Josh Caddy and Jack Graham vs Brandan Parfitt and Quinton Narkle

Which duo would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a proven win for Richmond - two premiership players. Jury's out for the Scats.
Nah. Narkle, whilst he hasn't put it completely together, looks a very good prospect. Parfitt, despite BT's horrid pronunciation making me want to hate him, is a very good player who would get a game everywhere.

Caddy was also very poor during his Geelong years and is only on when the teams on

Caddy is a gun when played up forward or inside mid. Doesn't look like he'll be getting either at Richmond anymore. Time for club #4.

Narkle is the next Walters. Holy hell did he look good against Carlton.
He's not even really that great an inside mid. His best role is forward/half forward where he palys taller and occaisonally pinch hits in the centre square and can play forward half stoppages.

I don't really see a clear role for him right now, and I don't think the match committee do either which is why they are experimenting and tried some things in the VFL.

Yes he did!

And once again, Josh Caddy delivers in a big game. Outstanding in the grand final.
he had 7 touches and 28% efficiency. Yeah he's a tough campaigner for continuing with the shoulder but he was pretty much unsighted all night. Caddy was good in the GF but so was the entire team.

Not sure what the obsession with winning this trade is by using specific games as examples. It's a win-win, Tigers upgraded with Caddy and Geelong got some quality youth for an older list.

I'd rather Parfitt and Narkle on my team, but Richmond would be happy with what Caddy/Graham have produced.

Parfitt is one i never really took notice of until late this year, and wow he really is a good player.

Narkle still quite raw but a good flexible young prospect, also put a heap of size on this year.

Graham/Caddy played roles in Premiership teams and Parfitt/Narkle look like they'll be good players for a long time to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he had 7 touches and 28% efficiency. Yeah he's a tough campaigner for continuing with the shoulder but he was pretty much unsighted all night. Caddy was good in the GF but so was the entire team.

Not sure what the obsession with winning this trade is by using specific games as examples. It's a win-win, Tigers upgraded with Caddy and Geelong got some quality youth for an older list.
Apologies, I forgot you're one of the reasonable Geelong fans. I like to rub it in the faces of the others because like your coach they have been so ungracious.

On Graham, it was what he did without the ball - second-most pressure acts in the game and allowed us to maintain rotations.

I do think Narkle has a big future, and Parfitt is a nice player, albeit a little soft. So was Houli at his age and now look at him.

Apologies, I forgot you're one of the reasonable Geelong fans. I like to rub it in the faces of the others because like your coach they have been so ungracious.

I think both Parfitt and Narkle will go past Caddy. Graham looks like a bit of a dud. I'd argue we won this trade

BF never disappoints.

Always rating players careers on Premierships as to who was better.

Tigers have 2 players who played Key roles in 2 flags even though Graham didnt play in the 2nd one, yet we somehow havent won this trade hahaha WTF?

do you reckon they will be key players in 2 flags?

you are dreaming, neither would get a game for Richmond lol
Nothing like going in OTT the opposite way. Parfitt is the best of the 4.

It's a win win trade.

Parfitt is not really anything special. A serviceable player, yes but he's certainly no standout and he's no match winner. He has a reputation of being a smooth and skilled mid-forward however I always notice a lot of errors and just sub-standard disposal coming from him, and he kicks froth all goals as well. Defensively reliable and a good link-up player from midfield, but he's still got a lot to work on I reckon.

Narkle's got some serious wow factor but he hasn't put together any real consistency yet, and he's actually a few months older than Parfitt for comparison. I like his potential and think he'll be the best of the lot, but you can't really assess upside.

Memes aside, Jack Graham is more than a battler and is a great squad player. Not a great user but he's a monster tackler and frequents the Tigers' best 6-10 players on game day. He doesn't need to be a precise user when he's working with Martin, Cotchin, Edwards and the like. Also a renown clubman and leader, there's heaps of room for him in an AFL environment over the next few years.

Caddy played a key role in a flag and minor premiership, and he played a minor role in winning a second flag. That alone makes his recruitment a big win. His 2019 season was a big drop-off and I don't think he'll recapture that career best form up forward. Can see him playing good footy up on a wing or even across half-back, but as stated he doesn't need to do much more as a Tiger - he's served his purpose and anything from here on will be a bonus.

Richmond winning now by some way. Geelong's players probably have more untapped potential but I'll back in Graham to carve out a very serviceable career and keep this trade even at worst for Richmond.

Back