Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know that Suns did not approach Jones and Jones wanted to join us? It could be as simple as that Jones wanted to go back to the team where he started his career. You got some inside info?

Not on this I don't, I just assume seeing as he moved his life to the gold coast on his own accord a year earlier, that he would have been more than happy to stay there and the suns would have had the front running if they made a decent offer.

A s**t offer when you have Collins and Graham as your linchpins on long contracts.
There was no guarantee he would return to form. Had a year off, completely out of the game.

Hindsight says we probably should have. At the time, did we want to pay the money and years he wanted with all our salary pressure? I probably would have been ok with the risk, but Suns were maybe weary. Such is life.

But yes, we need a legit key defender and a small forward ASAP. Jones + Rankine and consider what our team looks like. Worth the cost, maybe.

Hopefully the hierarchy can now see he (Dew) is not up to it, he is a lovely bloke and committed to the club but unfortunately 6 seasons is 2 seasons too long to be still rubbish. I have to say that with my meeting with Mark Evans he was bullish on Dew but then again he didn’t seem to think the Bowes and pick 7, 2MP or Rankine trades were any big deal either. Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.
Almost thinking dew and Evan’s can both pack their bags. Name 2 things Evans has done for us in his tenure?

I can’t even make 1 coup he has successfully got.
Maybe the concession plan? Mind you we still suck and won’t play finals yet again..
So was that a win? Prob not

Another Monday post bye we watch teams we should be ahead of push ahead we watch our ladder position and percentage slip away

3024297937ea38cfd06df70ba6068c64.jpg

While excuse makers and apologists are happy and pray on opposing teams to be weakened by injuries and mathematicians think finals are still possible I’m taking a break from posting
See everyone in a couple of weeks in Canberra to witness another loss

Another Monday post bye we watch teams we should be ahead of push ahead we watch our ladder position and percentage slip away

While excuse makers and apologists are happy and pray on opposing teams to be weakened by injuries and mathematicians think finals are still possible I’m taking a break from posting
I continue to be amazed at how blinkered some people are regarding Finals aspirations etc. I'm now so used to self inflicting wounds on myself I can't wait until this Saturday.

Can you remember the all time classic Dew deflection when he was actually quoting MARGINAL PERCENTAGE INCREASES are a sign he has on the right track. FFS and people including some in the media swallowed it. Embarrassing.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What eppo and a few others know is Dew did not take everyone along for the ride
Played favourites with players and staff and simply ex communicated any player or staff member that challenged him or didnt agree with him
Yes he cuddled the chosen ones but froze out more than he cuddled and in the end was at war with Evans (he is a whole other issue and now scrambling to save his ass) Campbell and Cameron which was always going to end badly, these guys have a direct line to Caro
Stewie wasnt popular or well respected inside the club at large due to his divisive way of managing players and staff, but his worst weakness in my opinion is he couldn't develop players or worse regressed many in their confidence and natural strengths
I like that our new Chairman can make hard decisions, as the Coch said today its a buyers market for coaches
I dont have any inside intel on Hardwick but eppo says its a done deal
I do know Mr AND MRS Hinkley would be desperate for the job but Kenny's recent hot streak changes things for him AND Kochie to keep him there
Pretty sure Dimma or Hinkley can bed down the existing players and attract new ones but most importantly develop existing talent which we havent
Having said all this I was a massive supporter of getting Dew and thought he would light the place up but in the end he has too many personatlity traits that dont allow him to grow the whole club to finals and beyond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played favourites with players and staff and simply ex communicated any player or staff member that challenged him or didnt agree with him
Yes he cuddled the chosen ones but froze out more than he cuddled and in the end was at war with Evans (he is a whole other issue and now scrambling to save his ass) Campbell and Cameron which was always going to end badly, these guys have a direct line to Caro
Stewie wasnt popular or well respected inside the club at large due to his divisive way of managing players and staff, but his worst weakness in my opinion is he couldn't develop players or worse regressed many in their confidence and natural strengths
I like that our new Chairman can make hard decisions, as the Coch said today its a buyers market for coaches
I do know Mr AND MRS Hinkley would be desperate for the job but Kenny's recent hot streak changes things for him AND Kochie to keep him there
Pretty sure Dimma or Hinkley can bed down the existing players and attract new ones but most importantly develop existing talent which we havent
Having said all this I was a massive supporter of getting Dew and thought he would light the place up but in the end he has too many personatlity traits that dont allow him to grow the whole club to finals and beyond
100% absolutely spot on

Jesus, if someone can develop these young players over a pre-season and get a modern game plan bedded down we could make some massive improvements.

Oops, sorry wrong thread😬

Im sad but optimistic

Like when i got divorced

Yep, divorce sucks for a while and then liberating when you are free to the built up pressure. Hopefully the Sun's can find their way and look to the future and not the past.

I feel for Dew but as many of you know I am a facts based thinker and the facts are quite clear that he had to go. Personally I think Evans should be chopped as well

Hopefully King gives the team the licence to play free flowing football instead of what we have seen over the last few years.

We should all be optimistic about this change as the list is in a great position and the foundations are in place for us to be very successful

I feel for Dew but as many of you know I am a facts based thinker and the facts are quite clear that he had to go. Personally I think Evans should be chopped as well

Hopefully King gives the team the licence to play free flowing football instead of what we have seen over the last few years.

We should all be optimistic about this change as the list is in a great position and the foundations are in place for us to be very successful
I don't think King is going to make us play free flowing footy, we will be more defensive under him you watch.

Evans is on shaky ground

Evans is on shaky ground
Evans set up the Level 4 coaching program and Dew was its poster boy graduate, Evans had equity in hiring Stuey so he could crow about the Level 4 program when Stewie succeeded at The Suns ...........again I also thought SD would be awesome just happened to hear how bad he was early days internally and couldn't see how he could get us where we wanted to go

He backed the wrong horse knows it now. Lot of good staff were shafted for asking legitimate questions.

Seemed devoid of understanding when I questioned him on some of this stuff. I think at a minimum he now knows it will no longer be tolerated

EDIT: I know the above sounds arrogant. I’m not saying he isn’t a smart guy as clearly he is, I’m saying maybe he was sucked in to believing Dews message and was hoping it would all work out so kept digging the hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back