Its only a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets be honest with one another here.

It's a made up sport played only in one part of the known universe, bound by a set of rules which not only alter from year to year but from game to game, within a competition guided by a hierarchy of interests which place the monied at the top - and fans much further down, with fairness and justice down further still.

A sport which draws such people to its attendance that see racial banners adorning the walls, scenes of drunken violence in it's aisles, s00z, and participants of the sport who are so desperate to further themselves and their team that they will put almost any substance into their body.

A sport with such a nepotistic bent, that it lines its media with so many mediocrities that you couldn't fit them all in a commentary box, let alone know which one to hate the most.

It's only a game, and one riddled with so many problems that you must question your personal worldview if you're letting it affect your emotional state. I mean, surely you people could be concentrating on something more worthwhile than a group of overpaid guys chasing a ball around?
The former mod trying to be everybody's friend ey? :$:thumbsu:

Fremantle are a joke.

I realised that after I posted, but CBF changing it. Imagine if Stephen Hawking posted here!

Instead of stat melts we'd have science melts?

And yet the OP has posted over 24000 times on a site known as bigfooty, and has been a mod on same since like forever.

Footy is everything, as it should be.
You're obviously a lonely person in denial to believe or even state such a thing.
Strong passive melt, if you really didn't care you wouldn't bother making a post like this.
Its an honest summation of the reality.

Point out where or how I am wrong.

Lets be honest with one another here.

It's a made up sport played only in one part of the known universe, bound by a set of rules which not only alter from year to year but from game to game, within a competition guided by a hierarchy of interests which place the monied at the top - and fans much further down, with fairness and justice down further still.

A sport which draws such people to its attendance that see racial banners adorning the walls, scenes of drunken violence in it's aisles, s00z, and participants of the sport who are so desperate to further themselves and their team that they will put almost any substance into their body.

A sport with such a nepotistic bent, that it lines its media with so many mediocrities that you couldn't fit them all in a commentary box, let alone know which one to hate the most.

It's only a game, and one riddled with so many problems that you must question your personal worldview if you're letting it affect your emotional state. I mean, surely you people could be concentrating on something more worthwhile than a group of overpaid guys chasing a ball around?

Strong thesis, well expressed.

I'm finding that football in fact means absolutely nothing.

I've tried to make it mean something this year. Tried five times and failed.

Perhaps at some point this year I'll find a way to make it mean something, but I'm expecting it will continue to mean absolutely nothing many times this year.

Likely on a weekly basis, for at least another four months.

What surprising responses.

I thought we might have a deeper talk about the way some of you have no life outside of watching football.
Deciding you want to invest less time & emotional attachment in football because you realize your team is years away from a flag is one thing, asking the rest of us to validate your choice & then heaping scorn on those who refuse to embrace your level of detachment is quite another. :thumbsdown:

Deciding you want to invest less time & emotional attachment in football because you realize your team is years away from a flag is one thing, asking the rest of us to validate your choice & then heaping scorn on those who refuse to embrace your level of detachment is quite another. :thumbsdown:
No validation, just recognise the facts. It's not at all important.

Trust you to get wound up about this, you're more invested in football than many of the players.

Freo's next home game.

SubaicoEmpty.jpg

I wonder if the OP will obtain any emotional satisfaction if Fremantle won a flag?

I would hypothesise that he/she would.

Therefore OP's hypothesis remains unproven until Fremantle win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No validation, just recognise the facts. It's not at all important.

Trust you to get wound up about this, you're more invested in football than many of the players.
Something tells me you were less inclined to "recognize the facts" 10 minutes before the start of last year's Prelim in Perth. :rolleyes:

Strong thesis, well expressed.

I'm finding that football in fact means absolutely nothing.

I've tried to make it mean something this year. Tried five times and failed.

Perhaps at some point this year I'll find a way to make it mean something, but I'm expecting it will continue to mean absolutely nothing many times this year.

Likely on a weekly basis, for at least another four months.

Well in this universe it does to all of us, because this is where we exist. But the concept of infinity means there are an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of all of us doing all sorts of s**t. Jebus, in at least one of those universes Fremantle are the galactic empire and they all still wear purple and lipstick. But we'll never get there because anything with mass cannot even travel at the speed of light. Which means we're hecken stuck here for the term of our natural lives. Not so bad, earth is a pretty good place and 'Straylia is one of the best places to live.

Something tells me you were less inclined to "recognize the facts" 10 minutes before the start of last year's Prelim in Perth. :rolleyes:
Given that your delicate ego is so steadfastly linked with the fortunes of your football team, I'm not surprised you reached that conclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back