It’s Flea time - Cody Weightman appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Importantly he's not our only option. This week West Coast will worry about him and put some work into him.

So while Cody only gets 1 or 2, expect JUH, Darcy, Naughton or Bont to come up with 3 or more.
Expecting Darcy, Marra, English, naughton and Lobb to kick 15 between them.

His ability to kick big bags is quite special and obviously not a fluke at this point considering how often he does it - I don’t think his inconsistency is that much worse than other small forwards, it’s a tough position to be consistent as we know. But if he even fixes up those quiet games just a little bit he’s going to kick a lot of bloody goals. What a gem.

The pressure and tackling was great again on Sunday too, this needs to be the baseline for him and the goals will continue to come in a big way on the back of it
On The Couch (or 360?) said last night that Weightman has kicked 3+ on more occasions than he has kicked 0. I realise kicking a single goal isn't the be all and end all of ranking a players consistency, but he's only had 9 goalless games in his career.

On The Couch (or 360?) said last night that Weightman has kicked 3+ on more occasions than he has kicked 0. I realise kicking a single goal isn't the be all and end all of ranking a players consistency, but he's only had 9 goalless games in his career.
Yep I think he cops way too much flak on here about his inconsistencies, there’s probably a couple injury effected games etc in that 9 too. Pretty damn good for a small forward who started playing consistently in his 2nd? Year.

Probably just because his big games are so big his small ones look quiet!

He has that instinctive nose for goal which is like lightning in a bottle. We haven't had that since Tory Dickson.
Could become one of the best small forwards the Bulldogs have ever had the way he's tracking.
Always a threat...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back