Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

I think anyone who played during the finals series should get a medal. So Taylor and McStay would get one. I know this means Noble misses out under these terms, and that devastates me, but I put that down to the selection choice of Lipinski and WHE over him (both of whom I consider less deserving of a guernsey).

Leon was embarrassed to receive a medal. That much is clear when you watch him get it.
Should he have been dropped?
That’s another conversation.
Why is Leon's experience worth more than all those currently in the game who disagree with you?

Can Noble play as a high half forward flanker and roam across the ground to support defensive - forward transition?

Maybe so. I love Leon and happy he got his medal. Just saying that it should be limited to the players in the game. Not guys who contributed along the way.
2010 was different with the draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so. I love Leon and happy he got his medal. Just saying that it should be limited to the players in the game. Not guys who contributed along the way.
2010 was different with the draw.
I'm with you on this. A medal is a token as it is, but getting ridiculously tokenistic if we extend it - where do we stop - Bianco's half a game as sub - here get a medal.

Plus the blokes who are upset after the GF aren't crying about not getting a medal. They're crying that they didn't get to play in the GF. So everyone getting a medal may be what the clubs say, but they all really believe that there's a big difference in whether or not you played.

I think anyone who played during the finals series should get a medal. So Taylor and McStay would get one. I know this means Noble misses out under these terms, and that devastates me, but I put that down to the selection choice of Lipinski and WHE over him (both of whom I consider less deserving of a guernsey).
Why would you want a medal if you didn't play? It has no meaning and anyone who has played the game at any level knows this.

" Grandson- this is my premiership medal!"
"Wow, grandad! What position did you play? Did you get any goals?"
"Well, I wasn't actually in the grand final team but I did play some games during the year."

No thanks.

Why would you want a medal if you didn't play? It has no meaning and anyone who has played the game at any level knows this.

"Well, I wasn't actually in the grand final team but I did play some games during the year."

No thanks.
Without them, the team wouldn't have won the flag. I liken it to the olympics - all the swimmers of a relay team who took to the water through the tournament get the medal, not just those who contested the final swim.

It highlights that premierships aren't won by one game, but rather by a whole finals series (and frankly, a whole season, but I don't feel the need to give a premiership medal to everyone who played during the year).

No thanks.

The alternative:

"Grandson - I played for Collingwood in 2023, the year we won the premiership!"
"Wow Grandad! What position did you play? How was the grandfinal?"
"Well, actually I didn't play in that game."

Is that better?

The alternative:

"Grandson - I played for Collingwood in 2023, the year we won the premiership!"
"Wow Grandad! What position did you play? How was the grandfinal?"
"Well, actually I didn't play in that game."

Is that better?
Particularly rough in Noble's case, playing every game until the finals and then missing just due to coaching

The run he provided was insane.
We just looked more…Collingwood with his run. More our signature style.

At this point, I’d consider Markov coming back in for WHE for more run but if he underperforms again then he can do a block in the VFL.

Noble needs to hold his spot. I always say it.you can never knock him for his effort. Always gives everything he has. We need more blokes like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back