historically have always done so. There is no freedom of religious expression in Australia, never has been.

Criticism≠interference, Folau has never been impeded from anything, just a whole heap of salty reactionaries upset we didn't have a pity parade for him.

Took you a whole 24 hours to respond to that one, I guess you were waiting for your mates @ r/jordanbpeterson to wake up and give you a hand.

A tolerant society requires limits and we've drawn the line on homophobic dog whistling like this. I'm sorry you can't understand it, why don't you write a book about why Popper was wrong and swing past Stockholm to pick up your award.

I'm done with you, intolerant bigot. Your blatherings are now beyond ludicrous.

Feel free to post your claim of "victory."

Yes there is. Have you read the Aus constitution?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already told you I have no religious belief. I just don't react well to hypocrisy wherever I find it. And I am finding bucketfuls here.

And your supposed comparative illustration is fatuous.

If you are so secure in the rectitude of your views, why the need for abusive labels and manufactured alliances?

Stupid, stupidity, Nazi, Facist, Isis, Taliban, Al Qeada; to pick out a few.
Bullshit campaigner
You defend Christianity every time it gets attacked.
And by the word “attacked”, I really simply mean “questioned”.
Christians are so used to being the moral arbiters, punishers and attackers, that now the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn’t feel very nice does it Laph?
We will continue to attack(question) the god of Abraham culty followers until every last child has the freedom to enjoy their childhood without the pathetic threats and brainwashing.
It will be a punishable crime to indoctrinate any child before the age of reason very soon and the numpties of Abraham wont like it one bit, but guess what, go ******* blow yourself if ya don’t like it.

Their time of being a renewable resource is just about done.
That’s all kids ever were to the church, a resource to plummet.
The jig is up.
👍

Bulls**t campaigner
You defend Christianity every time it gets attacked.

That would be because I am actually tolerant (and somewhat argumentative).

It seems that the louder folk are about inclusiveness for all, the more rabid they are in refusing any manner of tolerance for views they personally dislike.

The bugg you have up your arse over religion in general and christianity in particular is well demonstrated.

If you think I hold any religious belief, Christian or otherwise, you miss the point by a very long way.

You defend it like a good little Christian boi though, at every opportunity.
And I defend my right to attack it at every opportunity.

You defend it like a good little Christian boi though, at every opportunity.

No I don't. I distinctly remember your presence in a thread where I cited 20 or so shocking passages from the Bible in response to some (christian) hypocrits slamming Islam. I think the best one was the offering of a teenage daughter to an assembled mob "do whatever you wish with her" but leave me alone. Although there are some other rippers in there too.

I'll have a crack at any hypocrisy and bigotry I see. You should too.

Tolerance is (largely) a non-selective act.

He does look dumb, I gotta admit that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back