Josh Caddy and Jack Graham vs Brandan Parfitt and Quinton Narkle

Which duo would you take?

• Total voters
FWIW, Caddy has started the season really well - IMO has gone up another level for us. Came in search of more midfield opportunities but was sort of forced by necessity to play forward more (similar to his last season at Geelong IIRC) last year due to our absence of a second key forward.

6 games into 2018 and is averaging just under 20 disposals and has kicked 16 goals for the year playing plenty of minutes as a marking forward.

Last year he averaged 17 disposals and kicked 21 for the season playing the same role so he's well on the way to build from on that.

I think this is a good case of win-win for both clubs.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Caddy 27 goals already this year from 9 games to go along with almost 20 disposals a game.

Gun.
He's 5th in the Coleman medal whilst missing two games, and has the highest kicking accuracy of anyone in the top 50 goal kickers.

Would love someone like him at the Crows, right now

He's 5th in the Coleman medal whilst missing two games, and has the highest kicking accuracy of anyone in the top 50 goal kickers.

Would love someone like him at the Crows, right now

To be fair alot of his goals seem to be from close range haha

He has kicked some beautys though and has definitely taken his game up a notch. Perfect swapping with Martin forward.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Score Involvements Per Game, 2018 (minimum 8 games played)

1. Lance Frankin - 9.11
2. Dustin Martin - 8.91
3. Jeremy Cameron - 8.36
4. Gary Ablett - 8.12
5. Adam Treloar - 7.75
6. Tom Hawkins - 7.70
7. Nat Fyfe - 7.64
8. Brandon Parfitt - 7.62
9. Jesse Hogan - 7.58
10. Jack Darling - 7.55

Pretty handy company. Not bad for a 2nd year player known more for his tackling and pressure. He's the highest tackler of that group too.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Watched Narkle play colts for Perth and if you're not picking the Richmond duo then I don't know what you're smoking.

Parfitt is the only one of the 4 worth bothering with. And the only player other clubs would actually want.

Parfitt is the only one of the 4 worth bothering with. And the only player other clubs would actually want.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Going by your foward lines performance on sunday you could really use a guy whos kicked 28 goals this year as a medium foward. Someone like a Josh Caddy i reckon.

Also, talk to us when parfitt has a 3 goal performance while shutting down the oppos best player in a grand final.

No contest atm.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley

Going by your foward lines performance on sunday you could really use a guy whos kicked 28 goals this year as a medium foward. Someone like a Josh Caddy i reckon.

Also, talk to us when parfitt has a 3 goal performance while shutting down the oppos best player in a grand final.

No contest atm.

I agree other clubs would want Josh Caddy. He's great at Richmond. I honestly don't think we could use him though. He works well as top 5/6 player, but if you have 10 players better than him on your list and give him a less core role he doesn't really fit into your structure.

I agree other clubs would want Josh Caddy. He's great at Richmond. I honestly don't think we could use him though. He works well as top 5/6 player, but if you have 10 players better than him on your list and give him a less core role he doesn't really fit into your structure.

Geelong could definitely use Caddy right now. He would genuinely be your best forward this season.

But hes not a top 5/6 player for us and he fits just fine. Id struggle to name 10 better on your list tbh.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
lmao

Tom Hawkins - 11 games, 25 goals (2.27 average per game), 14.5 disposals, 6.9 marks and 2.3 tackles per game.
Josh Caddy - 11 games, 28 goals (2.55 average per game), 17.8 disposals, 3.7 marks and 3.5 tackles per game.

Caddy would be your best forward this year, and he only does it part time.

Vasso2007

Debutant
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
lmao

Tom Hawkins - 11 games, 25 goals (2.27 average per game), 14.5 disposals, 6.9 marks and 2.3 tackles per game.
Josh Caddy - 11 games, 28 goals (2.55 average per game), 17.8 disposals, 3.7 marks and 3.5 tackles per game.

Don’t see 3 blokes hanging off Caddy like Hawkins. How many goals does Hawkins create by drawing defenders?

By the way Menzel has been our most productive forward this season he didn’t play last Sunday.

Last edited:

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

No contest atm.
Graham played an unreal game in the grand final but he hasn't shown all that much in other games I haven't thought - objectively, his best feature is just that he tackles a lot, but he doesn't find nearly as much of the ball or influence games like Parfitt (besides the grand final of course - but Tom Boyd did this in 2016). Caddy on the other hand has improved massively at Richmond which probably skews it in Richmonds favour

You'd probably say Caddy > Parfitt > Graham > Narkle - with Parfitt showing the most potential of the 4

looks pretty even though objectively, I think both sides are/would be pretty happy

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
But hes not a top 5/6 player for us and he fits just fine. Id struggle to name 10 better on your list tbh.

1. Danger
2. Selwood
3. Ablett
4. Duncan
5. Taylor
6. Hawkins
7. Menzel
8. Stewart
9. Kelly
10. Henry/Parfitt/Guthrie

9 players there that everyone will agree are better than Josh Caddy. I would also prefer Henderson/Tuohy/Blicavs and many others on my list before Josh Caddy.

1. Danger
2. Selwood
3. Ablett
4. Duncan
5. Taylor
6. Hawkins
7. Menzel
8. Stewart
9. Kelly
10. Henry/Parfitt/Guthrie

9 players there that everyone will agree are better than Josh Caddy. I would also prefer Henderson/Tuohy/Blicavs and many others on my list before Josh Caddy.

Would take caddy over all bar the top 4

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
lmao

Except he be wouldn't based on impact.

Caddy with 31, Hawkins with 30 - at this stage of the season.

But Hawkins ranked 4th in the comp for goal assists with 16 so far this year, which is representative of his differing role. So 46 goals he's kicked or had a direct hand in.

Caddy's not even in the top 100 players for GA.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Except he be wouldn't based on impact.

Caddy with 31, Hawkins with 30 - at this stage of the season.

But Hawkins ranked 4th in the comp for goal assists with 16 so far this year, which is representative of his differing role. So 46 goals he's kicked or had a direct hand in.

Caddy's not even in the top 100 players for GA.
Hawkins form has been stronger than Caddys recently who has dropped off a touch, although Caddy has been throwing his body around midfield stoppages

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawkins form has been stronger than Caddys recently who has dropped off a touch, although Caddy has been throwing his body around midfield stoppages
Part of his reason for leaving Geelong was that he wanted midfield time and wasn't going to get it.

This year he'd be even less likely to get it at Geelong.

Cicatriz

All Australian
Sep 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Caddy seems to have dropped off over the last 7 weeks. 8 goals, ave 14 touches. Well down on his first 9 games of 27 goals and ave 19 touches.
Flash in the pan?

Parfitt dropped off a cliff the second half of the year. Hopefully he can pick it up again.

Dropped off a cliff? He's averaging 17 touches since returning from injury. 20+ touches in 3 of his past 4 games.

He was outstanding on the weekend.

Back