Jacqui Lambie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me Maggie, what part did she get wrong?
Do you own research but just for starters... How likely is it that we will incorporate Sharia Law in Australia? And how likely is it to supercede current Australian laws?
If the answer to both is zilch, then then she is just s**t stirring -
appeal to the ignorant and uniformed is her motto.

Do some research on lebanon, once a christian country.

The number of Middle Eastern Christians is dropping due to such factors as low birth rates compared with Muslims, disproportionately high emigration rates, and ethnic and religious persecution. In addition, political turmoil has been and continues to be a major contributor pressing indigenous Middle Eastern Christians of various ethnicities towards seeking security and stability outside their homelands. Recent spread of Jihadist and Salafist ideology, foreign to the tolerant values of the local communities in Syria and Egypt has also played a role in unsettling Christians' decades-long peaceful existence.In 2011, it was estimated that at the present rate, the Middle East's 12 million Christians would likely drop to 6 million by the year 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_Middle_East

Do you own research but just for starters... How likely is it that we will incorporate Sharia Law in Australia? And how likely is it to supercede current Australian laws?

I would suggest the chances are very low that sharia will ever be enshrined in law but at the same time it may be a breach of the racial discrimination act if we don't recognise it. as we "recognise" aboriginal tribal law in Australian law and courts, so being consistent we will have to do the same for sharia.

Given that is the case, perhaps sharia does warrant discussion just like any other religion or issue.

I would suggest the chances are very low that sharia will ever be enshrined in law but at the same time it may be a breach of the racial discrimination act if we don't recognise it. as we "recognise" aboriginal tribal law in Australian law and courts, so being consistent we will have to do the same for sharia.

Given that is the case, perhaps sharia does warrant discussion just like any other religion or issue.
"So being consistent".

What do you mean? You are off with your idea that any sort of different treatment is breaching the racial discrimination act. This is simply not true. It is not supported by the letter of the law or judicial rulings.

To describe Lebanon as "once a christian country" is absolutely ludicrous, and displays a simply abysmal knowledge of history.
What do you mean by this?

There's a working assumption by the average man that all the Levant is Muslim and always has been.

Do some research on lebanon, once a christian country.

Yes, the extremist Jihadis are encroaching. Hezbollah to the rescue!!!!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/t...up-hezbollah-to-fight-isis-in-lebanon-138975/

The Iran-backed Shiite Muslim militant group Hezbollah, classified for many years by U.S. Intelligence as a terrorist organization, is training Christians to fight ISIS in Lebanon and the Middle Eastern believers say their new and unlikely allies "accept us as we are."

Citing Lebanese sources, Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin says Christian villages in the Bekaa Valley area of Lebanon are forming militias to join Hezbollah fighters already engaging ISIS and the al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nursa Front in the Syrian Qalamoun mountains opposite villages in central and eastern Bekaa.

Rifit Nasrallah, a Catholic businessman who is part of the militias fighting ISIS in Ras Baalbek, discussed the alliance with Hezbollah in an International Business Times report last month.

"We're in a very dangerous situation," he said. "The only people who are protecting us are the resistance of Hezbollah. The only one standing with the army is Hezbollah. Let's not hide it anymore."

Nasrallah said Hezbollah does not expect its allies to convert to Islam or create an allegiance to the group's ideals.

"They accept us as we are," he said. "They do not impose on us anything. When there's an occasion, they come to our children's birthdays. The people here accept that Hezbollah comes and helps."

This unlikely alliance between Christians and Hezbollah is a far cry from the adversarial relationship depicted between the two groups in the region.

According to the IB Times report, however, the alliance is one of convenience. Hezbollah is Iran's strongest proxy in that area of Lebanon and has been a key factor in keeping President Bashar Assad's regime in power after four years of the Syrian war. Protecting Ras Baalbek is a priority for the group because losing it to ISIS would put the surrounding Shiite towns under direct threat.

As a result, Hezbollah has invested heavily in sustaining the relationship with Christians. The group trained Christians in Syria to fight ISIS alongside them, according to a November report from Lebanese newspaper An-Nahar and even paid wages similar to Hezbollah members for Christians joining their ranks.

"We are not speaking of an assumed threat, we are speaking of a real aggression that exists every hour, every day, every night," said Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah in a recent speech. He explained that armed groups have launched continuous attacks inside Lebanese territories while also holding dozens of Lebanese soldiers and police officers hostage, "so we need a permanent solution..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are nutjobs out there who are advocating sharia law for Australia (whether confined to Muslim or to all varies). Unless they are confronted and told to * off back to some sharia country they will think that they can get traction and support because "no one is opposing it"

There are nutjobs out there who are advocating sharia law for Australia (whether confined to Muslim or to all varies). Unless they are confronted and told to **** off back to some sharia country they will think that they can get traction and support because "no one is opposing it"
Of course there are, just as there are people advocating the death penalty, neither has any hope of being implemented.
Nah, sorry just another example of religious bigotry.

"So being consistent".

What do you mean? You are off with your idea that any sort of different treatment is breaching the racial discrimination act. This is simply not true. It is not supported by the letter of the law or judicial rulings.
The question posed is why can one group get special laws (aboriginal tribal law) when another can't get their own cultural law (sharia). Myself I think have special laws is a mistake - I even think there should not be different laws depending on which state you live in. Then again I am very anti state rights, pro federalism and would dispose of the redundant state government level.

Of course there are, just as there are people advocating the death penalty, neither has any hope of being implemented.
Nah, sorry just another example of religious bigotry.
I say the same thing about Mormon polygamy too, and if there was a Hindu grip trying to ban beef I'd say the same.

I say the same thing about Mormon polygamy too, and if there was a Hindu grip trying to ban beef I'd say the same.
You are not a Senator, she is. You are just allowing her to spread this bigotry.
Some of us need to also speak out about the likes of her and Hanson.

You are not a Senator, she is. You are just allowing her to spread this bigotry.
Wasn't both lambie and Hanson in particular elected because of their nut job status with these issues? It is unfortunate but they were elected on this type of platform so especially Hanson to not do it would be seen as a betrayal by those who voted for her.

Also how is it bigotry to call out sharia law as ****ed? I don't want it, those who want it can live in another country.

Wasn't both lambie and Hanson in particular elected because of their nut job status with these issues? It is unfortunate but they were elected on this type of platform so especially Hanson to not do it would be seen as a betrayal by those who voted for her.
What has that got to do with speaking out if you believe that their views are divisive and harmful?

What has that got to do with speaking out if you believe that their views are divisive and harmful?
You seem to imply that lambie should not be being divisive and harmful because she's a senator, but I thought she got elected on the platform of being crazy and a little anti non white culture; Hanson certainly was.

Definitely not saying you can't speak out against lambie 's views (unsure how you got there)

You seem to imply that lambie should not be being divisive and harmful because she's a senator, but I thought she got elected on the platform of being crazy and a little anti non white culture; Hanson certainly was.

Definitely not saying you can't speak out against lambie 's views (unsure how you got there)

Being better informed when you are a Senator should be a prerequisite, do you not think that elected members have a responsibility not to spread misinformation?

Not stopping her from speaking out but I am entitled to challenge her ignorance.
Which has been my point all along. Not sure what you can't understand.

Last edited:
So apart from saying you want to speak out against lambie, what are you trying to say about my view?

Are you saying im bigoted? If that means i want everyone i this country to follow the same laws then yeah, im bigoted.
Already answered in #341.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back