Past Josh Drummond (2004-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it's just me, but I wonder whether the way that Drummond's foot impacts the ground, so clearly shown in the above picture, with a pronounced "outward" spread, have anything to do with his repeated leg injuries?

To me, his running style can only place undue pressure on his legs.

I think he got a running coach last pre season to work on his running. I think it did help, he usually has soft tissue injuries with hammys and quads. This time was an ACL, but there wasn't big long quad strains as there usually is.

Lions.com.au article about previous Lions rookie selections.

JOSH DRUMMOND
Drummond proved yet another talented Queenslander who was selected by the Club with Pick No.47 in the 2003 Rookie Draft.

Despite being close to senior selection on a number of occasions in his debut season, Drummond had to wait until Round 8 of 2005 before cracking his first senior berth.

He made an immediate impact across half-back with 15 disposals on debut and went on to play 14 of the remaining 15 matches.

Drummond was added permanently to the senior list at the end of 2005, and his lethal left-foot has since become a weapon for the Lions backline over the past six seasons.

He remains one of the key players in the Lions’ side, but has been limited to just 72 senior matches due to a variety of injury complaints.

I think he got a running coach last pre season to work on his running. I think it did help, he usually has soft tissue injuries with hammys and quads. This time was an ACL, but there wasn't big long quad strains as there usually is.
100% right there he had a proud history of soft tissue injurys but the A.C.L was really a new one for him.
Hoping to see him play 18 plus games this coming season and have that presence we sorely missed after he went down.

Injury update

Josh is still having some issues with his hip so he is probably a few weeks away from modified training.

drummond10.jpg

NAB Cup Injury List: Round 1

Josh Drummond (hip) - 6 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Drummond

"I obviously missed a lot of footy last year, so I'm keen and excited to get back into it. But with my injury history, and the fact I'm getting a bit older now, I won't play the opening week of the NAB Cup next week but I'll hopefully play the last one or two games and get some match practice before round one," the 27-year-old said.

drummond9.jpg

Injured Drummond on ice
17th February 2011

Drummond underwent a successful knee reconstruction last year but has been struggling to recover from a hip injury picked up during pre-season training.
“He is back into modified training, but at this stage they're not putting a time frame on when we'll see him play,” a Lions official told the Daily.

LARS on last legs?

Was yesterday's news Nick Malceski's artificially reconstructed right knee had broken down after three years the death knell for LARS?

It seems concerns about the likely longevity of LARS ligaments may be on the money. Like Malceski, Rodan's initial LARS reconstruction has ruptured, his after only 12 months.

Brisbane Lions fans are entitled to be nervous about what the future holds for defender Josh Drummond after his LARS surgery last year.

drummond4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back