Jolimont Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Interested in the history of this team (article is from 1951). Was there a ground next to the station, or were they just training in the park? Ironically a ground in the corner of the MCG carpark near the station was one of Melbourne's recent proposals for building a home base.

1644809305375.png

The only other mention in Trove is from 1952, so they played at least one year. Interesting it's an article in the Western Australian about a Melbourne side looking for a player in Gippsland.

1644809627278.png

I see further mention of a Jolimont FC side for deaf players here, but it says they only formed in 1964 and the original article doesn't mention deaf players so assume they aren't linked.

Interested in the history of this team (article is from 1951). Was there a ground next to the station, or were they just training in the park? Ironically a ground in the corner of the MCG carpark near the station was one of Melbourne's recent proposals for building a home base.

View attachment 1327619

The only other mention in Trove is from 1952, so they played at least one year. Interesting it's an article in the Western Australian about a Melbourne side looking for a player in Gippsland.

View attachment 1327626

I see further mention of a Jolimont FC side for deaf players here, but it says they only formed in 1964 and the original article doesn't mention deaf players so assume they aren't linked.
Ray Slocum the Fitzroy player?

Ray Slocum the Fitzroy player?

I do recall a team called Jolimont played in the Melbourne &Metropolitan Protestant Churches Football Association during the late 1960s. They were made up of deaf players and wore Collingwood jumpers but not sure where they played as the club I was associated with always seemed to play them at our place.

I was too young to know their origins, maybe they represented the Deaf Society of the day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back