Roast Jones caught drink driving

Remove this Banner Ad

0.149 is high and just below the 0.15 that triggers a high level drink driving charge

Probably can consider himself fortunate to have a contract

.149 is ... A lot. Remarkably so.
9 months starting now takes him through to August next year. Hope he has someone to give him a lift to training all year.

He’s a silly boy but the bigger problem is the system if you ask me.

We tell people you can drink and drive, but you can’t exceed 0.05

Under is fine but anything over and all of a sudden you are a menace to society.

Considering alcohol affects everyone differently and someone’s age, weight, how much they’ve eaten, tiredness, stress, what medication etc etc all play a factor in how alcohol affects them from day to day or situation to situation, the smart thing to do would be to have a zero tolerance policy...but no!! because booze is a very well taxed drug we condone it and look the other way. That is until we cross this magical 0.05 barrier that no one can actually test for before they drive I might add. Stupidity at its finest.

Jones should have taken a taxi or not drank at all but as long as we allow people to play Russian roulette by driving and having to make an uneducated guess to their blood alcohol limit this sh*t will keep happening....again and again and again and again and again.........

There is no person who at 0.08 is not affected, if you think otherwise you've got nfi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was it reported 0.08 when it was 0.149?

Excess 0.08. It's the official charge description before reaching the next measurement for prosecution. The specific reading would be more pertinent during his actual sentencing.

Any chance that BAC readings are rounded down like speed is? 0.149 is suspiciously close to the 0.15 cut-off for high level charges.

Even though, unless he was pulled over immediately, he was likely driving at 0.15 or higher at some point.

0.149 isn't bad judgement, that's intentionally getting behind the wheel when you know you're ****ed.

Delist

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Any chance that BAC readings are rounded down like speed is? 0.149 is suspiciously close to the 0.15 cut-off for high level charges.

Even though, unless he was pulled over immediately, he was likely driving at 0.15 or higher at some point.

No.

The reading is the reading.

Where was his friends taking the keys off him ? That's a really high level of pissedeness.
I tried that with an ex AFL player once. Couldn't get the keys off of him, core strength and all that. We even tried to turn him upside down to shake the keys out of his pocket, but it was like trying it on with a Rhino. He drove home and didn't get busted but put others at risk.

I tried that with an ex AFL player once. Couldn't get the keys off of him, core strength and all that. We even tried to turn him upside down to shake the keys out of his pocket, but it was like trying it on with a Rhino. He drove home and didn't get busted but put others at risk.
I meant someone to try and reason with him. Then again, maybe they did.

Yes the laws were changed this year. If you literally had 1 pint quickly and got pulled over straight away you'd blow very high.

You would but the second evidentiary test would show a far more accurate level.

If you're blowing 0.149 you've been on the piss for ages. Your BAL rises in your system and peaks two hours after your last drink.

Chances are, if they'd picked him up an hour later he would have gone higher.

******* stupid.

You would but the second evidentiary test would show a far more accurate level.

If you're blowing 0.149 you've been on the piss for ages. Your BAL rises in your system and peaks two hours after your last drink.

Chances are, if they'd picked him up an hour later he would have gone higher.

******* stupid.

I'm just stating a possible scenario where it's possible to blow very high without a lot of alcohol. The other way is to try and cover potential drinking with mouthwash which will hugely spike your figure. With the new laws i'd have to check but I was under the impression it's straight up what you first blow that you get done for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back