Podcast Joe Rogan Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who knows me would know that I lean left, my views would at times even be considered extreme left. But some of the nonsense where people want to try and tear down others just because they find something offensive is bordering on ridiculous - no actually it has surpassed that - and there will be a swing in the other direction which is part of the reason you get idiots like Trump. I was listening to Bill Burr the other day (possibly on Rogan) and he made a comment something along the lines of I'm on the same side of the debate as these people and even I find it embarrassing. I mean when I saw people having a crack at Adele of all people last week because she said she is proud to be a woman and that is taken as some kind of attack on transexuals I mean seriously what are we doing here?

I can't help but think it's being played up by the media (ie big business) because they'd rather have us fighting each other in a culture war instead of fighting them in a class war. And unfortunately it's working because there are a large portion of people who are uneducated (uneducated in the context that you've referred to), vacuous morons.

It's all about decreasing the number of people in the centre and pushing them to the extremes.

Disliking the left and right is a very healthy thing.

Anti-left were all the Vietnamese and Cambodians who fled their countries when they faced severe persecution or death for being anti-left

But in your world they were the bad guys. Too funny.

How about I'm right and you can't get your tiny brain around the fact that people can hold different views that can be considered left or right but still hold a majority of views that lean one way.

What a myopic view you have of people's belief systems.

Has to be one or the other, can't be a mixture :drunk:
This has been an incredibly illuminating conversation between yourself and Robes.

I didn't think Roby 's posting could get any more embarassing than it already was but here we are at "you're a bad person if you criticise THE LEFT".

Of course they are. The collective pools resources to provide public goods.

Have to disagree. Individualistic groups can also have everything you suggested.

The United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany, and South Africa have been identified as highly individualistic cultures.

A few countries that are considered collectivistic include Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Venezuela, Guatemala, Indonesia, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, and India.

I don't see Australia fitting into the group on the right.

Differences-between-individualist-and-collectivist-cultures (1).png

It's all about decreasing the number of people in the centre and pushing them to the extremes.

Social media helps that immensely - pretty hard to have an intelligent well rounded discussion when you're limited to 140 characters.

I can't recommend this book highly enough to get an idea of how the medium influences social discourse - I haven't read it in about 15-20 years but I would love to see an updated version including social media

This is the biggest piece of misinformation on this site and is continually spread by you and others. You know that answer is disingenuous.

"You're not forced to get vaccinated, but you just can't leave your state, go to work, go to the bottle shop or go to a football game without doing so".

I would have not have been vaccinated if I wasn't forced to do so. And i can tell you I was forced to do so.
You're not wrong exactly, I'm just not sure what the alternative is.

Some kinda hospital triage system where unvaxxed don't get a bed and have to deal with it themselves as best they can at home? That doesn't seem particularly palatable either.

Social media helps that immensely - pretty hard to have an intelligent well rounded discussion when you're limited to 140 characters.

I can't recommend this book highly enough to get an idea of how the medium influences social discourse - I haven't read it in about 15-20 years but I would love to see an updated version including social media

As a 12 year old I read Huxley's Brave New World for the first time.

His prediction that technology (including the media) and not the military would attempt to control the population group think is as true then as it is now.

You're not wrong exactly, I'm just not sure what the alternative is.

Some kinda hospital triage system where unvaxxed don't get a bed and have to deal with it themselves as best they can at home? That doesn't seem particularly palatable either.
I think the alternative is just to see how it goes. If unvaccinated people get sick, other people will get vaccinated. They're rational people.

This has been an incredibly illuminating conversation between yourself and Robes.

I didn't think Roby 's posting could get any more embarassing than it already was but here we are at "you're a bad person if you criticise THE LEFT".

Reported.

Edit and ignored. No point engaging with someone who doesn't understand basic logic.

Have to disagree. Individualistic groups can also have everything you suggested.

I don't see Australia fitting into the group on the right.

View attachment 1328790

So people aren't interdependent in Australia? How do things go across state lines? Who makes roads? Do you hunt your own food, make your own clothes and build your own shelter?

We're not connected? Really? In 2022? What's an internet, again, see above.

Moderate/traditional. No traditions here in Australia? Every country, law system, scientific study is built on traditions.

People in Australia don't co-operate? If the court or judicial system is in place people generally follow it. Despite it being not that enforced do you think generally people litter? Do people generally recycle, even though nobody really enforces it?

Again another same thing, obedient. Are we talking Australia pre human history? When there was just animals, is that what you mean not obidient? You realise there is obidience also in the animal kingdom?

Nobody is Australia is self sacrificing, self controlled, equalitarian or sensitive? There is. Maybe Bostonian isn't but there are plenty of people that are. Just because it applies to you doesn't apply to a whole country.

I suppose when your think you're self-assured, think your independent and self reliant the Dunning-Kruger effect is in full flight. When people tell your getting it wrong repeatedly I can see why you stick to one of those traits "self interests". You're in an Ames Illusion.

Never seen anyone on their high horse thinking theyre so great and amazing with such hypocritical and shitful opinions as Chief. Good grief you are a consistently awful human being

What a great human being you are. Attacking someone without context. Could you create a worse post or opinion? Don't think you could if you tried

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's definitely a right wing stupid conspiracist grifter who loves a good click-bait title. Good thing you can just say to YouTube "do not recommend this channel" and just like that he does not appear anymore.

My goodness.

Well he's certainly caused you some emotional grief. No wonder you wish him removed from youtube.

Sometimes one needs to get out of ones comfort zone and broaden ones horizons. Tackle the new and controversial instead of the tired old and stale.

I mean, how many times can you listen to Radiolab's 'Colors' down in the basement before the old bonce starts to yearn for sunshine and adventure?

My goodness.

Well he's certainly caused you some emotional grief. No wonder you wish him removed from youtube.

Sometimes one needs to get out of ones comfort zone and broaden ones horizons. Tackle the new and controversial instead of the tired old and stale.

I mean, how many times can you listen to Radiolab's 'Colors' down in the basement before the old bonce starts to yearn for sunshine and adventure?

Don't know what radio lab is, didn't say I wanted Russell Brand removed from YouTube. I removed his channel from my recommended list doesn't mean I wanted him removed.

As for causing me grief? Lmfao. Dear me, dear me.

Just that action alone shows what kind of a person you are.

There is literally nothing worthy of reporting in that post yet you waste a mods time by running off like a petulant child crying wolf.

RU OK?

What kind of person am I? Maybe take it to PM, yes?

Don't know what radio lab is, didn't say I wanted Russell Brand removed from YouTube. I removed his channel from my recommended list doesn't mean I wanted him removed.

As for causing me grief? Lmfao. Dear me, dear me.

Hear hear.

Remove those right wing miscreants from thou recommended list.

What are you watching instead old chap?

Give us your top 3 awesome left wing podcast channels so that we too may be informed.

Maybe even give them a power ranking?

I'm
Nope, no need to take anything to PM.

Just bemused as to why a nothing post would get reported to a mod.

You're disparaging people far worse than anything that post said. I don't think anyone has reported you. I would hope not.

I've reported and ignored FlowersByIrene because I've had enough of their anti-vaxx rhetoric, constantly responding to my post just for the sake of trolling. You can check their post history and the amount misinformation and stupid things they've said and have never once admitted to being wrong. But most of us in the scientific community are wrong. Anyway as you say "free country" so I'm allowed to report based off what I think is trolling, whether you agree with it or not. Either way I don't have to deal with them anymore as they are on the ignore list.

Hear hear.

Remove those right wing miscreants from thou recommended list.

What are you watching instead old chap?

Give us your top 3 awesome left wing podcast channels so that we too may be informed.

Maybe even give them a power ranking?

The last three things I watched on YouTube were Chunga, G-idle and Hyuna. Not sure if they're left or right wing, I don't think they care for this discussion.

I think the alternative is just to see how it goes. If unvaccinated people get sick, other people will get vaccinated. They're rational people.
You can understand why governments wouldn't want to run that risk with the hospital system though. See how it goes... next thing you know people are stacked up in hospital hallways, ambulances are ramping, EDs with no capacity for accidents etc.

And yeah that might encourage some unvaxxed people to vaccinate, its not like that flips a switch though and hospitals are suddenly back to handling the volume overnight.

I'm

I've reported and ignored FlowersByIrene because I've had enough of their anti-vaxx rhetoric, constantly responding to my post just for the sake of trolling. You can check their post history and the amount misinformation and stupid things they've said and have never once admitted to being wrong. But most of us in the scientific community are wrong. Anyway as you say "free country" so I'm allowed to report based off what I think is trolling, whether you agree with it or not. Either way I don't have to deal with them anymore as they are on the ignore list.

Well you'd already fixed the problem it seemed by putting them on ignore.

Misinformation is everywhere.

Which sources do you get your news and views from? Are they free from disinformation?

You can understand why governments wouldn't want to run that risk with the hospital system though. See how it goes... next thing you know the system has collapsed, people are stacked up in hospital hallways, ambulances are ramping, EDs with no capacity for accidents etc.

And yeah that might encourage some unvaxxed people to vaccinate, its not like that flips a switch though and hospitals are suddenly back to handling the volume overnight.
I would suggest with Omicron levels as they are and the data released by the ABS overnight that people being stacked in hospital hallways is unlikely. Unlikely to the extent where I would have been happy to have taken that risk.

In fact, the Government and Media have contributed to emergency department issues and 000 issues given their over propagandising of the Covid issue which has instilled a fear and mania with respect to Covid 19 in the general population, despite the average age of death of Covid patients being slightly higher than the average age of death for all causes.

There have been constant issues with people with sore throats calling 000 and turning up to EDs, adding strain to the system and potentially killing others due that strain, due to the fear pron the Government and Media have pumped out for the past two years.

You can understand why governments wouldn't want to run that risk with the hospital system though. See how it goes... next thing you know people are stacked up in hospital hallways, ambulances are ramping, EDs with no capacity for accidents etc.

And the reason why the hospitals are always full is mostly due to people who also made life decisions that lead them to that place.

Obese people for example. Cardiac, Diabetes, Strokes etc etc

Fat shaming should be on par with Vaxx shaming if it's about hospitals being under capacity rather than at capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back