Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
CRICHTON%20Jesse_draft_246_meeta.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86918/default.aspx

Height: 183cm
Weight: 66kg
DOB: 18/06/91
Recruited from: North Launceston
Bio: Creative playmaker who has instinctive ability to find space in traffic. Ultra competitive with exceptional vision and awareness. Wins his own footy in the air and at ground level. Tasmania U18 representative in 2008/09. AIS-AFL Academy graduate. Showed athletic ability at Draft Camp in the repeat sprint with 24.94secs and agility with 8.15secs which was in the top 10 per cent.

Video:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/videoid/51007/jesse+crichton+highlights/default.aspx

[youtube]3VfJa8IpXY8[/youtube]

About time we had another Jesse on our list. Jess Sinclair was one my favourite players back in the day and the last 10 years has been the result of the universe punishing us for trading him.

The more i read about Jesse the more I understand why we recruited him, so many positives... just needs to hit the gym and suck down the protein!

I've been waiting for an excuse to post this:

[youtube]qBDnHZNbjCg[/youtube]

Scott Clayton the recruiting guru from the new Gold Coast side thinks this kid was the steal of the draft.Be interesting to see how his assesment turns out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not a Dreamteam question, but I'd just like the chance to ask Fremantle supporters if they can see Crichton playing in the NAB cup? I went to college with him in Launceston and he has a terrific attitude. I'm really keen to see him perform exceptionally well for Fremantle.

Thank you so much if you take the time to answer. I'd really appreciate it. Best of luck in '10 :thumbsu:

Jesse has been away at the induction camp so don't know if he's training with the main group but if he is fit he will very likely play in the nab cup. we will be training at Subi soon so I will watch him and give you an update.

Jesse has been away at the induction camp so don't know if he's training with the main group but if he is fit he will very likely play in the nab cup. we will be training at Subi soon so I will watch him and give you an update.

That would be absolutely fantastic. I can't thank you enough.

I'm very keen to see this kid play. We've seen plenty of his defensive efforts in the highlights packages and he looks outstanding doing so, but I want to see how this kid goes in attack also.

ps. I didn't notice him at training on Wednesday so I am guessing he shaved the mop..?

Haha, he indeed shaved his head.

He's a great attacking player, the video highlights focus more on his defensive efforts but he's quite attacking. He's more of a receiver and he has the speed to really trouble the opposition once he's in some space. I may be slighty biased, but having played with and against him, he'll be a fantastic player for Fremantle.

Just want to remind everyone of this kid from Tasmania. He has been put in clearly the worst WAFL situation of all our recruits and continues to work really hard. His skills are very good, he is finding a fair bit of the footy and his tackling is a strength.

This was recognised with his selection as an emergency a few weeks ago and I believe he will be a very good AFL player in the future. Obviously he needs some muscle and another preseason but his endeavour is to be commended.

Yep, good on Jesse. Finding some good form in a terrible side. Uses the ball well.

It may actually be a good thing to be at Peel. Sure, not as many easy possesisons to be had compared to if he played for Claremont. However he would be a bit player at Claremont and not a key midfielder as he is at Peel. Greater responsibility should do him good.

Can't believe how ordinary his teammates are though. They had half South's tackles on the weekend.

The kid has some ticker, he's quick and tackles hard. Although he has played a lot of footy up forward and in the midfield, I would love to see him tried in a back pocket. He may be an ideal replacement for Roger when Roger calls it a day. He has an enormous upside.

Rumour has it that Jesse was to play against Richmond but failed Harvey's test.

Harvey: What did you do on Sunday
Jesse: Chilled out
Harvey: Did you watch Richmond play on Sunday?
Jesse: No
Harvey: *thinking*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back