Play Nice James Hird rushed to hospital - suspected overdose

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL handled it like shit, definitely. But the AFL were trying to get Essendon off the hook, even Hird (just a one year ban then comeback all good)

But to say they drove hirdy to OD is really taking a big leap.
At no stage did I say they drove him to OD , if that is the case proving the exact and whole cause is merely subjective.. However I do believe their poor handling of the matter for their sole benefit added undue repercussions/ stress upon all involved and as I previously stated, it is a all to common Accutane.

The family in France or the family he left for the family in France?

This is undoubtedly a tragedy. But Hird is the least of the victims of his actions. His family suffers. His team suffers. His friends suffer. He suffers but he made that bed, didn't he?

So yes, it is a human tragedy. But I don't feel it's a personal one.
don't feel this is the time or the place to go through all that

Was really worried something like this might happen. It was such a fall, I think too great for anyone to handle.

I was worried because Hird never owned his actions and he set himself up more and more for an even greater fall. I hoped his stubborness might see him through without any negatives but I wasn't confident anbody could deal with this much.

I really feel for him but I do hope he takes some responsibility for his predicament and can get the support and encouragement he needs.

My concern now is the media won't allow him to and he isnt given the space needed to progress through this.

Geez it's pretty harsh of some to troll the guy given what's just happened.
For goodness sake, think of his kids and family at this time.
If anyone underestimated the power of media and social media this should be a wake up call.

Hope he gets well soon.

I really shouldn't ever bother scrolling Twitter but some of the comments are just so......... eurgh. A bloke has just (allegedly) tried to commit suicide, and people are sinking the boot in. Seriously, what the **** is up with this society and and the need to trivialise everything for cheap laughs. It is a shame when grown adults feel they have no where else to turn, and if they do go public about anything mental health related, they get drug addict slurs (see: Buddy Franklin).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't they? Read a social media page. People are celebrating.

Sorry, no normal human being actively wishes him ill. Trolls and dickheads on social media don't count.

You can feel sorry for a person's situation, while also being honest about their own responsibility for it.

Hird was targeted unfairly by the media during the saga, no doubt about it. Bomber Thompson himself has said iirc that around 5-10 other individuals at the club were just as responsible for what occurred, yet Hird was the scape goat and fall guy for those individuals whose names werent tarnished in the media to the same degree. Worst of it though is the fact that his family was bullied and tormented by the media waiting outside their home day and night for months at a time. Anyone made to helplessly watch on as their family was subjected to such things would be in pretty dark place (even if they themselves were at fault, but that's besides the point).

Was really worried something like this might happen. It was such a fall, I think too great for anyone to handle.

I was worried because Hird never owned his actions and he set himself up more and more for an even greater fall. I hoped his stubborness might see him through without any negatives but I wasn't confident anbody could deal with this much.

I really feel for him but I do hope he takes some responsibility for his predicament and can get the support and encouragement he needs.

My concern now is the media won't allow him to and he isnt given the space needed to progress through this.

They generally do in cases like this

No doubt camping outside his house as we speak.

Surely an incident like this is the time you think, ****, maybe we should give him a bit of space....
It must happen at some point, I do feel sometimes media catch wind of a story and you think somethings about to explode but then it just goes away. I like to think at these times someone has thought **** just let this one go but I reckon the fiasco around Hird has been so great it wont happen.

Geez it's pretty harsh of some to troll the guy given what's just happened.
For goodness sake, think of his kids and family at this time.
If anyone underestimated the power of media and social media this should be a wake up call.

Im concerned more and more that anyone that has a differing view from the vanilla norm gets labelled a troll.
It's easy to be dismissive and label people, but unless someone is being vile, then it's not always merely trolling...its called Free Speech!
There's little point having an opinion forum if everyone's is just a circle jerk of typing what is expected for some sort of self gratification or being seen to care when I very much doubt they do. A certain song The Chaser wrote is playing through my mind right about now.....

He clearly lost touch with reality like a lot of bombers fans as well.

I really shouldn't ever bother scrolling Twitter but some of the comments are just so......... eurgh. A bloke has just (allegedly) tried to commit suicide, and people are sinking the boot in. Seriously, what the **** is up with this society and and the need to trivialise everything for cheap laughs. It is a shame when grown adults feel they have no where else to turn, and if they do go public about anything mental health related, they get drug addict slurs (see: Buddy Franklin).
If you put it all out on the table though and be 100% open and honest everyone is very forgiving and you are a hero. The media including social media attack when there's a hint of smoke and mirrors and a failure to take full responsibility.

Im concerned more and more that anyone that has a differing view from the vanilla norm gets labelled a troll.
It's easy to be dismissive and label people, but unless someone is being vile, then it's not always merely trolling...its called Free Speech!
There's little point having an opinion forum if everyone's is just a circle jerk of typing what is expected for some sort of self gratification or being seen to care when I very much doubt they do. A certain song The Chaser wrote is playing through my mind right about now.....

I was thinking the chaser song as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back