Jesse Crichton (Pick 48 ND 2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

crichton.jpg

From the latest video on the facebook page. Going for the Mundy look :D

Where's Jesse at with his football guys? Seems to go alright in the WAFL but not getting many opportunities in the big time?

Terrible endurance. Not going to make it as a mid notwithstanding that he has good skills and decision making particularly in traffic.

Kids got sloth genes unfortunately.

Reminds me of Clint Bartram, basically plays a non existent role in modern day football. Could probably play that shut down small defender role that no longer exists unless you can run off and create which Jesse cant do, surprised if he is on te list next year.

I wouldn't agree with that Chinggis, Crichton has pretty decent pace. His change of pace in particular is very good.

I haven't seen him play in the WAFL this season, but he has always been willing to work hard and contribute at that level previously. I'd be surprised if he didn't put his hand up at varying stages throughout the season.

Reminds me of Clint Bartram, basically plays a non existent role in modern day football. Could probably play that shut down small defender role that no longer exists unless you can run off and create which Jesse cant do, surprised if he is on te list next year.

Yep, sorry to say, this is spot on.

Yep, sorry to say, this is spot on.

In what way is it spot on? His ability to create was one of the reasons he was highly regarded prior to being drafted. Tackling - along with his running ability - was the other major plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't agree with that Chinggis, Crichton has pretty decent pace. His change of pace in particular is very good.

I haven't seen him play in the WAFL this season, but he has always been willing to work hard and contribute at that level previously. I'd be surprised if he didn't put his hand up at varying stages throughout the season.

Sorry, I wasn´t referring to his speed, but his endurance.

If you look at his first half output versus second half output across his career, he gets over 70% of his possessions in the first half. Always dies in the arse horribly in the second.

Again on the weekend for Peel. Was on track for 30 poss, ended up with 20. Guaranteed every week. I think pre season training reports always put him at the back of the pack in the time trials.

Should of sent him to train up in Tibet or somewhere to build up some red blood cells pre season. Doesn´t look like his endurance has improved.

Sorry, I wasn´t referring to his speed, but his endurance.

If you look at his first half output versus second half output across his career, he gets over 70% of his possessions in the first half. Always dies in the arse horribly in the second.

Again on the weekend for Peel. Was on track for 30 poss, ended up with 20. Guaranteed every week. I think pre season training reports always put him at the back of the pack in the time trials.

Should of sent him to train up in Tibet or somewhere to build up some red blood cells pre season. Doesn´t look like his endurance has improved.

Fair enough, it was the 'sloth genes' part that I was referring too.

I've heard from a few people that he is a very hard worker. I guess this is why I expect that he will get fitter. I mean, Pearce has completely turned his career around in the space of one pre-season effectively. Look how far Walters has come in recent months. If you're willing to do the work, then getting your fitness levels up isn't a difficult challenge. The more contests you get to, the more impact you have and the better you look as a player.

By no means am I suggesting he won't be de-listed at the end of the season, it's far too early to call though IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back