Joseph Acquaro Shot Dead

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Thread starter #1
Joseph Acquaro has been shot dead. Suspicions are this is a professional hit as he allegedly had a contract put on him last year (reasons unknown).

Acquaro was a criminal lawyer popular in the Melbourne Italian community.

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/bod...cide-squad-investigating-20160314-gniwm2.html

Another sad act of gangland related violence in Victoria one would assume.

If witnesses heard shot/s, why were the police not called as his body wasn't discovered until around 3am by a garbage man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
Bit of an update:

Acquaro was gunned down at approximately 12:40am
He was believed to have been shot from a passing vehicle
A vehicle was heard heading down St Phillip street, where Acquaro was gunned down, away from Lygon street at high speed.
Acquaro was known by his nickname "Pino"
He had previously represented gangland figures Pasquale Barbaro, Rocco Arico and Frank Maddaferi
It's believed he was heavily involved with the Reggio Calabria Club, an Italian society with alleged underworld links.

_Mike_

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Montreal Canadiens
Moderator #5
Comments have been made on this morning's news programs that the assassination of Acquaro may re-ignite the Melbourne gang-land wars as a result. It seems that the rabbit hole might be deeper than we thought?

AFL Club
Richmond
Nick McKenzie would also be feeling a tad nervous. While most of the media is an easy headline chasing disgrace, I take my hat off to investigative journalists who go after the dangerous stories.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Nick McKenzie would also be feeling a tad nervous. While most of the media is an easy headline chasing disgrace, I take my hat off to investigative journalists who go after the dangerous stories.

Always respected Andrew Rule & John Sylvester for this (Herald Sun/Underbelly writers)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
I think it was the HS than mentioned Albanian contacts?
HS reported the Albanians tipped Joe off about the contract. HS obviously got that information from Joe before his unfortunate demise.

The Calabrians won't like that. Hopefully this kicks off a full scale war between the albanians and the mafia, with the winner facing off against the Apex crew in Fed Square. I have my money on the albanians.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
HS reported the Albanians tipped Joe off about the contract. HS obviously got that information from Joe before his unfortunate demise.

The Calabrians won't like that. Hopefully this kicks off a full scale war between the albanians and the mafia, with the winner facing off against the Apex crew in Fed Square. I have my money on the albanians.
The Apex Crew are the real string pullers in this whole thing.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Another body found this morning in South Melbourne. Very few details yet, but Homicide squad are on scene.

_Mike_

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Montreal Canadiens
Moderator #20
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He sleeps OK at night.

Always amazed at how the Essendon Hird believers never went after him, despite it being his interview with Dank that brought the TB-4 evidence into the light. They went for Caro instead.

Top Bottom