Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

The proof is that he’s gone.

Cmon man, that’s just proof that north offered a degree more.

To me, the issue seems more that we waited to enter negotiations, who know why.

Maybe as Polec said it’s because we wanted to see how he was travelling.

Maybe we then lowballed him, maybe we offered his worth but north offered more. Maybe after we heard of norths offer we decided we weren’t going near it and planned for his departure .... maybe we figured a first rounder for him was greater than any risk.

I just think it's as simple as, we offered a conservative figure early.

So Polec chose to bet on himself and won.

Happens all the time in the US, good and bad. Nerlens Noel is the prime example of when it goes wrong - rejected a 4yr/$70mil RFA offer in the hope of earning a max deal, proceeded to suck and ended up signing a 1-yr contract worth $4.2mil.

Ouch.

Cmon man, that’s just proof that north offered a degree more.

To me, the issue seems more that we waited to enter negotiations, who know why.

Maybe as Polec said it’s because we wanted to see how he was travelling.

Maybe we then lowballed him, maybe we offered his worth but north offered more. Maybe after we heard of norths offer we decided we weren’t going near it and planned for his departure .... maybe we figured a first rounder for him was greater than any risk.

I’ve told you why many times. We weren’t serious about retaining him. Voted bottom two by his peers on a subjective survey. Conservative contract offer by both dollars and term.

If it makes you feel better then sure, continue to convince yourself the club could not have done more to retain him.

I just think it's as simple as, we offered a conservative figure early.

So Polec chose to bet on himself and won.

Happens all the time in the US, good and bad. Nerlens Noel is the prime example of when it goes wrong - rejected a 4yr/$70mil RFA offer in the hope of earning a max deal, proceeded to suck and ended up signing a 1-yr contract worth $4.2mil.

Ouch.
It would suck signing a deal worth $4.2m for 365 days I mean earning $11.5k a week is bottom of the barrel stuff

It would suck signing a deal worth $4.2m for 365 days I mean earning $11.5k a week is bottom of the barrel stuff

It’s a pretty massive drop though, yea 4.2Mil a year is huge money, but pales in significance to 70million though... I’d be pretty dirty if i held out for more money and missed out like that.

NBA salaries are so inflated that it makes any comparisons between the sports basically useless. An NBA equivalent of a bloke like Paul Stewart would've earned probably about $20-25 million over his career.

NBA salaries are so inflated that it makes any comparisons between the sports basically useless. An NBA equivalent of a bloke like Paul Stewart would've earned probably about $20-25 million over his career.

Yes, his name is Matthew Dellavedova.

What has become clear in the wash up is that once Wingard's departure became more and more certain, Polec should have received a revised offer that was very competitive with North's offer.

We basically have to lure a $1,000,000 per season player now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has become clear in the wash up is that once Wingard's departure became more and more certain, Polec should have received a revised offer that was very competitive with North's offer.

I suspect that the portion of Pittard’s salary being paid by North would have cut it. Problem is the club had no intention of retaining Polec because he was not forthcoming with wedding invitations.

Oh I know, but Finny has been consistent in his criticism of Chad, even before this off-season debacle, so I reckon there must be something to it.

It's funny cause Finny once accused me of having issues when I was trying to point out that Tex isn't a lovable larrikin. One 2017 off season later...

Moral of the story, trust the source.

Sent from mTalk

Know someones partner at port, heard that wingard left because of the polec sitatution, everyone hated him but didnt say why.
bollocks
i know a number of people who know the Wingard family and there was talk of Chad leaving for Hawthorn from early on this year
Had nothing to do with Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back