Jesse Crichton (Pick 48 ND 2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck on Sunday kid! Finally cracked into the lineup, albeit due to some unfortunate injuries. I for one will be gunning to see him play and hopefully make an impact!
Dogs won't be forgiving, but if he can avoid being a passenger and slide under the radar, do some nice things and kick a couple, it will go a long way to helping the boys get up.

I'm eerily optimistic about this game. :)

Don't have any stats but I thought Jesse was pretty good today. Didn't look overawed and reminded me a bit of Barlow, always seemed to be getting that quick handball out to a runner.

I was very impressed, he has that never say die attitude that DeBoer has. A couple of goal assists as well. Pretty good first game.

This kid is going to be seriously good.

His work in close in the first quarter showed poise, skill, awareness and absolutely oozed class. Some things cannot be taught.

Looking at the raw material, 186 tall - good size; 72kg - should fall over in a stiff breeze but it's all Tassie timber, he and Fyfe could hide behind the same lamp pole, good pace, excellent kick; yeah, a lot to like.

Pity for Peel because he won't play down there again.

Really impressive in traffic, great hands, good kick. Probably needs to start racking up some higher possession games, and put on a few kgs over the offseason. But should be a permanent part of the midfield from here on in. Looks like a great pick at that point in the draft.

Does anyone know why he slipped? Is pace an issue? I know repeat sprints and agility he was very good in, what about pure pace?

Really impressive in traffic, great hands, good kick.

Yep this kid is almost the opposite of Hinkley - never panics and often looks like he knows what he's going to do with the ball before he even gets it.

Looks to be a huge bargain. Our recruting team is on an amazing hot streak at the moment.

Really impressive in traffic, great hands, good kick. Probably needs to start racking up some higher possession games, and put on a few kgs over the offseason. But should be a permanent part of the midfield from here on in. Looks like a great pick at that point in the draft.

Does anyone know why he slipped? Is pace an issue? I know repeat sprints and agility he was very good in, what about pure pace?

Didn't have the greatest of carnivals and I think some recruiters thought he didn't come on as well in that year as he should have. But then when you're a 69kg runt who normally plays a tough game, it becomes a bit harder against bigger kids if you haven't built up yourself.

He always seems to taper off in the second half of games, whether for Peel or for us, suggesting he needs to work on his tank.

Yep, he is going to be a gun and a big steal for us. He was tipped to be going in the top 10 in the draft and was featured on TAC Cup Stars and Tasmania's best draft prospect. He was also rated by Emma Quayle and her draft predictions. No idea on why he slid in the draft. I think he tested poorly in his speed.

His assets were his cleanness, usage of the ball under pressure and the depth of his kicking. We got him for pick 48 I think so basically a straight swap for Peake.

Better then Peake already as has Robbo to Drum.

It is staggering really that we pretty much got like for like, plus improvement in the skills areas that were clearly issues with Peake and Drum. If I was looking at the decisions of those two clubs I would be asking questions of the recruiting dpt who seemed to have failed to identify the talent available in the draft. Especially when you throw in Barlow and Silvagni who would also have met the needs of the Saints and Cats respectively as ready to play. Our luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am watching the 2nd derby again at the moment and Crichton played really well. His creative handball is superb and he is very composed. He tested at the draft camp with elite agility and his pace doesn't seem to be an issue in this game. I am curious to see what his weight will be come the start of next year because he looks a good size, mainly upper body though; he does have skinny legs.

340x.jpg

he looks 10 years old in this photo

Has that all grown back since he shaved his head? Amazing if it has.
Still just staggered we go him, Roberton AND Bollenhagen so late. All 3 could be seriously good players. Crighton looks like a jet.

Didn't have the greatest of carnivals and I think some recruiters thought he didn't come on as well in that year as he should have. But then when you're a 69kg runt who normally plays a tough game, it becomes a bit harder against bigger kids if you haven't built up yourself.

He always seems to taper off in the second half of games, whether for Peel or for us, suggesting he needs to work on his tank.

Given its 2 years on and i don't think Jesse would mind me saying this anyway his carnival in 2009 was below par due to a few reasons. He had a finger injury and had been ill with a severe cold during the matches against the Vic side in Hobart. He'd be also one to admit his aerobic fitness was below where it needed to be. Was unbelievale in the game against Queensland at Aurora, but that often gets overlooked because you want o stand out against the top 4.

As for him slipping down, it happens look at Atley last year. But Jesse does/did enjoy himslef off the field and i believe this may have had some recruiters a little worried.

Wait for this year though. Crichton will be the name to watch this year , amongst all the rest , & will have a breakout year. Mark my words.

I think he'll also really improve as well. I've known Jesse since he was a little tacker and he's always improved every year. One thing that sits in his favour is that he will get bigger, its in his breeding, and his strengh won't be measured by the size of his muscle either. He's got that natural strength. His father would have made a superb AFL player but thats another story.(Actually I'd bet that his Dad, Brett, would be as fit as half the players running around the league now)

I think he'll also really improve as well. I've known Jesse since he was a little tacker and he's always improved every year. One thing that sits in his favour is that he will get bigger, its in his breeding, and his strengh won't be measured by the size of his muscle either. He's got that natural strength. His father would have made a superb AFL player but thats another story.(Actually I'd bet that his Dad, Brett, would be as fit as half the players running around the league now)

He's upsized quite well over this pre-season. He looked like a skinny kid last year and I have no doubt that affected his confidence defensively, not that he was terrible by any means, but I always thought that was a huge part of his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back