Past Jordan Russell

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a big fan of the bloke and I hate to see him go. I just wish he could have gotten his body and his head right at the same time.

Well... Rusty has just been delisted by the Filth so I guess thats his AFL career done and dusted unless he gets picked up by one of the bottom 4 clubs.

At least he can say that he played at the highest level and that he played for Carlton during his time in the system.

Well... Rusty has just been delisted by the Filth so I guess thats his AFL career done and dusted unless he gets picked up by one of the bottom 4 clubs.

At least he can say that he played at the highest level and that he played for Carlton during his time in the system.

:(

Sad that it has come to this, after 2010 and all the wonderful things he did. It's hard to remember another player of comparable ability so debilitated by the feedback of injury and loss of confidence.

Even after he went to Collingwood, I still hoped he'd find a way to validate himself, even if the hip would never allow him to regain the heights... but obviously not. I wish him the best.

Rustling up a future
But his hopes are clear: play VFL with an AFL-aligned side and help out with coaching the young players.

After it all, he wants to play and he has a passion for helping those entering the system.

"I'm looking forward to starting from the ground up again. In a way it might be a better thing for me than getting a [coaching] gig straight out. You learn to appreciate it all," Russell told AFL.com.au.

Recently he's been doing some labouring and odd jobs as he organises himself pre-Christmas, experience sure to grow in value as time passes.

He says he stopped using Twitter from that moment on - sadly, the frenzy of abuse meant it wasn't worth it.
Rustling up a future

Would be a terrific recruit for the Northern Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about you guys... but the news that Rusty has lead the Doggies VFL team to a massive win in their grand final... over the filth as well... is pretty good for an ex-Carlton player.

Maybe he can give his business partners the dope about Ben Long :)

I don't know about you guys... but the news that Rusty has lead the Doggies VFL team to a massive win in their grand final... over the filth as well... is pretty good for an ex-Carlton player. :)
Probably the second best troll he's done on them, the number one being the season he played there

It was actually the PF, but a fantastic effort just the same.
Actually... looking at the records, Collingwood hasn't won a VFL grand final (1990 was the first AFL grand final :) ) since 1958 :)

So it might as well have been their grand final :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back