Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

You need another guru brother - try Thich Nhat Hanh, he’s been at it for 50 years, and he does not shill a diet that kills you in order that his hopeless daughter can make a few bucks.

Jordy is a chancer and academic mediocrity who had a lucky break on a YouTube video.

If you need an academic to tell you that the feminine has always symbolised chaos and nature, the virtue of sitting up straight and of cleaning you room
- i know a few Jesuits who can guide you for nothing and they don’t have a patreon page

More evidence of the monster. Stop hating yourself.

That's the road of scientism. Jung's theories either describe things in a repeatable and scientific way or you're just sitting in a haughty lecture of a man telling you you're having a bad day because you're a Pisces.

Yeh but it’s like Freud - some myths contain deep truths- I mean how many anal retentives do you know!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh but it’s like Freud - some myths contain deep truths- I mean how many anal retentives do you know!

Maybe? You can learn things about yourself from a good novel too. You can learn things from Jung but as you said, Freud and Jung both developed their theories as science, and when the capability and resources to test their theories came along they were shown to be largely nonsense.

You sound just like him - congratulations. It’s the triumph of reason over chaos. Familiarise yourself with the Western Canon - particularly with European philosophy up to 1950

'Jordy is a chancer and academic mediocrity who had a lucky break on a YouTube video'

Why so bitter? Are you resentful of his success?

Tell me about it! They drive you mad.

I know exactly 7.

Four men and three women.

Their ages are 22, 23, 30, 35, 48, 49 and 62.

42.85% of them drive foreign cars.

'Jordy is a chancer and academic mediocrity who had a lucky break on a YouTube video'

Why so bitter? Are you resentful of his success?

I don’t resent it. I do resent the fact that there are a lot of brave conservative thinkers who really know there s**t that are not shilling all meat diet. Carl Schmidt, Julius Evola, Roger Scruton - I mean Scruton makes Jordy look like a shaved monkey

He took on post modernists before it was cool - and he got sacked because of it: https://g.co/kgs/Kcfb9x

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe? You can learn things about yourself from a good novel too. You can learn things from Jung but as you said, Freud and Jung both developed their theories as science, and when the capability and resources to test their theories came along they were shown to be largely nonsense.

Yeh but it still adds to the fund of knowledge whether or not it’s science - it’s like that book “The Bible as Literature”

I don’t resent it. I do resent the fact that there are a lot of brave conservative thinkers who really know there s**t that are not shilling all meat diet. Carl Schmidt, Julius Evola, Roger Scruton - I mean Scruton makes Jordy look like a shaved monkey

He took on post modernists before it was cool - and he got sacked because of it: https://g.co/kgs/Kcfb9x

Apart from Scruton taking on post modernists before Peterson had left high school what are the main thrusts in Scrutton's brave conservative thinking that make Jordy look like a shaved monkey?

Sokal took on those frauds long before Scruton.

He was sacked from oxford in the 70s. Sokal submitted his paper in 1996 / that is a 25 year difference

“Scruton's academic career at Birkbeck was blighted by his conservatism, particularly by his third book, The Meaning of Conservatism (1980)”

He was sacked from oxford in the 70s.
When?

It's a bit rich to say you respect Scruton when he is in the same class as Peterson - a dissenter who must be erased.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...ged-sack-roger-scruton-over-comments-eugenics
https://www.theguardian.com/culture...scruton-over-soros-comments-demand-labour-mps

(Funny that Labour MPs object to eugenics remarks - how do they feel about Sidney and Beatrice Webb?)

If there was a Scruton thread we could guarantee you'd be in there saying he wasn't as respectable as William Buckley, or some other older conservative.

That's the road of scientism. Jung's theories either describe things in a repeatable and scientific way or you're just sitting in a haughty lecture of a man telling you you're having a bad day because you're a Pisces.
I think scientism subscribers should jump on another road.

So the panel for next Monday night's QandA is:

https://www.abc.net.au/qanda/

Don't know a lot about them, I think McGregor speaks well and it will be interesting if the discussion guess down the transgender path.

Badham had been ok on The Drum, but will definitely have some clashes there on identity politics.

What are people's thoughts? I'm not so much interested in the panelist beliefs as much as will there be any chance of a decent discussion?

(INB4 it's QandA of course it will be s**t)
Seems the ABC is gifting Peterson time to spread his stuff with the panel they've pieced together for Q & A. Not one of 'em likely to test him. All we need now is for ShanDog and other disciples to stack the audience and it'll be little more than a propaganda exercise. :astonished:

u49f2iX.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back