News Jarrod Pickett nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

When fit the kid can outrun and outjump most of the other kids he played against - so big ticks on athletic ability
He can also step, swerve, bounce and run the ball at speed through traffick
He can kick a goal.

That is why he went for a high pick to GWS- factor X.

All he has to do is recover from someone jumping on his foot - which will be a battle. If he recovers we bought potential superstar for not much. It is the type of gutsy call - you have to give credit to SOS and Bolts for- takes guts to have a punt on a kid at this stage of our rebuild but hey - it isn't like Carlton is betting the farm on him either.
Agree and believe this kid will deliver, and that translates to 2 youngsters in successive years who have talent that is just pure class and that X Factor which makes them that much more SPECIAAAAL. Pickett and Charlie Curnow are going to light it up for our pleasure and for years to come. Reset starting to set a solid foundation for our future.

I abhor stereotyping and generalisations. Anyone not agreeing with that is an idiot.
You mean like that moron Robbo on 360 interviewing the young female footballer and making comparisons to NicNat because she had similar hair? *, that was cringeworthy!

But if you're genuinely comparing two footballers who have similar strengths and/or weakness and it's based purely on their skill set, there may be instances where the two footballers have similar backgrounds, whether it be Indigenous, Irish, Greek or otherwise...

And it's normally fairly obvious from tone and language who is generalising and who is making a genuine comparison...

Can kick some horrid shanks but can hit some beautiful passes when he's out in the open. Has a similar game to Dylan Buckley IMO.

Ahh good... Was just thinking we could do with more Dylan Buckleys

I think he's taking it one week at a time, not getting ahead of himself, getting back to basics, doing the team thing and just taking it one week at a time.

How's that for a comprehensive synopsis of his football prowess??

Full credit to him. Obviously he is highly respected inside their four walls.

Just trying to play his role. Needs to start getting comfortable being uncomfortable. He's the one in all in type of player. Full credit to him. Obviously, just wants to have a good pre season obviously.

Full credit to him. Obviously he is highly respected inside their four walls.

Just trying to play his role. Needs to start getting comfortable being uncomfortable. He's the one in all in type of player. Full credit to him. Obviously, just wants to have a good pre season obviously.
Let's not count our chickens, he just wants to get in a full pre-season and earn the respect of his team-mates. He really just wants to focus on the process

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We talking Grigg or Yarran?
Well Grigg definitely fits the "horrible shanks" part of the equation.... beautiful passes, I'm not so sure.

I was indeed thinking of Yarran, who for all his sublime skill was capable of some surprising howlers. Though his foot/toe injury (?) might have had something to do with it.

The drafting of Pickett is intriguing.

Is his body right?
Will it ever be right?
Is he ready for day 1 of preseason (yes, I know, he didn't turn up this week but is his body right to go?).

If he gets himself fit we have a potential X factor on the list.

If not, it would be sad, because we are in desperate need of players with Xfactor..

Well Grigg definitely fits the "horrible shanks" part of the equation.... beautiful passes, I'm not so sure.

I was indeed thinking of Yarran, who for all his sublime skill was capable of some surprising howlers. Though his foot/toe injury (?) might have had something to do with it.

List of all crossovers from the Tiges:

http://www.blueseum.org/At+Richmond

I think they're talking about Les Abbott.

From the Blueseum

According to Wangers on TC , Pickett had a funeral in Perth and will join the rest of the younguns on Monday.
When I was in the PS and we had a day off for a funeral - think it was called compassionate leave - we had to bring a cutting from the death notices for proof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back