Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I was walking our mini fox terrier on St Kilda beach when i passed Carlisle walking the other way.
Unexpectedly he reached down and picked up my dog and kicked it as hard as he could.
The poor thing went about 60mts into the water.
I screamed out " OMG i cant believe what you just did" .
.Jake just said "what"
I said " You kicked my dog 60mts into the water and it wasnt even a torp. Can you drop punt that far all the time mate?".
"Yeah" he said.
"COOL" I said .

Seemed like a nice bloke.
:eek::oops:

I saw Jake Carlisle at a supermarket in Mentone yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
That one never gets old hahahahaha

I saw Jake Carlisle at a supermarket in Mentone yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9cWnubJ9CEw

Have to say after seeing this guy up close running laps yesterday, the guy is a beast. 199cm, looks in ripping nick strength wise (without being too big that he'd sacrifice his athleticism), he's a genuine man mountain. So excited to see what he can produce, can certainly see him having the effect of saving us a couple goals against a game which will go a huge way to us taking the next step.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's confident he will be unstoppable

I have heard there is this magic powder you can stick up your nose and it gives you an enormous sense of self confidence. Someone should see if they can get him some.

Imagine being able to swing this huge unit with massive hands (who once took 17 marks inside 50 in two weeks) forward if any of Bruce, Paddy or Members are struggling! :)

Mite be an average blonde who mite get summoned b4 Jakey

Oh the pain of luxury ffs

I know his first 15 months at the club have been a disaster but I think supporters underselling how huge an inclusion a potentially elite 200cm, 105kg KPD will be to our side.

Honestly, I feel like in a way the ASADA ban has taken the heat off him and his stupid snapchat of him snorting coke; there's a dozen other players in the same boat as him and people got a refresher that snorting a line of drugs in the off season really isn't much compared to systematic drug cheating programs. But definitely less than ideal.

Honestly, I feel like in a way the ASADA ban has taken the heat off him and his stupid snapchat of him snorting coke; there's a dozen other players in the same boat as him and people got a refresher that snorting a line of drugs in the off season really isn't much compared to systematic drug cheating programs. But definitely less than ideal.

I'm only reading between the lines but I think Jake may have just had enough of Essendon and footy in general by the time his trade rolled around.
He's no academic but he's certainly not stupid as some like to make out. He did coke like a lot of men his age do (and a lot of AFL players), and while I think anybody that takes drugs does so at their own peril, Jakes mistake may just be the making of him.
His Snapchat blunder and 12 month ban made him realize that footy is very important to him, and made him realize that the Saints have done pretty well by him since he came on board. His attitude since he came back has been first class.
Was great to see him socializing and having a beer with the other boys when they broke up for Christmas.
He's had a rough few years but he's actually a good guy big Buckets.

I know his first 15 months at the club have been a disaster but I think supporters underselling how huge an inclusion a potentially elite 200cm, 105kg KPD will be to our side.

i think its probably been the best thing that happened to him and us

i think its helped him realise how great an opportunity AFL football is and what life after football will be like. i think its helped mature him, give his body a bit of a break and just generally ground him a bit more. it must feel like a new start

for us i think we ended up getting him much cheaper salary wise than we would have otherwise got him without the saga. i also wonder if there was a bit of back lash over the AFLPA and essendon knowing what was happening with the snapchat video and not disclosing it to the club. didnt the AFLPA lawyer pretty much get the can for it? i know sydney and hawthorn both knew, which makes me wonder, would the hawthorn trade this year have been passed if the mess with carlisle didnt happen. i'm not so sure

I'm only reading between the lines but I think Jake may have just had enough of Essendon and footy in general by the time his trade rolled around.
He's no academic but he's certainly not stupid as some like to make out. He did coke like a lot of men his age do (and a lot of AFL players), and while I think anybody that takes drugs does so at their own peril, Jakes mistake may just be the making of him.
His Snapchat blunder and 12 month ban made him realize that footy is very important to him, and made him realize that the Saints have done pretty well by him since he came on board. His attitude since he came back has been first class.
Was great to see him socializing and having a beer with the other boys when they broke up for Christmas.
He's had a rough few years but he's actually a good guy big Buckets.

Tic.

A friend of mine who worked with him over the last twelve months said the same. That he was a good guy.

i think its probably been the best thing that happened to him and us

i think its helped him realise how great an opportunity AFL football is and what life after football will be like. i think its helped mature him, give his body a bit of a break and just generally ground him a bit more. it must feel like a new start

for us i think we ended up getting him much cheaper salary wise than we would have otherwise got him without the saga. i also wonder if there was a bit of back lash over the AFLPA and essendon knowing what was happening with the snapchat video and not disclosing it to the club. didnt the AFLPA lawyer pretty much get the can for it? i know sydney and hawthorn both knew, which makes me wonder, would the hawthorn trade this year have been passed if the mess with carlisle didnt happen. i'm not so sure

If Sydney and Hawthorn knew then that's not what both clubs have told us and others. And if Hawthorn knew why would they persue him so hard?
I think that's just a conspiracy theory by some people to try and make the Saints seem like perpetual losers.
And even if others knew and we didn't I would still do that trade every day of the week.
When we've got an elite AA KPD and one of the best young mids in the game in a few years time I think most will think we done well in that deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back