Jacqui Lambie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure Ice is so common now that it hardly matters what your parents are like, you can slip into the scene very easily. Hell you could have picked it up playing for an AFL team... Plus its similar to cigarettes in its level of addictiveness. As far as illegal drugs go this is the worst.

I'm pretty sure Ice is so common now that it hardly matters what your parents are like, you can slip into the scene very easily. Hell you could have picked it up playing for an AFL team... Plus its similar to cigarettes in its level of addictiveness. As far as illegal drugs go this is the worst.

Why do you think we don't hear about it? Is it the too hard basket?

Even more foolish.

What does this mean: She can't be all there, not surprised neither is one her children, with a mother like her.

You know her intimately enough to judge her parenting - and remember her son did not kill her! Does that make her a better parent than Phil? No one should judge a parent if there kid turns to drugs - it may not be her fault

Anticipates response: "Yet more foolishness"

Working in the health system I can see a lot of different points.

Firstly its not just parenting skills. Their are too many 'good' families with the drug problem. Second, once someone takes such a dangerous drug, for whatever reason, mainly stupidity, the brain chemistry changes. They dont even recognise they have a problem.

It appears WA has the greatest use of ICE. Being a tough police state, why would that be? It just shows what a pervasive problem its become.

The first step to solving the problem is to help the person see they have a problem. Experts tell me it can take anything up to 18 months to clear them of the immediate effects of the drug. Thats a long, long time. Then the longer term mental health issues can be addressed.

Lambie did us a favour by telling us/ the community that she has this problem. Maybe it will be an impetus to better focus on this issue.

People are making millions out of her and many Australian families agony. She advocates for leniency of these people, is prepared to ruin diplomatic relations between our most important regional ally on the behalf of drug smugglers, but wants to force her son to rehab where he will be forced to take dangerous brain disabling drugs. She wants our gov to pay for all this.

Pathetic.

there is no doubt she is a clown but she isn't the only one with that title in parliament

and yes I agree the state shouldn't be forcing people into accepting medical assistance. it must be the choice of the individual, not the state and not mum and dad.

Working in the health system I can see a lot of different points.

Firstly its not just parenting skills. Their are too many 'good' families with the drug problem. Second, once someone takes such a dangerous drug, for whatever reason, mainly stupidity, the brain chemistry changes. They dont even recognise they have a problem.

It appears WA has the greatest use of ICE. Being a tough police state, why would that be? It just shows what a pervasive problem its become.

The first step to solving the problem is to help the person see they have a problem. Experts tell me it can take anything up to 18 months to clear them of the immediate effects of the drug. Thats a long, long time. Then the longer term mental health issues can be addressed.

Lambie did us a favour by telling us/ the community that she has this problem. Maybe it will be an impetus to better focus on this issue.

100%

Is drug abuse (not drug use) associated/ correlation with other medical issues like depression or social issues like under-employment?

My sister works for the DSC in WA and she is seeing a massive issue in family homes where parents are dug fkd and not doing the basics for their kids. Perhaps we are just too hard on issues like drugs and too lenient on issues like parents not feeding their kids. I understand they may be interrelated issues but the subtleties are very different.

It's my view that she made a mistake yesterday. Revealing someone's addiction and making it something that the public will now gawk over is not in the best interest of her son.

Just what every ice addicted young man wants, being outed by yo' mamma who just happens to be a senator.

Way to go Jacqs, that'll drive him into a rehab :rolleyes:

A politician admitting their own family has drug issues isn't the worst thing, though yeah if he lives in Burnie like she does his employment prospects are now zero.

She's still an arsehole and not a smart person based on most things she's said.

A politician admitting their own family has drug issues isn't the worst thing, though yeah if he lives in Burnie like she does his employment prospects are now zero.

I feel for the kid

He'd have to change his name if he ever decided to turn the corner

Last politician to do it was....BOB HAWKE. Did him no harm when he did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not compare Hawke, to Lambie, it does neither credit.
Hawke was a beer swilling Larrikin, Lambie is a big-mouthed tough bitch, both are close to the outer suburbs masses. I like Lambie I'd take her over Joe Hockey and Christopher Pyne every day of the week. I'd even take her over Gillard Rudd and Shorten some days. Mind you I'd rather Have Paul Keating, Penny Wong or Tanya Plibersek.

Why do you think we don't hear about it? Is it the too hard basket?
Maybe a lot of the time its pretty close to home, maybe because amphetamines are amongst the best selling legal drugs as well as illegal. Maybe its just another way to keep the youth chasing their own tails rather than opening their eyes.

Rebellious kids on drugs are less of a threat to the status quo than rebellious kids not on drugs.

Hawke was a beer swilling Larrikin, Lambie is a big-mouthed tough bitch, both are close to the outer suburbs masses. I like Lambie I'd take her over Joe Hockey and Christopher Pyne every day of the week. I'd even take her over Gillard Rudd and Shorten some days. Mind you I'd rather Have Paul Keating, Penny Wong or Tanya Plibersek.
Hawke was one of those very rare people who was the smartest person in any room he was in. Nobody will ever accuse Lambie of being that.

Last politician to do it was....BOB HAWKE. Did him no harm when he did it.
John Button, Barrie Unsworth, John Fahey, Neville Wran and John Budd all had kids who had drug habits just to name a few.
Drugs are if nothing else egalitarian.
I have no love for Lambie, but in this she is just a Mum.
You can't possibly not understand that.

Hawke was one of those very rare people who was the smartest person in any room he was in. Nobody will ever accuse Lambie of being that.
I had dinner with Bob Hawke several times.
Truly genuine, funny and, as you say,smart, ludicrously intelligent.

Keating for mine was the smartest one, at least in a policy sense. He also had a great turn of phrase:p

Lambie is a loose cannon. Sometimes too loose. She doesnt hang back from having her say. Good or bad.

I was surprised & very happy when she went in to bat for returned servicemen. She knows what a shyte organisation DVA is. aBort likes to wave the troops off but doesnt want to know about the problems that come back with many of them.

I think Lambie has settled down a bit from her early stupid behavior. I think it good to have some honesty in Parliament. I dont always agree with, well, not very often actually:rolleyes:, but l think she is pretty genuine in trying represent a point of view.

i

Keating for mine was the smartest one, at least in a policy sense. He also had a great turn of phrase:p

Lambie is a loose cannon. Sometimes too loose. She doesnt hang back from having her say. Good or bad.

I was surprised & very happy when she went in to bat for returned servicemen. She knows what a shyte organisation DVA is. aBort likes to wave the troops off but doesnt want to know about the problems that come back with many of them.

I think Lambie has settled down a bit from her early stupid behavior. I think it good to have some honesty in Parliament. I dont always agree with, well, not very often actually:rolleyes:, but l think she is pretty genuine in trying represent a point of view.

i

If I recall correctly, Keating only finished year 10. So although not academic, he must have had an amazing EQ.

What restaurant were you working at?

He was patron of ANU Griffins AFL club for several years while in office. Traditional role of the PM of the day. We had an annual dinner which Bob loved to attend and grace us with stories of his cricket, and other, prowess....
I would also see him and often speak to him socially on most mornings in the old House as I delivered his daily Press reports for several years.
He was very much a standard bloke in most situations.
I also did the same job for Keating though he was more aloof and we spoke socially but less often and much less about footy and sport.
Still a decent bloke though, but not a knock-about like Hawke. Hawke knew every detail of the passed weekends sport....lived it.

Fred Daly lived only a few hundred meters from my flat and I had dinner with him several times after he retired in his very humble lounge room in Kingston.
Even fixed his Vulcan heater one year.
Sir John Gorton was also up for a chat if you ran into him at the Red Hill shops buying his groceries, I even paid for them one day when he was short.
He used to wear a pair of the baggiest old green over-locker sewn trackie daks and a sloppy joe.
You would never guess the man had been a PM. Always spoke well though right to the end.

You would be very surprised who you meet when you live in Canberra.
I sat at a table next to Sir Edmund Hillary in a local restaurant, and got his autograph on a linen napkin. The only autograph I ever got for myself.
I broke into Al Grasby's old Valiant one night after a show at the Canberra Theater because he locked his keys in.
Also an affable bloke.
I also lived next door to Richard Pape, a well known British author and Collingwood supporter and spent many afternoons with him watching The Winners before he died.

He was patron of ANU Griffins AFL club for several years while in office. Traditional role of the PM of the day. We had an annual dinner which Bob loved to attend and grace us with stories of his cricket, and other, prowess....
I would also see him and often speak to him socially on most mornings in the old House as I delivered his daily Press reports for several years.
He was very much a standard bloke in most situations.
I also did the same job for Keating though he was more aloof and we spoke socially but less often and much less about footy and sport.
Still a decent bloke though, but not a knock-about like Hawke. Hawke knew every detail of the passed weekends sport....lived it.

Fred Daly lived only a few hundred meters from my flat and I had dinner with him several times after he retired in his very humble lounge room in Kingston.
Even fixed his Vulcan heater one year.
Sir John Gorton was also up for a chat if you ran into him at the Red Hill shops buying his groceries, I even paid for them one day when he was short.
He used to wear a pair of the baggiest old green over-locker sewn trackie daks and a sloppy joe.
You would never guess the man had been a PM. Always spoke well though right to the end.

You would be very surprised who you meet when you live in Canberra.
I sat at a table next to Sir Edmund Hillary in a local restaurant, and got his autograph on a linen napkin. The only autograph I ever got for myself.
I broke into Al Grasby's old Valiant one night after a show at the Canberra Theater because he locked his keys in.
Also an affable bloke.
I also lived next door to Richard Pape, a well known British author and Collingwood supporter and spent many afternoons with him watching The Winners before he died.

That's pretty cool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back