VFA Club songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 21, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Recently watched a Facebook post of Prahran celebrating their 1973 premiership and heard them singing their club song which sounded like the South Melbourne Club song (Notre Dame March) but with different lyrics. This got me thinking about what were the Club songs of the old VFA Clubs? I vaguely remember that Port's was "Grand Old Flag" and Williamstown's was possibly the same but with 'gold and the blue'.
I read somewhere that Mordialloc's was an unusual one.
Can you contribute to this thread by posting the Club songs as used by the clubs during the VFA years.

All the VFA songs were great as VFA stands for Very F*#!king Awesome as opposed to the VFL of today which is Very F*#!ing Lame

All the VFA songs were great as VFA stands for Very F*#!king Awesome as opposed to the VFL of today which is Very F*#!ing Lame
Is this the start of North Melbourne claiming that their VFA flags should all be counted a la Port Adelaide's 37?

Have been informed that Waverley FC's was the Collingwood theme song.

"Good old Waverley forever, we know how to play the game. Side by side we stick together, to uphold the Waverley name. See the barrackers a shouting, as all barrackers should. Oh the premiership's a cake walk for good old Waverley".

Lyrics for other Clubs please.

Found this on YouTube Preston singing their song after a win in 1983 very similar to the Hawks tune.

and the song with lyrics below. Note: This must be the modern take for there is a change in the lyrics from the above video from "best in the association” to “best in the competition."

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back