Roast Jones caught drink driving

Remove this Banner Ad

Not his finest work…

He’ll get an extra fine and probably sits out the pre-season games, due to the timing.

Making him not eligible for the first 2 weeks of the regular season but eligible for the pre-season games better way to do it.

Will make him work harder to redeem himself for his screw up.

Look its not an Eagles off season without some form of incident

Given our history, this is on the lower end of the scale

He's still an idiot however

What an awesome start to the pre-season. Rolling on from the steaming turd that was season 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Jamaine Jones a lot, but for this? No excuses, no sympathy.

At a career level he has to realise how expendable he is.

At a human level, don’t be a complete selfish deadshit. Your life isn’t more important than someone else’s because you want to get home ASAP. * off.

He’s a silly boy but the bigger problem is the system if you ask me.

We tell people you can drink and drive, but you can’t exceed 0.05

Under is fine but anything over and all of a sudden you are a menace to society.

Considering alcohol affects everyone differently and someone’s age, weight, how much they’ve eaten, tiredness, stress, what medication etc etc all play a factor in how alcohol affects them from day to day or situation to situation, the smart thing to do would be to have a zero tolerance policy...but no!! because booze is a very well taxed drug we condone it and look the other way. That is until we cross this magical 0.05 barrier that no one can actually test for before they drive I might add. Stupidity at its finest.

Jones should have taken a taxi or not drank at all but as long as we allow people to play Russian roulette by driving and having to make an uneducated guess to their blood alcohol limit this s**t will keep happening....again and again and again and again and again.........

He’s a silly boy but the bigger problem is the system if you ask me.

We tell people you can drink and drive, but you can’t exceed 0.05

Under is fine but anything over and all of a sudden you are a menace to society.

Considering alcohol affects everyone differently and someone’s age, weight, how much they’ve eaten, tiredness, stress, what medication etc etc all play a factor in how alcohol affects them from day to day or situation to situation, the smart thing to do would be to have a zero tolerance policy...but no!! because booze is a very well taxed drug we condone it and look the other way. That is until we cross this magical 0.05 barrier that no one can actually test for before they drive I might add. Stupidity at its finest.

Jones should have taken a taxi or not drank at all but as long as we allow people to play Russian roulette by driving and having to make an uneducated guess to their blood alcohol limit this sh*t will keep happening....again and again and again and again and again.........

IRC you don't need to go to court for a first offence unless you're over 0.08 - so he wouldn't have been that close to the limit - he would have known he was very likely to be over.

I agree with your point though. You could make it a zero alcohol approach which takes the guess work out of it, which is basically what it is here in Sweden (0.02), but that's pretty shitty too because you're chancing it going out and having a drink with dinner.

It's a shitty thing to do by Jones - stupid. But I was 22 once - and despite all the modern
education on drink driving and all of the public shaming, I've done it, and I know nearly all of my young male friends did too.

He'll need to learn from this and should lose his licence, but it doesn't make him irredeemable.

IRC you don't need to go to court for a first offence unless you're over 0.08 - so he wouldn't have been that close to the limit - he would have known he was very likely to be over.

I agree with your point though. You could make it a zero alcohol approach which takes the guess work out of it, which is basically what it is here in Sweden (0.02), but that's pretty shitty too because you're chancing it going out and having a drink with dinner.

It's a shitty thing to do by Jones - stupid. But I was 22 once - and despite all the modern
education on drink driving and all of the public shaming, I've done it, and I know nearly all of my young male friends did too.

He'll need to learn from this and should lose his licence, but it doesn't make him irredeemable.
Agree, it's a mistake that he will pay for, but hopefully he is educated and reminded about how lucky he is to get caught - as the alternatives are much worse.

Give him the chance to work hard to rebuild trust

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really just got no sympathy or patience for this sort of s**t these days hey.

Hope management spell it out to all current players, and anyone else planning to join just how much we disapprove of this and will come down hard.

If you step out of line or do anything to tarnish the clubs reputation off field, after all we've been through, you can * off. Traded

I'll drink to that.
Not smart but i dont see a huge issue unless it happens again.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Its ******* stupid putting people's lives at risk . Its way worse than Willie Rioli and his weed ban / possession charge .

The only person Rioli could hurt was himself

Jones put others at risk . Its not like he was just over 0.05 he was over 0.08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back