Roast jared brennan.

Remove this Banner Ad

His salary mainly, and his distinct lack of consistency. Other clubs I'd imagine would think that if he's been dropped from a team that's only won 3 games and have an extensive injury list, he's not worth it.
The counterpoints are that his contract wa front loaded and that he would be a good fit for a team close to a flag as a top up. However I'd argue that anything over 150k would be paying overs for Brennan. Also, the theory behind a talented yet inconsistent player being a good fit for a flag contender is great - in theory. To me the unfortunate reality is that he is a senior player that has been dropped from a fledgling undermanned team of boys. I really think that no other team would even think about touching him. I'd bet anything on that. I reckon we're stuck with him for another year.

Having said all that, I really hope he turns his form around and can put in some really solid performances and establish himself as the footballer we all know he could potentially be.

Having said all that, I really hope he turns his form around and can put in some really solid performances and establish himself as the footballer we all know he could potentially be.

i saw him jump and punch a ball on the weekend. mate, he missed his calling. he should have been a highjumper.....wow, the man can jump.

he really needs a sport psycologist. something may be holding him back. if he could put his game together, he really would be awesome, like someone suggested, hed have an awesome highlight reel.

anything is worth a try at this stage if we have to pay him for another year. a sports psyc would have to be worth it.

It was a great day out despite the flogging, We might have some of the most friendly/coolest players/coaches in the league.

We had Bluey randomly poke his head out his car window and tell us we weren't cheering loud enough (This is the third or forth time now that Bluey's gone out of his way to crack a joke with us, I can't ever hate that man.)

It was weird to see all these high profile superstars hang out at a local footy game like normal people, Had Risky stand next to us during the 4th Qtr of the Broadbeach/Labrador game and having a good laugh as Sexton kept moving to stay under the shade - Rory and Hutchins in line at the canteen and so on. Just the most surreal day out ever.

Fair go to the boys too, The majority of them stuck around till the final buzzer even though we were getting clobbered. Unlike the supporters in the personalised Suns plates that left at 3qtr time. (Come to think of it, I might be having a go at a BF member right now, oops.)

OUCH, that was me, and dont be too harsh in your judgement Slogger we had a kids birthday party to attend, drove 40 mins to the game to support the boys even though we knew we couldn't stay for the entire game, been a member since 2009 (before there was a team) been to all but 2 Suns home games since inception, attended 10+ reserves games, Christmas parties and B&F's, I am comfortable with my level of commitment to the club. :thumbsu:

OUCH, that was me, and dont be too harsh in your judgement Slogger we had a kids birthday party to attend, drove 40 mins to the game to support the boys even though we knew we couldn't stay for the entire game, been a member since 2009 (before there was a team) been to all but 2 Suns home games since inception, attended 10+ reserves games, Christmas parties and B&F's, I am comfortable with my level of commitment to the club. :thumbsu:
Haha sprung! I see you finally got the plates on

You could go down to the local homeless shelter and find an upgrade on brennan right now. Joke of a player considering his wage.

Haha sprung! I see you finally got the plates on
numberplate.jpg

Ha, Not trying to be harsh but you know what it's like to see our supporters leave early when we are getting flogged, Good to know my hunch that it was one of the Big Footy blokes was right on the money. ;) Not questioning anyone's commitment to the club just fishing to see if I could get a reaction out of someone if it was a BF member. Mission Accomplished :D

Scotty Clayton. He picked up all of our guys, and has done a pretty good job if you ask me. He's also responsible for building the Bulldogs list which got them deep into September a few years ago.

Unfortunately, even Clayton has favourites and makes blemishes. When Brisbane picked up Brennan in the draft, Clayton (then at the Bulldogs) was gutted that he was missing out. Then had the opportunity to get him again at the Suns, so pounced.

Rest is history.

Rest is history.

i hope brennan is...

however, id hate to have his job. im no expert but he perhaps has only made one mistke...in my opinion. perhaps brennan can 'talk the talk'....and clayton was never shown 'the walk'?

clayton gets a pass in my thinking. we all make mistakes.

im flad the boys have got a rest after the crows thrashing. its apity we didnt stop last week. mental atitude is everything. next week the finals?

the crows are a top unit. i didnt see much today, as my kids were at little athletics, but it looked one sided at the end when we got home.

but if we keep brennan, he needs a psyc. most of the best athletes use one...

Ha, Not trying to be harsh but you know what it's like to see our supporters leave early when we are getting flogged, Good to know my hunch that it was one of the Big Footy blokes was right on the money. ;) Not questioning anyone's commitment to the club just fishing to see if I could get a reaction out of someone if it was a BF member. Mission Accomplished :D
You can always rely on me to bite Slogger :) and I hear what your saying about supporters that leave early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Matthews described Brennan as an "instinct" player. He plays better when allowed to do what comes naturally. Giving him instructions tends to confuse him.

His performances for the Suns have not been terrible. They've also not been as inconsistent as I'd expected, when he was recruited. In his last senior game, some people on this forum said they considered giving him a vote as one of our best 5. I called him a "goose" when he considered playing on after the siren against Melbourne a few weeks ago, but I also applauded him, when he ran down a Hawthorn player to win a free kick, then passed to Ablett to set up a goal in his last match.

I'm not sure what the future holds for him, but his 2012 form is still better than several players who have been selected ahead of him lately. If the coaches demand that he learns some lessons before a senior recall, I'm not sure he'll be able to do it, psych or no psych.

You can always rely on me to bite Slogger :) and I hear what your saying about supporters that leave early
I was shocked at how many CROWS fans left early 10mins into the last on the weekend. You would have thought they were losing by 11 goals. It was unbelievable

With Jared Brennan he thinks he is better than what he is he thinks he is one of the top players in the comp. He left Brisbane because he was money hungry. He wanted a big pay check and the Lions said no because what he was asking for he's not worth. When he said he was leaving the Lions Carlton offer him a deal like the Suns and I knew he would pick the Suns over the Blues because the Suns had more money for him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146711/default.aspx

ANALYST and commentator Luke Darcy has called for Gold Coast to cull utility Jared Brennan, describing him as "a gimmick".

Brennan has spent two seasons with the Suns after being recruited from the Brisbane Lions during the 2010 national draft.

Darcy was speaking on The Wash-Up, a program on AFL.com.au that looks at the season of every club.

(suns talked about at 6.40 of vid. brennan discussed at 10.29)

Click here to watch The Wash-Up

He said Brennan had shown very little throughout his 158-game career, which includes 119 games at the Lions and 39 games at the Suns.

"He hasn't fired. He hasn't shown any leadership. He looks uninterested. He's a gimmick," Darcy said.

"You look at him at times and think, 'what are you doing?'"

I just love the way Darcy goes about it.

But seriously, I don't really pay much attention to Luke. He doesn't watch Suns games, he has no idea. He may be right with Brennan, but he's a "scoreboard" media personality.

Could also call it "headline" or "highlight" i guess. He'll watch a few of the big games during a round, and pay no close attention to the remainder, besides the highlights or scoreboard. Seen it happen numerous occasions where him and others, such as a few of the guys Gameday, having not watched the entirety of the game will only base their opinions on the final outcome.

Was happening earlier in the year as well, when we were still losing by a fair margin, but the improvement we saw as supporters was much better compared to last year. We'd get slaughtered in the media, hence all the sack Bluey halfway through the season.

Thanks mate. Appreciate you taking the time to explain it haha. I think you're spot on too. As Robbo said: "I can't watch those teams get mauled every week". Well, maybe the football media isn't for you!

we werent mauled every week. half the season we were in most games till 3/4 time. ....then we'd get mauled...:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back