Past Jordan Russell

Remove this Banner Ad

asdklfhasdlifjalkfjasd;fkasl;dfkjas;dlfj. yeah. i lolled.

it's a shame were not playing essendon this week and lloyd isn't playing, then it wouldn't just be a coincidence that it would be the second opening of lloyds end.

:eek:

Great return of serve, i lolled too :D

Unfortunately tennis was never my strong suit so we'll call this 0 - 15 for now! I'll be back though! :p

By the way, please never talk of Lloyd's end ever again, lol was nearly followed by vom.

My mate, JR, had a press conference where he stated forward handballs were what killed us against Collingwood and we will be looking to hit handballs to moving targets in the future. Mentioned he watched the Saints game and said "They just strangle you"

Good to see Jordan taking the media role this week, obviously a club favourite :thumbsu:

My mate, JR, had a press conference where he stated forward handballs were what killed us against Collingwood and we will be looking to hit handballs to moving targets in the future. Mentioned he watched the Saints game and said "They just strangle you"

Good to see Jordan taking the media role this week, obviously a club favourite :thumbsu:
Did he say anything about his thigh Zee?

Really enjoying his game at the moment. Has come on in confidence, disposal is getting better and better, decision making, run and carry.

The greatest measure for me though is as a supporter watching the game, when JR gets/receives the ball I have confidence he will do something useful with it.

Easily best on tonight,apart from a couple of odd kicks from the kickout,faultless:):thumbsu:!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russel turns zone buster

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/94028/default.aspx

DISCUSSIONS about Carlton this season generally revolve around its famed midfield, its prized No.1 draft picks and its three livewire forwards who have pace to burn and innate goal sense.

Rarely do the back six get a look in.

And rarer still does one of the back six find more football than Chris Judd or Marc Murphy or Bryce Gibbs.

But at Etihad Stadium on Monday night when Carlton put last year’s runner-up St Kilda to the sword, a 188cm, 24-year-old half back outshone all of his higher profile teammates with a stunning 35-possession, 14-mark game.

But if Jordan Russell was ecstatic with his own form and his role in putting a huge hole in the guts of football’s Great Wall of China, he wasn’t showing it.

His focus was next week when the team travels to AAMI Stadium to take on Port.

“[Playing] the two grand finalists, two wins, its an amazing effort so far but obviously we’ve got Port this week who are travelling all right and had a good win against Essendon on the weekend, and our focus is straight to them now,” he said after the game.

“It’s been a pretty hard stretch the last four games and to come through that and get three wins out of those that was what we wanted to do…but obviously we go to Adelaide now.

“It’s a good little run but obviously we’ve got to take it one week at a time.”

For many, Russell is a non-descript defender in a team that has several talking points; so it’s easy to forget that he finished sixth in Carlton’s best-and-fairest last year.

What is not easy to forget is Russell’s role in Carlton’s extraordinary 61-point demolition of the Saints.

On his own form Russell conservatively rates it as “good”.

“I feel really comfortable back there now with all the boys. It’s good to play on someone and defend but also then get involved on the way out,” he said.

“All the six spots down there work together and share the load with each other which is really good.”

It is a modest assessment of a defence that took the ball into the corridor and was instrumental in the surprise result of the season so far.

“That’s one of the things, especially against Geelong and St Kilda who zone up really well, you’ve got to move the ball quickly and you’ve got to go through the corridor to beat those sort of sides,” he said.

“We had a very disappointing loss last week. We had eight days or nine days to think about St Kilda. We obviously got really close to them last year so we knew how we wanted to play them and we knew we wanted to run and go through the corridor and it all came off.

“We jumped them early and we were able to sustain it for four quarters which was very pleasing.”

Continued his unbelievable form today against Lecras...Him, Gibbs and Walker are working oh so well together in the back line. Hard to imagine the JR of two years ago would turn into this Footballing Machine!!. Signed a 2 year contract also..

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/94789/default.aspx

“I’m absolutely stoked to be given the chance to extend my career at Carlton. I want to be a one-club player, so it’s great to be locked in for another two years,” Russell said.

“The club has shown a lot of faith in me, and I want to repay that faith and be part of group of young players who are coming through together and are hell-bent on making the most of our opportunities.”

WE LOVE YOU JR

Excellent year from Noofa/Rusty/Jordan (especially after dominating the elimination final) capped off by coming 2nd in the B&F. He's really cemented his role as our premier HBF'er and has expressed his interest in joining the Leadership Group next year, Great stuff JR!

Runner-up Jordan Russell represented the Club in all 23 senior matches for the season in what was his best year to date. He amassed a career-high 463 disposals and took 137 marks, the second most by a Carlton player for the season. Russell finished sixth in the John Nicholls Medal in 2009 following an excellent last half of the season, and he continued that good form in 2010.

The Top Ten in the 2010 John Nicholls Medal:
1st: Chris Judd 473
2nd: Jordan Russell 354
3rd: Marc Murphy 343
4th: Bryce Gibbs 322
5th: Andrew Carrazzo 310
6th: Kade Simpson 300
7th: Jeffery Garlett 279
8th: Heath Scotland 243
9th: Eddie Betts 217
10th: Aaron Joseph 197

The Top Ten in the 2009 John Nicholls Medal: